The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #951
LuisTX85
SeŮor Zorro

Default Re: February 20th - PlayStation 4 (?)

I'm on my 2nd PS3 But only cause I went from original fat one to slim

Old 02-21-2013, 01:36 AM   #952
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I can't really disagree with any of that honestly. It's all true but even then I still love my 360. The reason for not buying PS3 initially was purely based on money as I think it's still a pretty damn impressive console. Just never got around to getting it for one reason or another.

This gen I'll probably end up getting both the NuXbox and the PS4. To be fair though Shadow of the Colossus was for the PS2 (which by the way is still my favorite console of all time) and The Last Guardian is still in some weird development hell.

PS2 still stands as king for me. Now that was a hell of a system. Still play it every now and then. The life on this baby is incredible. If there's one thing I can say about Sony is that they really do go for quality when it comes to their hardware. I've had my PS2 since launch. That's freaking 13 years and it still runs like new.
A lot of those I listed are PSOne as well. I'm making a point about Sony throughout has continued to make new IP's again and again and take risks. But ya the PS2 and the SNES were my favorite consoles....well so was the PSone too lo.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:42 AM   #953
Superhero 101
DESI

Finally saw the conference and I will break my review of the ps4 conference into + and -
+destiny watch dogs killzone shadow fall new capcom and media molecule game all look great
+ better interface i e how u r able to download a game and instantly play while downloadin
+ ability to stream games through gaikai
+ ability to potentially play ps4 games on vita

- no console
- no ps vita price drop
- no ps3 price drop
- graphics arent that much of a leap

Old 02-21-2013, 01:44 AM   #954
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

The problem with Microsoft was that they got lazy, and then lost focus. They had the lead on the PS3 and was killing them, but when it came down to them keeping studios, they let several slip away, like Bioware and Bungie. They wasted another studio with Rare by religating them to gimmick and Kinect games, and speaking of Kinect.... Better yet let's not.

I'm all for entertainment hub and wanting to rule the living room (which is one of the positives of the latter half of the generation for Xbox), but they have bring back their focus on gaming to compete, especially considering that Netflix and Hulu are free to use on the PS4.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:47 AM   #955
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
The problem with Microsoft was that they got lazy, and then lost focus. They had the lead on the PS3 and was killing them, but when it came down to them keeping studios, they let several slip away, like Bioware and Bungie. They wasted another studio with Rare by religating them to gimmick and Kinect games, and speaking of Kinect.... Better yet let's not.

I'm all for entertainment hub and wanting to rule the living room (which is one of the positives of the latter half of the generation for Xbox), but they have bring back their focus on gaming to compete, especially considering that Netflix and Hulu are free to use on the PS4.
Ya and that was another real smart thing by Sony, by teaming up with Blizzard, and showing the gaming world that Bungie is no longer exclusive to MS. Though we all knew that, this was a further reminder. And I will get Destiny on the PS4 for sure. I admit I'm very intrigued on what they have done with this game and what it really is.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:48 AM   #956
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

I just want more information on Agent!

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #957
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
I just want more information on Agent!
I hope so for E3 with that as well. It's been damn well long enough.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:20 AM   #958
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Another thing that blew me away was that media molecule presentation like wow I never expected that and the way they used the move made the wiimote look like a 99 cent toy lol

I'm going to need to save at least $700 now Sony take my money now!!! I don't need it lol

Last edited by blalex620; 02-21-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:56 AM   #959
LuisTX85
SeŮor Zorro

I'm sure glad I started saving already

Old 02-21-2013, 03:06 AM   #960
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread

This guy was hilarious. Got a little too dramatic but it worked.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-21-2013, 03:31 AM   #961
LuisTX85
SeŮor Zorro

Is the PS4 controller the same size as PS3's or bigger??

Old 02-21-2013, 03:42 AM   #962
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
Is the PS4 controller the same size as PS3's or bigger??
It looked to be a tad bigger but nothing too noticeable

Old 02-21-2013, 03:49 AM   #963
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL

looks pretty cool. i was getting a ps4 regardless.

sony still has the exclusive games i care about, so unless the announcement was horrendous, it didn't change my mind.

If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
Old 02-21-2013, 03:58 AM   #964
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

I've haven't touched a shooter since COD MW2 but I'm definitely picking up Destiny Day 1 on the PS4 over the PS3 now

Old 02-21-2013, 05:09 AM   #965
Havok83
Side-Kick

I wonder how they will implement the touchpad into games. It kinda looks too small to really be effective

Old 02-21-2013, 05:17 AM   #966
B
[insert witty comment]

I think when the next generation hits I'll maybe jump ship to Xbox. I bought an Xbox 360 recently after only ever having Playstation's my who life & the 360 is significantly a better console & online experience I feel compared to the PS3.

The only thing that might persuade me to stay with Sony for the PS4 would be if the Xbox 720? costs significantly more money, at this juncture.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:17 AM   #967
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

where can i see the whole show?

I saw the controller, but did they reveal the system?

Old 02-21-2013, 05:38 AM   #968
Havok83
Side-Kick

6X BD drive is great. I wonder if this means that it will eliminate the mandatory install on games. I sure hope so. That would make things MUCH easier on the hard drive

Old 02-21-2013, 05:41 AM   #969
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Diablo III Fans Are Not Reacting Well To The Gameís PS4 Announcement

One of the surprises at tonight's PlayStation 4 reveal was the announcement that Blizzard's previously PC-only Diablo III will be coming to both PS4 and PS3.

This has led plenty of disgruntled Diablo III players to make themselves heard on Blizzard's official forums. While many simply voice disappointment about seeing a PC exclusive ported to console, user SmashCrunch articulates a broader, more astute gripe: that it's entirely possible that Diablo III was built for consoles from the start.

From the Diablo III forums:

Quote:
Diablo 3 was setup to be a console game.

The reason only 4 players are allowed into a game is for 4 controllers.

The reason the quests make you walk in a linear closed circuit as opposed to big open worlds, is to keep your buds next to you on the same screen.

The reason for no skill points or complicated number crunching? To make console players happy.

The reason you have 4-5 skills on your bar at once? Very easy to use an Xbox/Ps3 controller to use skills.

The reason no runes / complicated item mechanics exists. Simply wouldn't be fun for console gamers.

The reason you can't host a named game? Auto join for console users.

The reason for achievements in game? It's popular among console / COD fans.

The reason for passive skills? Perks like Call of Duty uses. Everyone unlocks perks and uses their favorite ones.

PC gamers are just beta testing for the console release so it wont be full of bugs. That's how ActiBlizz intends to make the real money.

Also explains why the game doesn't have VoIP for Pc gamer chat.

Diablo 3 is the modern Call of Duty of ARPG's.
There are some users in the thread offering counterpoints, but it's hard not to see the truth in some of those observations.

Find more discussion over at the Diablo III forums.
Source

Old 02-21-2013, 05:44 AM   #970
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

So no ps vita price drop? So I was right to buy one now, because there is a price drop in my country, but it's only until march!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
It's Zryson. Everything he says is so funny.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:52 AM   #971
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I read on another board someone saying they were done with Blizzard and I laughed at that. Wasn't it always known that Diablo would be coming to the consoles? Its never been officially announced but Im sure Blizzard has said they've been looking into it, giving weight to that it would happen when they are good and ready to release it

Old 02-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #972
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
but MS has like what 3 in house devs? While Sony has about 30.
Actually, Microsoft has a lot of in-house devs. The problem though is that the vast majority of them work on casual Kinect games or casual downloadable title for XBLA and Windows Phone.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #973
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
Actually, Microsoft has a lot of in-house devs. The problem though is that the vast majority of them work on casual Kinect games or casual downloadable title for XBLA and Windows Phone.
basically irrelevant to most gamers. I still cant believe they acquired Rare and never used them to their potential

Old 02-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #974
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

part of me thinks its far to soon but if i stop and look at it the ps3 has been out for ages now so i guess its not unexpected.

i dont see myself getting that excited just yet its still far to early but if the rumours of a xmas 2013 release its not leaving a lot of hype time

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #975
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Is there an HD source for all of yesterday's stuff now? Want to see how Killzone & Watchdogs look.