The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #76
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V (A.K.A 5) - Part 2

I love great graphics with realistic art&models,I don't mind old-school 2D/cartoony or even cell-shading But I much prefer the modern"realistic"stuff..However graphics are never my priority in looking to be interested in games.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #77
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

For me, I love to admire the hard work that developers put in. The more detail the better.

The better the graphics or the real it looks you immerse in the game in a greater way. To feel it's real and you're there.

Not to say if graphics are inferior I wouldn't play a good game.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #78
James
Built from Lego

After looking at the new screenshots, the one thing that really stands out for me is the lightening. Not because it looks cool, but because of the potential. Will it be possible to get your airplane/helicopter hit by lightening? Will stormy weather effect your flying? Could you even fly your jet up 'above the storm'? I'm not sure if it will be that involved or the lightening is just a fun visual effect, but it wouldn't surprise me if Rockstar went that extra mile.

Last edited by James; 03-28-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #79
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

It would add random challenge. Which is fine with me.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 03-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #80
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
After looking at the new screenshots, the one thing that really stands out for me is the lightening. Not because it looks cool, but because of the potential. Will it be possible to get your airplane/helicopter hit by lightening? Will stormy weather effect your flying? Could you even fly your jet up 'above the storm'? I'm not sure if it will be that involved or the lightening is just a fun visual effect, but it wouldn't surprise me if Rockstar went that extra mile.
I doubt it, but that could be really cool. Thats one of the things i cant wait to see. Its all the small s**t that Rockstar puts into their games that makes them so incredible. Rather it be two people arguing on the side of the road or a guy standing over his car trying to figure out why the thing wont start to a drunken brawl starting up at your favorite saloon. Rockstar really knows how to create a world that feels real. I can only imagine what theyll do here.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #81
James
Built from Lego

Just out of curiosity, where did everyone start with the GTA series?

Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #82
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

I started with III,I later tried 1&2 But I only like all the games since III!!

Old 03-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #83
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
just out of curiosity, where did everyone start with the gta series?
First one i played was GTA III

Old 03-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #84
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Just out of curiosity, where did everyone start with the GTA series?
My first game was Liberty City Stories on the PSP. I never had a PS2 so I missed out on those game, and I never played Vice City Stories on the PSP, so I went straight to GTA IV when I got my PS3 a couple of years ago.

And going back to the whole debate about graphics, I kinda want to go and get one of the older games from PSN, but I'm not sure how I'll like the older graphics and play styles, not to mention the lack of trophies doesn't give me a reason to want to go back.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #85
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

I started with Vice City.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #86
Soapy
It's happening again...

Grand Theft Auto 2

Old 03-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #87
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Started with GTA III

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #88
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

GTA III for me and then went back to I and II and London before I played Vice City.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #89
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

The first one.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #90
Havok83
Side-Kick

For me the GTA series started with GTA III

Old 03-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #91
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
For me the GTA series started with GTA III
Me too. Although I remember playing one of the earlier games, just don't know which one.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #92
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

GTA III was the first GTA game i played

to this day, my all time favorite GTA game is Vice City

Old 03-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #93
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

I started with GTA IV, fell in love with it (still am), then played Lost and the Damned, and Gay Tony as well, fell in love with those also. Then I went back and bought San Andreas on the cheap; and while the city and the setting are interesting enough for me, I just can't stand the major stepdown in graphics and gameplay compared to the uber-realism and 24/7 vitality of IV-level Liberty City.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #94
James
Built from Lego

I've always had a suspicion that most people started with III.

I began with the original top-down game and have loved the series ever since. Without question GTA is my absolute favorite, Rockstar raise the bar of gaming every time a new edition is released. Oddly enough I tried playing the first one again some time ago and it was ridiculously hard, I have no idea how 13-14 year old me was so damn good at it.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:44 PM   #95
Doc Ock
1951-2014

MY first GTA was GTA1 and London on PS1.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:22 AM   #96
Jericho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I started with GTA IV, fell in love with it (still am), then played Lost and the Damned, and Gay Tony as well, fell in love with those also. Then I went back and bought San Andreas on the cheap; and while the city and the setting are interesting enough for me, I just can't stand the major stepdown in graphics and gameplay compared to the uber-realism and 24/7 vitality of IV-level Liberty City.
This is precisely why, when I picked up San Andreas back in 2005 to see what all the hullaboo was about, I put it away after the first few missions. I sought out GTA III and proceeded to complete it. I knew that I didn't do that first, I'd never experience the game that started it all. Each one builds upon the previous game, taking it to the new levels of awe.

There is just no way I could start with GTA IV and then go back to San Andreas. I have many fond memories of time spent there that can never be recaptured by playing it now. The only way for me to return there is what is coming in GTA V.

I can barely return to Liberty City now (and I have yet to finish Niko's story, only The Ballad of Gay Tony... so if anyone can convince me it's worth finishing...) since completing Red Dead Redemption. Even though it's a different genre.. Red Dead Redemption really pushed the bar even higher in ways that where similar mechanics are present in V (random events as you travel) that make it more engaging and exciting. GTA IV, as detailed as it was, never quite had enough going on that you could actually interact with. They've obviously gone way past realizing that.

That screen shot of the Santa Monica Pier with the lightening above it is awesome and well timed considering I just spent this past Monday there. I am definitely going to forge new fond memories in this place.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:59 AM   #97
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

my first GTA was GTA on computer. I've spent so many hours on this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
It's Zryson. Everything he says is so funny.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #98
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
That screen shot of the Santa Monica Pier with the lightening above it is awesome and well timed considering I just spent this past Monday there. I am definitely going to forge new fond memories in this place.
This is something that both scares me and excites me about GTA V. Part of the reason why I loved IV was because its set in NYC, where I live, so I am familiar with most of the areas. I remember when I was trying to go after the trophies and was doing the pigeon hunt, I saw so many more places that I never went to during my normal travels around the city, and it really hit me how accurate they tried to be in terms of capturing the look and feel of many neighborhoods.

I afraid I won't feel the same connection with San Andreas since I've never been to Los Angeles. But at the same time, seeing how many people are having the same experience with SA that I had with LC makes me more excited to see all of the areas that they put in the game because Ill know they'll try to capture the environment accurately there too.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #99
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho View Post
this is precisely why, when i picked up san andreas back in 2005 to see what all the hullaboo was about, i put it away after the first few missions. I sought out gta iii and proceeded to complete it. I knew that i didn't do that first, i'd never experience the game that started it all. each one builds upon the previous game, taking it to the new levels of awe.
Grand Theft Auto 1?

Old 03-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #100
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Military bases&planes are confirmed But what about tanks?,I hope they at least bring over the noose tanks from Ballad of Gay Tony