Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #151
Dark Knight
Banned User

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Honestly after the total flop of Gangster Squad, if I'm WB I find a new script writer. Not sure how big of a deal that is, considering Whedon threw out Zach Penn's script even though he still had a writing credit.

I think Goyer and the eventual JL director will probably have a heavy hand in making "improvements" to Bealls JL script before being officially greenlit....

Old 01-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #152
Crazymaverick
Obsessed with the \S/

Quote:
THEY DID NOT BUDGET FOR 270M WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT???

The budget was 185M and they overspent. You are crediting WB for wasting money.
I'm stating a fact about film budgets.

And yes development of the film even from a different script factors in. Much like it did with the Avengers.

And so for the final time $204 million/$223 million without the tax credits plus time and money spent on previous drafts/vfx tests etc = $270 million, got it?

Last edited by Crazymaverick; 01-30-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #153
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymaverick View Post
Batman Begins - Production Budget: $150 million
Superman Returns - Production Budget: $270 million
The Dark Knight - Production Budget: $185 million
Green Lantern - Production Budget: $200 million
The Dark Knight Rises - Production Budget: $250 million

Average production budget - $211 million.

Iron Man - Production Budget: $140 million
The Incredible Hulk - Production Budget: $150 million
Iron Man 2 - Production Budget: $200 million
Thor - Production Budget: $150 million
Captain America - Production Budget: $140 million
The Avengers - Production Budget: $220 million

Average production budget - $167 million.

source: boxofficemojo.com
The thing is that some of your data is over 6 years old. Production budgets are going to be higher in today's dollars. If MoS does very well, they will be justified in spending $250 million or more for a Justice League pic especially when they will have Superman and Batman as the hooks.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #154
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
please tell me where a first run movie that spent $300M has worked out?
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END cost $300 million, five years ago, and made almost a billion worldwide. SPIDER-MAN 3 cost $260 million before marketing, five years ago, and it made almost a billion dollars.

And yes, production budgets will be higher now than they were five or six years ago.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 01-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #155
Crazymaverick
Obsessed with the \S/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
The thing is that some of your data is over 6 years old. Production budgets are going to be higher in today's dollars. If MoS does very well, they will be justified in spending $250 million or more for a Justice League pic especially when they will have Superman and Batman as the hooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END cost $300 million, five years ago, and made almost a billion worldwide. SPIDER-MAN 3 cost $260 million before marketing, five years ago, and it made almost a billion dollars.

And yes, production budgets will be higher now than they were five or six years ago.

Stop it! You two are making too much sense!

Old 01-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #156
The Guard
Side-Kick

It wouldn't surprise me if WB makes a $400 million JUSTICE LEAGUE film. I'm sure they'd prefer to make a $300 million one, but there's a reason JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL got shelved way back when...and it wasn't just the issues with the script and the backlash over the cast.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 01-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #157
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

The list of most expensive films is pretty interesting. I would not have guessed that Tangled would be #2.

Scroll down for the list adjusted for inflation.

Also Waterworld looks pretty tame today. I remember when it was in production peoples heads were exploding over the cost.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #158
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
The list of most expensive films is pretty interesting. I would not have guessed that Tangled would be #2.

Scroll down for the list adjusted for inflation.

Also Waterworld looks pretty tame today. I remember when it was in production peoples heads were exploding over the cost.
There was actually some pretty cool animation effects in Tangled. I was surprised myself.

But JL most likely won't go THAT big with their budget. Probably around the Dark Knight Rises' budget to start.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #159
Crazymaverick
Obsessed with the \S/

That's a clever user name buddy!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #160
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Christ films are getting more and more expensive. Studios have to start reeling in budgets coz seriously it's getting out of control. One day a major studio is going to go belly up from one of these ridiculously expensive films.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #161
Crazymaverick
Obsessed with the \S/

That's probably the reason WB partnered up with Legendary and Marvel with Disney.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:12 PM   #162
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
I'm stating a fact about film budgets.

And yes development of the film even from a different script factors in. Much like it did with the Avengers.

And so for the final time $204 million/$223 million without the tax credits plus time and money spent on previous drafts/vfx tests etc = $270 million, got it?
You don't know what you're talking about. They budgeted $185 million. They overspent, they included the previous costs because they wanted to write off the film as a capital loss.

You're sitting here talking like they planned to budget $270 million, if you believe that I've got some beach front property I'd like to sell you.

WB will not budget 300M for this film.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #163
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me if WB makes a $400 million JUSTICE LEAGUE film. I'm sure they'd prefer to make a $300 million one, but there's a reason JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL got shelved way back when...and it wasn't just the issues with the script and the backlash over the cast.

No way in hell does the first live action JL films production budget come out to 400 million. Your crazy Guard. WB's would never allow it.

250 max would JL's budget.

Or it would the same as TDKR's and Avengers budgets.

Last edited by Dark Knight; 01-30-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #164
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Not going to happen. High side would be $250, more likely $200-$220. You don't have to spend that much especially for a first outing.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #165
Crazymaverick
Obsessed with the \S/

Quote:
You don't know what you're talking about. They budgeted $185 million. They overspent, they included the previous costs because they wanted to write off the film as a capital loss.

You're sitting here talking like they planned to budget $270 million, if you believe that I've got some beach front property I'd like to sell you.

WB will not budget 300M for this film.
For the final time, the budget was $223 million without the tax incentives. And it is a normal business practice to include ALL development costs into a movie's budget. Even things that never make it into the final product.

And so including the 'flyby' costs into the budget was not a ploy to write off a loss, because it was a part of the same production. This made the final tally $270 million.

On the other hand including the Burton era costs however, could have been construed as such because it was an entirely different production, under an entirely different director and team of producers.

Got it? If not then write it down, because I've had about enough of you.

Last edited by Crazymaverick; 01-31-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:11 AM   #166
echostation
Banned User

hupti's please don't fight... kiss and make up and please be sethus... not huptis

Old 01-31-2013, 12:11 AM   #167
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
There was actually some pretty cool animation effects in Tangled. I was surprised myself.

But JL most likely won't go THAT big with their budget. Probably around the Dark Knight Rises' budget to start.
JL's budget has to be more expensive than TDKR's by default if they truly want to get it right.I know a huge budget doesn't make a movie good, but still, it's the ****ing JL. Just my opinion.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:13 AM   #168
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
JL's budget has to be more expensive than TDKR's by default if they truly want to get it right.I know a huge budget doesn't make a movie good, but still, it's the ****ing JL. Just my opinion.
I agree, I just said I think it's likely that they won't go over that for the first time around. WB is being hasty but cautious it seems (if that even makes any sense).

Old 01-31-2013, 12:13 AM   #169
jmc
callin' it like I see it

How about they get the story right first before they start throwing coin at it.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #170
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
That's probably the reason WB partnered up with Legendary and Marvel with Disney.
Yep, Legendary's really racking up a lot of exciting movies. Warcraft just got announced, aiming for a 2015 release date. They'll have a big year on their hands with JL and Warcraft. They seem like a formidable opponent for Disney/Marvel's live-action movies at the moment, we'll see what they do with these three years.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:43 AM   #171
Gary Griffith
Side-Kick

They could cut costs with a Maxwell Lord or a Vandal Savage storyline, but if they go with a Darkseid/Apokolips epic the budget will obviously have to reflect that. Will be interesting to see what they'll do. I think a smaller, character-driven movie might be the better option. Obviously there would have to be big action scenes, but some serious character development might be in order so it doesn't just seem like Superman and Batman and these other people. I'd like to see some development for WW, GL and Flash. Maybe a smaller antagonist than Darkseid would allow that, and save on the budget as well. Either way $230 mil is probably a minimum.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #172
cleverusername8
Or something like that

I agree that a smaller villain would be ideal. Maybe limit it to one or two villains instead of an enemy team like I originally wanted. The audience will need to care about the villain as much as the heroes to decent development will have to go into them as well. And lighter on the special effects would be better so they can reserve it for moments that really deserve it (and making GL's constructs actually look good)

Old 01-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #173
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Griffith View Post
They could cut costs with a Maxwell Lord or a Vandal Savage storyline,
Had an idea for a Vandal savage storyline a while back.He occupied the Thanos role in my story.Well heres it summarised

MY IDEAS FOR JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE PLOT

Supermans dead at this time and diverse superheroes have begun to pop up.The World quickly begins to distrust and fear this superheroes,largely due to the Hyperclan,a group of 7 Alien beings who are secretly disgussed as World leaders manipulating the Public opinion on Superheroes.

The Hyperclan succeeds in painting all Superheroes as threats and this leads to the world government leaders sponsoring the creation of OMACs(using discarded kryptonian tech form the Zod invasion 4 yrs ago) to hunt down,Capture and if necessary kill other Superheroes.Superheroes are forced to go into the hiding.The Hyperclan is using the Omacs to establish totalitarian rule of earth under the disguise of protecting the world from superheroes.

This are very dark times.

But theres hope.

Superman the one superhero the public trusted,returns from the dead and gathers Batman, Wonderwoman ,Flash and Gl to form the Justice league-a group of heroes that lead a resistance movement that protects Superheroes,fights against the Rising of the evil Government and seeks to expose the Hyperclan-They fight for freedom and Justice.

Through the course of the story they find out more about the Hyperclan-They are a group of 7 Martian warriors who have been on earth for thousands of earth.They have been working behind the scenes orchestarting human history-we find it out they were responsible for the end of the age of mythological heroes and now they seek to end the age of superheroes.

After defeating the Army of Omacs and exposing the disgused Hyperclan members-the time for the Leagues Final battle comes.We discover that the Hyperclan have been using alien tech to extract powers from captured superheroes.They gain superpowers that makes them a match for the league(prior to this time they were just shapeshifting aliens.They had no other powers).The final battle takes palce at the Whitehouse with the Hyperclan vs the League.The League however gets a suprisng help from one of the Hyperclan members-Jonn Jozz who has secretly been helping the League all this while.So the League with the help of Jonn Jozz defeats the Hyperclan.

So the good guys win but its not over.In the after credits scene we discover that the Hyperclan were actually summoned from mars by ancient Immortal - Vandal Savage.And he hasnt given up yet...........onto Justice league 2.

Hope you liked it

Old 01-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #174
Reel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
According to Cosmic Book News. AKA disregard.
Empire Magazine also listed Justice League's release date as June 2015

Old 01-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #175
protocida
Side-Kick

^ That, we know.

Closed Thread