The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 01-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #26
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: Applebee's Fires Waitress For Posting Receipt from Pastor Complaining about Tippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
She's not embarrassed about being a ******. She's embarrassed about being caught being a ******.
Exactly.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #27
Holiday
'Bout that action

Default Re: Applebee's Fires Waitress For Posting Receipt from Pastor Complaining about Tippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
Excuse my internet savvy social skills but what the hell is Reddit anyway?
Reddit is like the entire internet condensed into one site, populated by nerds.

Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #28
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Reddit is like the entire internet condensed into one site, populated by nerds.
*whew* then I better avoid it since I'm not a nerd.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #29
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:44 PM   #30
Holiday
'Bout that action

Hey, if you're an atheist liberal you might still enjoy it there.

Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #31
Piper Maru
Rides Again

Well I am an atheist, so I'll check it out!

Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:55 PM   #32
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Good for her.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #33
Piper Maru
Rides Again

Do you think there will be a made for tv movie based on this incident?

Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #34
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
its an obvious violation of trust and privacy that a customer should expect from a restaurant. this is an issue between the employee and the customer, and should be resolved between them....not passive aggressively on the internet. if the employee wants to make the point that this pastor was a *****, thats fine. but to do so at the expense of the employer's reputation, she couldnt have possibly expected her employer to be okay with it.

She decided to be a big immature baby about a rude customer and tried to humiliate the person publicly. Deserves exactly what she got
This.

You're darn well not supposed to put a customer's private information online.

The employee should have just let it go. Some customers are jerks. If you respond to them with aggression or anything less than professionalism, in many industries, you're likely to get fired.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #35
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Someone's signature is private information now? ****, sports stars better stop signing autographs.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-31-2013, 09:24 PM   #36
The Guard
Side-Kick

The receipt is part of the company's work product. Most employers have rules about making things like that public. Especially financial records. Nevermind that her conduct was completely unbecoming someone in customer service/retail.

And yes, the pastor is a whiny little *****. But again, some customers are jerks.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #37
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
The receipt is part of the company's work product. Most employers have rules about making things like that public. Especially financial records. Nevermind that her conduct was completely unbecoming someone in customer service/retail.

And yes, the pastor is a whiny little *****. But again, some customers are jerks.
Ok but there's no personal information there other than her signature. You guys act like her SSN is on the damn thing.

I do wonder why this blew up so big? There are multiple blogs and websites dedicated to these type of things. Must be the religious angle.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #38
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

The pastor was a douche. And the waitress was not acting professionally. They both got what they deserved

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #39
Baramos
Side-Kick

I would question her status as a "minister", but it's not like there's any standards for that anyway...every charlatan and two-bit scam artist can call themselves a minister. All they need as a minimum are a rented-out storefront and some fools willing to give them 10% of their paychecks every Sunday for a half-baked message and some canned music.

Anyway, I'm sure the store is within its rights to fire the employee but that hardly makes it right, if you know what I'm saying.

EDIT: Jesus, I didn't even read the article fully. The chruch actually is literally a downtown storefront. Now I'm just depressed I was that prescient about it.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #40
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
The pastor was a douche. And the waitress was not acting professionally. They both got what they deserved
True on both fronts.

I would have still posted that receipt anyway, but without a single identifying piece of information on it. It's funny regardless, and doesn't need to have blame attached to it.

I hear that churchgoers can be the worst tippers. Some folks I know who were servers at a restaurant next to a church, hated the post-Sunday mass crunch. Tons of people would come in, but many of them would leave church brochures in lieu of tip. Sure, Jesus might save you, but it ain't gonna pay the rent!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:28 PM   #41
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...193820748.html

So the pastor is a *****, and the waitress gets fired?
A relative of mine gets these kind of receipts all the time from cheap religious people. One time, one of them left a $5 dollar bill, but when he unfolded it, it was an preaching ad to accept Jesus and go to church.

Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:44 PM   #42
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
Wait a minute, how the hell do 8+ people only manage to spend $35 at Applebees?
$5 Appetizers after 10pm I'd think. My Applebee's has that.

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 PM   #43
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Except she didn't. If she wanted to do that, she could've posted the person's name and made sure the Applebee's logo on the receipt was shown.
Yeah, this. She didn't just call for the waitress to be fired, either, but her co-workers, too.

Quote:
On Wednesday, the pastor reportedly contacted the Applebee’s location where she worked and demanded that everyone involved — including the managers — be fired.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/3...o-tip-receipt/

She plans on delivering a sermon over the weekend on "forgiveness." What hypocrisy.

Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:47 AM   #44
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
I wonder why these stories keep happening. I mean, if I go to a sit down restaurant I'm going in with the knowledge that I will have to pay a tip. If you don't want to tip, don't go to a sit down restaurant. It's that easy. Of course there are times where there is bad service and all the like but I also feel people find any old excuse not to tip. If you're going to be a cheapass, go to Burger King.
At the same time, it's your right as a customer to leave a ****** tip if you want to. That's why the majority of places leave it blank for you to leave the amount you think is appropriate. Is it a jerk thing to do? Yes, but it's still within your right. Part of being a waiter/waitress means knowing how to deal with bad customers. Posting their receipts on line is not one of them.

However, in this case when the tip is included because of the party size, you are obligated to conform to their policy. Refusing to do so is theft. This woman trying to use religion to justify her actions is an outright embarrassment and offensive. But the waitress still should not have posted the receipt online.

Last year, Peyton Manning gave a waiter a 50% tip (18% built in, added $200 himself). The server posted the receipt online as was fired for doing so.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/...ngus-barn.html

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:56 AM   #45
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Wink Re: Applebee's Fires Waitress For Posting Receipt from Pastor Complaining about Tippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...193820748.html

So the pastor is a *****, and the waitress gets fired?

Someone needs to put her out to pastor. Get it?

Ponyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #46
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Marvel View Post
secondly, i think applebees had every right to fire the employee. as a spectator, i find the antic amusing. but as an employer, i would have a problem with it. its an obvious violation of trust and privacy that a customer should expect from a restaurant. this is an issue between the employee and the customer, and should be resolved between them....not passive aggressively on the internet. if the employee wants to make the point that this pastor was a *****, thats fine. but to do so at the expense of the employer's reputation, she couldnt have possibly expected her employer to be okay with it.
Why should I (or any custumer) trust a restaurant to keep my douchebag tendencies secret?

Old 02-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #47
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

So far, Bell has only been bemoaning her own tainted reputation, so I'm really curious if her sermon about forgiveness makes any reference to the waitress she got fired, or is just a continuation of her pity party for herself.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #48
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
I wonder why these stories keep happening. I mean, if I go to a sit down restaurant I'm going in with the knowledge that I will have to pay a tip.
@ "have to".

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #49
steintym
Stay Frosty

Yay!!! Everyone ends up looking like a tool in this one.

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #50
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

This is stupid of this pastor trying to get fame with this because now people in restaurants know her face. Someone will spit in her food after seeing this, but that's probably happened already considering her attitude.