The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 05-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #201
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: What are some scenes you wanna see in a JLA movie?

Im all for that, and it's too bad we didn't get that with Pine as Hal. I just don't know if the GA would respond to that well if they detect that it's just a Star Trek wannabe. I personally would love it and so would the fans but im not sure if writers/directors would want to model it after that.

To be honest, it's the only thing that could work in my opinion...doing a Green Lantern like a Star Trek or even a bit of Star Wars. But who knows if people would think it's cool or just a rip-off.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #202
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Well Capt. Kirk is very similar in personality and demeanor to Hal Jordan, so there's that. But also the fact that both men are subservient to others in a hierarchy which they rebel against, often played against their partner who will often follow orders more willingly (Spock/John). Also, the films don't dwell too heavily on the spectacle as much as character interaction, and the prison scenes between Kirk and Harrison/Khan seem like they could just as easily be Hal/Sinestro. As well as Chris Pine describing Star Trek: Into Darkness as Kirk maturing as a character acknowledging he isn't a one man army against the world, but he has a team with him, and that would ideally be how Green Lantern would work.

Haven't seen the new Star Trek movie so I cant comment, but yeah from how you explained it, I can see that.

Pine is actually my back up choice for Hal if Reynolds doesn't come back *points at own sig*

Also another thing Green Lantern could take from the first Star Trek movie......most of it actually was in space or other worlds, something that was promised for the first GL which was not true in the slightest.

Have the movie start out on Earth to introduce Hal, switch to space showing Abin in trouble, show Hal & Abin meet on Earth, then after that we dont see Earth again till the very end or part of the final battle type deal.

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #203
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Pine's Kirk is pretty much what Hal Jordan should have been,

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #204
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Someone asking Batman if he's all right after an attack by the villain. But followed by him saying "I'll make it" or "I'll live", then swiftly running forward back towards the threat.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #205
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Of course Flash jokingly bragging about how much faster he is than everyone else on the team.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #206
shauner111
Side-Kick

That would actually be a good/funny scene for the JL movie.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #207
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

The only thing I don't like about that scene is how Batman's cape doesn't flutter in the breeze that Flash creates when he runs off.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #208
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Batman doesn't flutter.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #209
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

I'd like something totally left field.

a meta-moment if you will.

like,
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

out of the blue near the end of the film, with the flash or hal saying "what the hell was that?" in a kinda wink wink way to the audience. i think that would be pretty funny.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #210
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

If Arrow is successfully integrated into the DCU, I would like to see a scene with her working for the team in some tech related detective work.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #211
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

I'm on board with this. In some instances, we've seen characters who shouldn't be able to budge Supes actually hurt him. Going toe-to-toe with him should be reserved for the most powerful villains.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #212
Shazam
Side-Kick

I'm going to be pretty blunt here. There is no possible chance that this will ever happen.

1. Christopher Nolan never wanted anything supernatural or alien in his Batman universe; he wanted to keep it 100% grounded in possible reality. Nolan does not want his Batman connected to any other part of the DC universe.

2. The Batman in Nolan's universe was physically destroyed in TDKR, as shown by his doctor. There is no way for him to continue being Batman. 3. The Batman in Nolan's universe would be incredibly useless in the Justice League. He's a terrible detective, his armor makes him heavy and inflexible, and, as stated before, he's physically destroyed. There is no possible way he could go toe-to-toe with Superman.

As a huge fan of the trilogy, I believe it would be ludicrous to use that Batman in the Man of Steel universe. It would make no sense in any way. He NEEDS to be rebooted for a new story.

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #213
TommyJones1945
Side-Kick

A scene where two memebers fight each other to settle their differences.

I know, I know. Its totally ripping off the Avengers, but it'd be sooooooooooooo cooooooooool. Plus you can have one person like come in the middle and stop them because they are being immature.

TommyJones1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #214
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

I wonder what Superfriends easter eggs we should expect? Wonder Twins? Wendy and Marvin? Samuri, Black Vulcan, Apatche Chief and El Durodo? Somethings fun but not silly.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #215
smallville fan
Hero

Superman beating Batman and making his fanboys cry.

WILL HAPPILY DEBUNK ANY HATER AND SEND THEM PACKING! :P
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #216
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Great question. I definitely want to see a couple of scenes where we get the idea of how strong the different charachters are compared to eachother. That could mean something like superman being able to barely touch Flash as he fools around as seen in the new 52 JL v1 or GA hunting Deathstroke and DS shows great strength by doing something and then Supes arrives and Deathstrokes starts pounding the MoS and nothing happens, maybe except he hurts his hands. Doomsday/DS/Amazo grab flash´s throat as he is running or breaking Wonder Womans/Supermans arm or something.

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:01 PM   #217
Lord
All Mighty

I want to see John Stewart using his ring to create a sniper and him to use it, like in Sinestro Corps War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
I'm going to be pretty blunt here. There is no possible chance that this will ever happen.

1. Christopher Nolan never wanted anything supernatural or alien in his Batman universe; he wanted to keep it 100% grounded in possible reality. Nolan does not want his Batman connected to any other part of the DC universe.
Honestly, his Batman was far from realism, dwelving often into science fiction and the way the story was told was sometimes more like a fairy tale, The Dark Knight Rises was basically one

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #218
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

^Awesome. They could actaully make that look freaking awesome. Like he starts with each part and assemble the gun in front of us. I mean, he is military after all. Sure a GL can instantly create a structure but wouldn´t it be cool to see it in slowmotion, to get a good idea how the ring can work/how it feels/a method of how you create stuff with the ring.

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:21 AM   #219
Jordacar
The Endless One

Here's how I would open the movie:

A series of news footage, changing channels from one to the next, recalling events that happened in previous films and a few that happened in between films, and the public's reaction to them. We'd see pundits and politicians going back and forth on the long-term implications of superheroes throwing down in the streets, comments from religious leaders, man-on-the-street interviews, conspiracy theorists, also a couple of interviews with the actual heroes who do that sort of thing. Even throw in a few viral videos to make it interesting.

This could all be presented just to the audience, or there could be someone actually watching all the footage (like Brainiac, for instance).

It would kind of be the flipside of the end of Avengers, as I suspect the individual heroes will have turned in more hours by the start of this movie than each of the Avengers had. It would also harken back to the original Superman movie when Perry White is dolling out tasks to the Daily Planet staff, projecting how every section of the newspaper should cover the appearance of the Man of Steel.

The purpose of all this is to quickly create a sense of what it's like living in the DC Earth at the point when all these costumed demi-gods are running around unsupervised and unaffiliated. Generally, we would get the sense that the world is suddenly quite scary now that it's full of heroes and the larger-than-life threats that they regularly face. And over the course of the film, when the League comes together, we would get the sense that the League (especially when they work together) have it all handled.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Jordacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:57 PM   #220
Jordacar
The Endless One

I just had this idea:

If we get the scene where the JL takes their group photo, Flash would hit the button on the camera, but of course Flash being Flash, he wouldn't bother with a 5-second delay.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Jordacar is offline   Reply With Quote