The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 03-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #26
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

Default Re: Bible show that actually looks pretty entertaining

Finally watched this the other night. My big complaint is Moses. Aside from looking like Mickey Rourke, he seemed far too confident, if that makes sense.

Donnie Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #27
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
The actor they chose for Jesus seriously irritates me...that whole male model with the perfect smile crap...
Based on anthropological analysis and reconstruction, Jesus would probably have looked something like this...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VkLudCXO_E...lestinian2.jpg

Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #28
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I understand what you mean.

I was hoping they'd give him his speech problem and have Aaron work with more.

Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #29
Siby
Side-Kick

This series does look good. I hope I remember to watch it.

It is annoying that the visuals of the bible are still influenced by the painting of the old masters. Jesus couldn't have looked like Brad Pitt, Mary this thin beautiful girl with perfect features.

I also find it astounding that a handful of men and a woman or two have so greatly influenced the majority of humans on this planet.

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #30
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I'm really not feeling the guy they got Jesus.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 03-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #31
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

And some people thought Satan looked like Obama...

http://badassdigest.com/2013/03/18/d...-barack-obama/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2900509.html

Depiction of races...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-wi...b_2854874.html

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 03-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #32
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Yeah,that was the first thing my sister said:"Hey,it's Obama!"
I'm sure it wasn't something they were intending to convey.

About the guy that played Jesus,yeah,kinda underwhelming.But to be honest,Robert Powell set the bar so high,I'm not sure anyone will ever play Christ as well.That guy did more with a look than 10 actors could do with a full script.

The high points for me so far were the stories of Danial and David.I was glad to see Paul Freeman (Belloq in Raiders) as Samual.He's a great actor,whom doesn't get great roles like that often enough.

Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #33
kane9321
oakland's finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I understand what you mean.

I was hoping they'd give him his speech problem and have Aaron work with more.
exactly my thoughts

Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
kane9321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #34
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I'm still way behind. I watched the first week's stories, but since then, my wife and I rarely take the time to sit in the same room and watch two hours worth of tv. It seems like when we are both at home, we are up doing stuff. I really do need to catch up on the last two weeks, since I really enjoyed the first week. I did notice, though, that they left out Lot offering up his daughters to the men outside.

Anyway, I don't buy the whole "Devil looks like Obama stuff." He looks about as much like Obama as Jackee looks like Beyonce.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:47 AM   #35
Ajendo
Side-Kick

edit

Tyrion: I wish to confess...

Last edited by Ajendo; 03-20-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Ajendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #36
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Totally looks like Obama but I doubt it was intentional. It's not a political commentary (directly) it's written by the guy who produced the Voice and Survivor. Purely entertainment XD

Truthfully, this actor's Jesus portrayal is my least favorite bit of acting so far. Not sure if they've aired this on TV yet, but the scene in the temple where he's flipping the tables and such didn't feel genuine. He seemed more confused than angry. I always imagined that part of scripture as Jesus loosing it for a second and getting righteously angry that the businessmen were defiling the temple. I was kind of hoping to see that but it just didn't happen.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #37
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Missed this thread when it was going on. I thought the series was alright. Some parts better than others. It felt a bit rushed though and certain parts oversimplified.

Although it's clear a lot of money was spent on it, some parts still felt a little small. For example, Jesus went in a very tiny fishing boat with only Peter, instead of the other fishermen and two boats. They couldn't hire a bigger boat or get a few extras? And Mary Magdalene was the only woman accompanying them. Where were all the others? And why was there only one pharisee bugging them at the start? He couldn't have been the only one around, and yet they kept bumping into him.

Also, the context in which Jesus says "not one stone (of the Temple) will be left standing" wasn't really right - he was telling it to a little girl in a playful way as if he were not saying anything particularly serious. The tone of that scene was wrong. It shouldn't have been something lighthearted.

That Asian angel at the beginning during the Sodom and Gommorah scenes looked like he was about to do some kung fu. Would've been funny if he did.

The soundtrack by Hans Zimmer was great.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 05-05-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #38
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I think the actual Bible, Spartacus, and the trailer spoiled me with the excitement of how cool this could've been. In the end, I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone to watch.

"