The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #751
Parker Wayne
I have an army, of Batmen

Default Re: February 20th - PlayStation 4 (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
Is Watch Dogs PS4 exclusive?
Nope.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #752
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
Saw Larry Hyrb (Xbox's Major Nelson) tweet got retweeted: "Announce a console without actually showing a console? That's one approach"
That's what I'm saying. I bet you Microsoft won't do that. If they do I'll eat my own words but I doubt it as they've been pretty good when it comes to console reveals with both the Xbox and the 360.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #753
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
So, a lot of people are saying that the videos were liekly all pre-rendered, except Watchdogs, and the console may not even exist yet. Thats why there are no full specs or a mock up of the console as of now. Kinda makes sense
The gameplay wasn't necessarily pre rendered but they were running on a PC. We have confirmation that Watch Dog was.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #754
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster
So, a lot of people are saying that the videos were liekly all pre-rendered, except Watchdogs, and the console may not even exist yet. Thats why there are no full specs or a mock up of the console as of now. Kinda makes sense
Not if it's set to come out later this year. How can it not even exist yet?

Old 02-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #755
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

It's a metaphor for Sony's possible future: No more selling hardware to consumers, they are just a streaming company like Netflix.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #756
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Yep. Back in 2006, I never thought we would end this gen without ever seeing another KH console release. I thought one would be out by 2010
This generation was lousy. Not KHIII, only one FF, the suckiest one I've ever played. And of course it gets two sequels, that I can't believe anyone actually cares about.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #757
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
Saw Larry Hyrb (Xbox's Major Nelson) tweet got retweeted: "Announce a console without actually showing a console? That's one approach"
Honestly...It doesnt bother me that they didnt show the console...Gotta save something for e3 and...um..games matter more.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #758
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Honestly...It doesnt bother me that they didnt show the console...Gotta save something for e3 and...um..games matter more.
That's right

Old 02-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #759
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Not if it's set to come out later this year. How can it not even exist yet?
As in the hardware isn't finalized and made up yet. Not liek a final release version either, but they obvously didn't have a mock up for that kind of thing to show.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #760
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Yeah. I have to say I'm really baffled by the reaction to them not showing hardware.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #761
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

No EA presence at the show. I wonder where they are going to turn up?

Old 02-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #762
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

so nothing about if PSN will still stay free??

did they say anything about a better browser??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #763
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Yeah. I have to say I'm really baffled by the reaction to them not showing hardware.
Really? You seriously can't comprehend why not showing the console at a presser about the console announcement would be anticlimactic and silly?

Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #764
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Why are there pages and pages of people complaining about not seeing what the box will look like when we ended up seeing about 10 different PS4 games?

Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #765
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Sure the games are important but there was nothing about those games that sold me on the need to 'upgrade' to a next gen console other than the arbitrary transfer to new hardware because 'it's time'. I mean, in nearly 10 years, our current gen has evolved so much, I just don't see enough to sell me on this new console being 'VASTLY' superior.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #766
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
No EA presence at the show. I wonder where they are going to turn up?
It's mostlikely cause of this statement

Crytek: It’s “impossible” for next-gen consoles to compete with PCs

Tweet

Comments 101
at 01:39am February 20 2013
Though Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli is under a non-disclosure agreement from both Microsoft and Sony to not MAXIMUM BEAN-SPILL details on their next-gen console reveals, that doesn’t prevent him from preaching a bit to the Nanosuited choir. Speaking to Eurogamer, Yerli flatly proclaims the hardware rift between modular PC setups and the upcoming console family makes it “impossible” for the latter to match beefy battlestations.

that doesn't mean all of EA feels this way. but I think they are staying low after this.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #767
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

All I wanted is information of the format the system would use and how PS3 BC would work. I didn't really get either. Just a little about PS3 streaming which really didn't answer anything...

Quote:
Are you people seriously incensed that they didn't show hardware? This thing was way longer and more detailed than anyone predicted, not to mention all of the games they showed. You have nothing to complain about.
I'll complain about what I want.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #768
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro UK
Why are there pages and pages of people complaining about not seeing what the box will look like when we ended up seeing about 10 different PS4 games ???
And how many of those games were either

1) Multiplatform titles
2) Sequels that could just as easily be current gen
3) A rerelease (Diablo 3).

When you factor that in and the tech demos, the actual PS4 exclusives that SOLD the next gen were pretty thin on the ground.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #769
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
that doesn't mean all of EA' feels this way. but I think they staying low after this.
I don't.

Anyways, after one of the most in-depth console reveals there's ever been I'm really surprised how many people are pissed off that we didn't see said consoles plastic casing.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #770
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Kind of seemed like they would talk about one feature and then move into one not totally related. Awful transition from topic to topic.
Yes this is an example of what I mean. It just didn't come off as a professionally organised marketing announcement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upset Spideyfan View Post
Yeah I have to say I feel the same way. There were a few highlights, them coming out and talking about the specs right off the bat was nice but what they actually showed me didn't excite me at all.
And I should add that it actually started well. I loved the intro (& the music) and it looked like they were setting up a conference that would deal with each relevant topic stage by stage while building tempo so that we finish on a high.

Really not that hard.

- Intro (fine as is)
- Hardware specs
- Future game engine discussion
- Demos
- Selected game footage
- Close (upbeat please!)
- End with some kind of tease at least of the black box (side view cloaked in shadow maybe ) & the internet explodes till your next conference.

Anything's better than just ending abruptly as if we're not dealing with anything too important here lol. And when it comes to showing games just show a small number of the very best. Start and end with the best 2. The whole thing ended up taking so long because of some games that didn't need to be shown at all. Cut out everything that isn't wow-worthy, next gen type material like the 1st game they showed and whatever that was with the characters playing musical instruments. That stuff is for people interested and should be put in developer diaries or something.

Last edited by Iceman; 02-20-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #771
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Was it really that in-depth though? I remember the 360 being a lot more extensive in it's reveal. Hell, I remember the PS3 being the same too.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #772
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
It's Sony some people just gotta complain about it.

But excellent show, tons of amazing games KZ looked way better then I thought the graphical jump would be. Great stuff.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #773
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Do you people not remember the Vita reveal? It was 40 minutes and they didn't actually put a proper name on a single game. We saw 5 minutes of Uncharted and that was it.

I'm struggling with the concept that everyone thought Sony was going to blow their load in one go.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #774
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro UK View Post
I don't.

Anyways, after one of the most in-depth console reveals there's ever been I'm really surprised how many people are pissed off that we didn't see said consoles plastic casing.
I don't think they are finished on a final design yet or they think the competition will rip it off, some how? I don't know. We'll see more later when they are ready.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #775
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Sure the games are important but there was nothing about those games that sold me on the need to 'upgrade' to a next gen console other than the arbitrary transfer to new hardware because 'it's time'. I mean, in nearly 10 years, our current gen has evolved so much, I just don't see enough to sell me on this new console being 'VASTLY' superior.
Indeed, nothing really looked next gen up there: from the perspective of mechanics or even visuals. I mean Killzone looked nice but it didn't look THAT much better than the last one. That Deep Down (which I heard is apparently set in the Dragon's Dogma universe) looked really cool but screamed "not actual gameplay". I wasn't expecting a huge E3 style show, but I was hoping for 1 demo that was just clearly something that was way beyond what we currently have.

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Closed Thread