The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #51
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: Applebee's Fires Waitress For Posting Receipt from Pastor Complaining about Tippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
Why should I (or any custumer) trust a restaurant to keep my douchebag tendencies secret?
Doctors and lawyers actually have laws protecting their clients' privacy, but restaurants are fair game, depending on the individual restaurant.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #52
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Applebee's Fires Waitress For Posting Receipt from Pastor Complaining about Tippi

The pastor was out of line for writing something like that, not a very good witness for the Lord. And the girl was out of line too for blowing it up for the world to see.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #53
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
So far, Bell has only been bemoaning her own tainted reputation, so I'm really curious if her sermon about forgiveness makes any reference to the waitress she got fired, or is just a continuation of her pity party for herself.
I'm sure it's a continuation of the pity party. If it wasn't, she'd have asked Applebee's to give the waitress her job back.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #54
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyte_Sun View Post
A relative of mine gets these kind of receipts all the time from cheap religious people. One time, one of them left a $5 dollar bill, but when he unfolded it, it was an preaching ad to accept Jesus and go to church.

I used to work with a bunch of church guys and one tried that same thing. The other guys told him that it was impolite though. Also it sends a bad message to anyone outside the church. Why would they run to church when it seems to be full of jerks.

I'm glad this pastor got exposed. I have no sympathy for someone like that.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #55
Megarob
www.digitalbomb.net

I was very involved in the church, for a LONG time, and got out of it pretty much for this reason. I was tired of pastors acting one way in front of the church body, and another behind a closed office door. I pisses me off to see "pastors" like this treating others like crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
I'm glad this pastor got exposed. I have no sympathy for someone like that.
I feel the same way... She needed to be put in her place.

Megarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #56
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Maru View Post
Do you think there will be a made for tv movie based on this incident?
TV movies are ancient history now it's direct-to-DVD with Holly Hunter as the pastor and the Youtube sensation Rebecca Black as the waitress.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #57
kane9321
oakland's finest

Both were in the wrong ..totally

Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
kane9321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #58
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
@ "have to".
Yup. Unless it was horrendous service you have to leave a tip, not should, not think about it, have to. If you're going to be cheap, don't go to a sit down restaurant. It's easy. A tip is part of the deal. It's not like "Surprise! Time to tip!" You go in knowing that tipping is part of the deal.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #59
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

The Waitress deserves what she got the original picture clearly shows the signature's name, if she really wanted to make a point she could have just kept the "pastor" part and deleted the rest.

Trainwreck2100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #60
Megarob
www.digitalbomb.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Yup. Unless it was horrendous service you have to leave a tip, not should, not think about it, have to. If you're going to be cheap, don't go to a sit down restaurant. It's easy. A tip is part of the deal. It's not like "Surprise! Time to tip!" You go in knowing that tipping is part of the deal.
Ummmmmm you most certainly do not HAVE to leave a tip. It's an extra. PLUS in this circumstance they had already taken 18% (aka a TAX) from out of the bill. And that's retarded. Tipping is an extra TIP that that person making min-wage. If you do a good job you will be tipped whatever that person thinks is necessary. If you don't get tipped, don't act like you are entitled to get one, because you aren't.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #61
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Come back to me when you translate that into English.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #62
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

I understood it perfectly fine.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #63
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megarob View Post
Ummmmmm you most certainly do not HAVE to leave a tip.
Of course you don't.

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #64
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

You don't technically have to, but unless your service was abysmal, I think you have to kind of lack a sense of shame to walk out without leaving anything.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #65
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
You don't technically have to, but unless your service was abysmal, I think you have to kind of lack a sense of shame to walk out without leaving anything.
The bold part was my only point.

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #66
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Exactly. I mean yeah technically you can do whatever you want but you should go in with the expectation of dropping down an extra 15% more or less with your meal. Also, not coming up with every excuse possible not to tip. "Only 5 refills of my drink?! NO TIP!" Is ******** I've seen way too much in my life.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #67
Megarob
www.digitalbomb.net

No, I agree. I tip. EVERY TIME. Almost no matter what. I was just saying. you don't HAVE to. but your a d**k if you don't. I have worked in the restaurant business and I know what it feels like to have some dude not tip you, even when you know you did a good job. It sucks...

Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #68
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

It actually makes more of a statement to leave something really small than to leave nothing at all, if the service was truly atrocious. Then you know the customer didn't just forget.

Also yes, unfortunately, the salary of the waitstaff takes tips into account, even if tips aren't required. They'd be working for under minimum wage otherwise. That's just how it works in the US.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #69
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
True on both fronts.

I would have still posted that receipt anyway, but without a single identifying piece of information on it. It's funny regardless, and doesn't need to have blame attached to it.

I hear that churchgoers can be the worst tippers. Some folks I know who were servers at a restaurant next to a church, hated the post-Sunday mass crunch. Tons of people would come in, but many of them would leave church brochures in lieu of tip. Sure, Jesus might save you, but it ain't gonna pay the rent!
I'm a pastor's son so I've been around church people all my life. I can tell you for sure that the ones who REALLY are christians, are definitely good tippers. But i'm in the south and i'm in an assembly of God church. No idea how the catholics are at tipping. I can still remember my grandpa leaving a twenty dollar tip on multiple occasions. I would always think " i wanna tip like that one day" But for now i just leave regular tips. lol

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #70
Baramos
Side-Kick

I always tip, though I don't really go percentage wise or whatever (I'm sure it's at least 15%). But clearly if I had a party of 8 then I would expect an 18% tip because that's probably going to be at least two wait staff serving you who I assume split said tip.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #71
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #72
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

Both are in the wrong. What a bunch of scrotum tickling nonsense!

Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #73
Marvolo
Side-Kick

When are people going to learn there are consequences to your actions. You can't just take a customer's signature and post it on the internet. The pastor was a ***** that is for sure, but this waitress should have known better.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 02-03-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #74
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megarob View Post
Ummmmmm you most certainly do not HAVE to leave a tip. It's an extra. PLUS in this circumstance they had already taken 18% (aka a TAX) from out of the bill. And that's retarded. Tipping is an extra TIP that that person making min-wage. If you do a good job you will be tipped whatever that person thinks is necessary. If you don't get tipped, don't act like you are entitled to get one, because you aren't.
Do you honestly believe that waiters / waitresses make minimum wage???

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:45 AM   #75
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Do you honestly believe that waiters / waitresses make minimum wage???
In most states minimum wage for waiters/waitresses is $2.13 an hour. Employeers are not required to pay tipped employees anymore than that amount.

Here is the minimum wage for all states that shows the wage of tipped employees.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm#NorthCarolina

Everyone just think about this next time when you are deciding whether to leave a tip or not. These workers only make $17.04 in an 8 hour shift without tips.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 02-03-2013 at 02:56 AM.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote