The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #976
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 2

the hell is going on with this lol

I have heard so many things, and rumors for this movie, what is the ACTUAL current status of this movie?

Old 02-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #977
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
the hell is going on with this lol

I have heard so many things, and rumors for this movie, what is the ACTUAL current status of this movie?
It's still in developement and is hinging on the success of Zach Snyder's Man of Steel. The studio is hoping that the latter will generate interest in a Justice League film. Even though they have supposedly scrapped the Will Beal script, which was written last year there has not been any official news that the project has been scrapped nor that it has been delayed. In my opinion, there still should be enough time to write another screen play after Man of Steel releases and have it ready for filming by early 2014.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #978
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
I'm a little late to this, but I think of MoS as happening after TDKR. This way MoS doesn't step on TDKR's toes and they can still come together later on. Bale's Wayne wouldn't jump right back into action only a few months after TDKR, but I could see him coming back 10 years later (in that timeline). I mentioned earlier something with a similar arc as The Dark Knight Returns (different story obvious) could fit to me.
At age 50?

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #979
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
At age 50?
He doesn't need to be that old, but a few years after TDKR. Essentially, I want enough of a gap between TDKR and a Justice League event in which it seems like he's had his time away, but can't ever stop being who he is.

I understand that not everyone will share the opinion, which is fine. This is just what would get me the most excited. If I hear that it's a new Batman, I won't be as excited for the character.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #980
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
They're gonna have to use a new GL if they're gonna tie this to MOS, so they might as well use a new Batman. It's not that hard.

I still don't understand this whole ''this has to be tied to Nolan's movies'' mentality? If you really want a piss poor version of JL, then by all means, tie it to Nolan's Batman.
The argument boils down to 'We've already got a Batman, we've just gotta find a way for him to work'. I don't blame fans for wanting the most popular Batman in a JL film, but at the same time it's clouding judgement as to what's best for a JL film and life after Nolan. And there is Marvel envy on the DC side, fans want what Marvel have produced for DC characters.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #981
mat-chow
Side-Kick

I don't understand the "WELL if they're not using Bale then they can't use Cavill" line of thought. There is absolutely no actual through-line between the two franchises at this point in time. Same production company, same composer, same "visual tone", SO WHAT. For all intents and purposes TDK is over. As good as Bale is, I'm ready for a new Batman. I must be in a small group of people who just didn't love the bleakness and dreariness of the last two films. Batman should be dark but not dreary or mopey. Didn't love that. Bring on a more comic friendly interpretation. Reverentially, not cheesily.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #982
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat-chow View Post
I don't understand the "WELL if they're not using Bale then they can't use Cavill" line of thought. There is absolutely no actual through-line between the two franchises at this point in time. Same production company, same composer, same "visual tone", SO WHAT. For all intents and purposes TDK is over. As good as Bale is, I'm ready for a new Batman. I must be in a small group of people who just didn't love the bleakness and dreariness of the last two films. Batman should be dark but not dreary or mopey. Didn't love that. Bring on a more comic friendly interpretation. Reverentially, not cheesily.
I can understand that. It's all just a difference of opinion. I do agree with you on Cavill and Bale being a package deal. That doesn't make any sense to me.

One of the reasons I'm in the "bring Bale back" camp is because it's an already established timeline that has the same feel as what is being promoted about MoS. It could change once MoS is out, but right now they seem like good fits to me.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #983
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Kind of an odd question, but how would you guys feel if a TV show was used to introduce a character or two in Justice League? Assuming that it was purposely shot in that universe.

An example would be something like a Flash television show that acknowledges that Cavill's Superman inhabits that world, possibly even makes a cameo.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #984
J.Howlett

Quote:
The argument boils down to 'We've already got a Batman, we've just gotta find a way for him to work'. I don't blame fans for wanting the most popular Batman in a JL film, but at the same time it's clouding judgement as to what's best for a JL film and life after Nolan. And there is Marvel envy on the DC side, fans want what Marvel have produced for DC characters.
Essentially this.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #985
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
I can understand that. It's all just a difference of opinion. I do agree with you on Cavill and Bale being a package deal. That doesn't make any sense to me.

One of the reasons I'm in the ''bring Bale back'' camp is because it's an already established timeline that has the same feel as what is being promoted about MoS. It could change once MoS is out, but right now they seem like good fits to me.
Ask yourself whether it's actually in the best interests of the characters and JL to go that route.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #986
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think it is mostly because DC fans would never live it down from Marvel fans (and the general public for that matters) if their hero film franchises failed at the box office.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #987
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Ask yourself whether it's actually in the best interests of the characters and JL to go that route.
I think we'll disagree here, but I think it is. If we see a Batman series spin off of a Justice League movie, I feel like it makes his stories less impressive. Superman is fighting global threats and he's chasing down mob bosses. I feel like it doesn't do the character enough justice (no pun intended). A lot of us have agreed they don't need a rebooted Batman right away. Why not let this generation's Batman interact with this generation's Superman?

Old 02-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #988
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
do they just lack Marvel/Disney's huevos?
Ding ding ding! We have a winner1

Though, to be more fair, I think what it really comes down to is lack of internal coherence. Their plans for adapting DC properties come off as random, because their own internal structure is dysfunctional. Whereas Marvel has a coherent internal structure, thus allowing its movies to stay on track and not dither off into limbo.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #989
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Ding ding ding! We have a winner1

Though, to be more fair, I think what it really comes down to is lack of internal coherence. Their plans for adapting DC properties come off as random, because their own internal structure is dysfunctional. Whereas Marvel has a coherent internal structure, thus allowing its movies to stay on track and not dither off into limbo.
There seems to be a lot of factors going into this. With Batman and Superman you have to very well established and successful franchises. If you screw up on a film like Justice League you could hurt those two franchises, which had a lot to do with why the first attempt at a JL film got halted. It also seems to have something to do with this one as well.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #990
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

For those saying that the JL movie hasn't stopped production completely and they're just redoing the script, I want to point out that we've been hearing that for over a decade already. It is nothing new. WB's definition of JL being canned for now is the script being rewritten.

Quote:
This . I fully agree with everything here.

Quote:
I think we'll disagree here, but I think it is. If we see a Batman series spin off of a Justice League movie, I feel like it makes his stories less impressive. Superman is fighting global threats and he's chasing down mob bosses. I feel like it doesn't do the character enough justice (no pun intended). A lot of us have agreed they don't need a rebooted Batman right away. Why not let this generation's Batman interact with this generation's Superman?
You can argue the same thing about Batman in the Nolan films. And a rebooted Batman, if written well and with the Justice League in mind, may look a lot better than Nolan's Batman assuming he is the world's greatest detective and "Batgod" of the team like in the comics (though not at the expense of the rest of the JL).

I do not want to see Bale's Batman interact with Cavill's Superman because it is not in the best interest of the character. It would completely destroy JL for me and for a lot of people. I'm sure I don't have to get into the reasons why because I along with many other people have been listing them here for a while now.

Also, we know that Superman will be in his mid to late 20's in MOS with Bruce being in his early 40's by the end of TDKR. Are you not bothered by that age gap especially considering that Batman and Superman are like brothers to each other and that everyone else on the team will presumably around Superman's age?

Old 02-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #991
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

I really don't care if Bale's Batman could coexist with the JLA or not. Nolan had a great run with Batman but personally I'm ready to move on. I get tired of seeing the same thing over and over. I feel the same way about the members of the original X-Men trilogy coming back for DOFP.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #992
fanboiii
disciple of truth

I don't care if they use John Blake or Bruce, but I would like them to use the same universe. MOS already fits in with Nolanverse since it's being treated as a "First Encounter" and has the same grounded atmosphere.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:31 AM   #993
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
It's still in developement and is hinging on the success of Zach Snyder's Man of Steel. The studio is hoping that the latter will generate interest in a Justice League film. Even though they have supposedly scrapped the Will Beal script, which was written last year there has not been any official news that the project has been scrapped nor that it has been delayed. In my opinion, there still should be enough time to write another screen play after Man of Steel releases and have it ready for filming by early 2014.
Wait i thought WB was waiting to finish a MOS trilogy instead of justice league if MOS is successful?

Old 02-15-2013, 05:21 AM   #994
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Wait i thought WB was waiting to finish a MOS trilogy instead of justice league if MOS is successful?
Mayimbe said that this is, and I quote, "100% not true". But again, who knows? The whole status of the movie thing is speculation at this point anyway.

I heard a really good point from a YouTube video that I watched recently. It said that WB has already made a mistake with Cavill and the Man of Steel movies. Apparently, they hire on a movie by movie basis meaning that they renegotiate with every new film. If Cavill has currently only signed for the first Man of Steel (or even if it's for two more to round out the trilogy), that means that if MOS really knocks it out of the park at the box office, he's undoubtedly going to come back demanding a bigger paycheck for the sequel. And if that does really well, you KNOW that he's going to ask for a hefty chunk of cash if they ask him to do Justice League. This was the video maker's reasoning for believing that the Superman in JL would not be Henry Cavill's character or if it is, it'd be a look alike.

I see the logic there but I hope this isn't the case. That would definitely hurt the movie if they use MOS Superman without the MOS Superman actor. Talk about movie goer confusion..

Also, I'd really like to hear what Will Beall's story outline would have been if they kept his script sort of like we got an overview of Mortal. It would be fun to see what could have been even if it was a bad idea.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:35 AM   #995
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Yeah..... I have no doubt WB signed Cavill to no less than a 3 picture deal.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #996
The Eradicator
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm a little late to this, but I think of MoS as happening after TDKR. This way MoS doesn't step on TDKR's toes and they can still come together later on. Bale's Wayne wouldn't jump right back into action only a few months after TDKR, but I could see him coming back 10 years later (in that timeline). I mentioned earlier something with a similar arc as The Dark Knight Returns (different story obvious) could fit to me.
They can have Bruce come out of retirement to confront the new alien threat to Earth.

While vacationing with Selina in Italy, and seeing the news reports on TV of the arrival of Kryptonians, I can totally see Bale's Bruce saying the following:

"Just when I thought I was out...THEY PULL ME BACK IN!"

Sorry, I just had to do it.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #997
erehwon0
Side-Kick

Haven't there been interviews where the parties involved (Nolan or Snyder) have hinted at a start of a shared universe scenario in MOS?
To me that is the easiest thing to do. Just mention other elements of the DCU. Other cities, major corporations (Wayne Corp, Q Consolidated, etc.) They don't need actors to drop hints of a bigger DCU!

Old 02-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #998
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I think aliens are sort of out of reach for TDK universe. You can go as far as Superman, Luthor, and maybe some select OP villains from the Superman world. If you incorporate Batman then you probably want another Batman villain. Maybe Black Mask or Hugo Strange. Someone like that. Neither Batman nor Wayne have any reason to come out of hiding, but as I said earlier, you can't conceal your identity forever if you are Bruce Wayne. The only situation I can forsee is if Superman is in a near death situation and Batman has to help him out. I don't think you can have Nolan's Batman carry half the movie. It would have to be an extremely rare circumstance to force him out of retirement. I would probably kill Bruce Wayne off if that's the case, and then set JLA in a separate world from MoS/TDK series. Unless they plan on doing a Batman Beyond trilogy down the line in that universe. Or you can use Blake for the Justice League trilogy, but I don't think he can play Batman. Nightwing or someone like that.

Last edited by Mr.M; 02-15-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #999
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
You can argue the same thing about Batman in the Nolan films. And a rebooted Batman, if written well and with the Justice League in mind, may look a lot better than Nolan's Batman assuming he is the world's greatest detective and "Batgod" of the team like in the comics (though not at the expense of the rest of the JL).

I do not want to see Bale's Batman interact with Cavill's Superman because it is not in the best interest of the character. It would completely destroy JL for me and for a lot of people. I'm sure I don't have to get into the reasons why because I along with many other people have been listing them here for a while now.

Also, we know that Superman will be in his mid to late 20's in MOS with Bruce being in his early 40's by the end of TDKR. Are you not bothered by that age gap especially considering that Batman and Superman are like brothers to each other and that everyone else on the team will presumably around Superman's age?
This is when it comes down to the "which flavor do you like" argument. I want Batman's experience to be his edge over the other JL members. He doesn't have to be in his mid-20s to be the world's greatest detective.

I respect the opinion of those that don't want to see Bale back and want something fresh. I personally don't want them to change it because we already have a great pillar to build off of. I'm so tired of the reboot thing at this point.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #1000
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Cavill on the Justice League rumors from Total Film.
Quote:
" A decision's being made, I'm sure, post opening weekend!"

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Closed Thread