The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #101
LuisTX85
Z

Default Re: February 20th - PlayStation 4 (?)

IF the rumors about PS4&Xbox 3 blocking used games are correct then a steam app would be even more perfect

Old 02-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #102
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

http://www.vgrevolution.com/2013/02/...-and-details/#

Old 02-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #103
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Track pads are terrible. That just looks awful.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #104
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Yeah I'm not feeling the touchpad replacing analog sticks. Not enough sensitivity with a track pad.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #105
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

http://www.destructoid.com/what-the-...--244985.phtml

...or it looks like that. Or neither.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #106
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

That one looks a bit more functional though.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #107
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Both are horrible.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #108
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Looks very interesting to me. I wonder how it feels in the hands which will be very important.

There is talk now coming up that those were for the devs more so, and are not final. So I guess we will find out soon. Can't believe Wed we will get the news!

Last edited by Solidus; 02-14-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #109
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Edit: Dp

Old 02-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #110
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Watch the PS4 controller become just a good ol PS3 controller.

Remember this?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Don't try to fix what ain't broke!

Old 02-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #111
LuisTX85
Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post

Looks very interesting to me. I wonder how it feels in the hands which will be very important.

There is talk now coming up that those were for the devs more so, and are not final. So I guess we will find out soon. Can't believe Wed we will get the news!
That controller design is much better than the one with two track pads in that other link

Old 02-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #112
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Well people have to remember there are lots of prototypes of things out there right now, I'm sure soon we will see more final things. I think the touchpads are great ideas, I think maybe for some games RPG's, inventory control, strategies, that they could come in really handy.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #113
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I don't mind a touchpad in the start/select area but only as long as the analog sticks and buttons on the left and right are left intact.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #114
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

That third design is the best I've seen so far. I must admit though, I don't understand why a touchpad/screen is needed, unless Sony is determined to copy and improve upon everything Nintendo has tried to do.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #115
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
That third design is the best I've seen so far. I must admit though, I don't understand why a touchpad/screen is needed, unless Sony is determined to copy and improve upon everything Nintendo has tried to do.
How is this copying Nintendo? More like they are making their controller more in line with their other console, the Vita, which this is supposed to allegedly, be using the same technology. Sony has really pushed cross compatibility between the PS3 and the Vita in the last year since its been out. I only imagine they have plans to continue that with the PS4 since they can implement ideas and enhanced functionality into the system from the getgo

Old 02-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #116
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Ya the Vita does have touchpads and that was before the WiiU. Touchpads have been around for a long time. Look at your laptop lol.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #117
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
How is this copying Nintendo? More like they are making their controller more in line with their other console, the Vita, which this is supposed to allegedly, be using the same technology. Sony has really pushed cross compatibility between the PS3 and the Vita in the last year since its been out. I only imagine they have plans to continue that with the PS4 since they can implement ideas and enhanced functionality into the system from the getgo
Have they really been pushing cross compatibility though? Because the biggest knock I've heard about the Vita is that they haven't done enough of it and that they've dropped the ball on more than one case. I don't have a Vita so I haven't been following it too closely but I keep getting the impression that it's a nice handheld, but its still missing something that's keeping it from reaching its potential and becoming a must-have handheld. I definitely think there needs to be some kind of compatibility with the PS4, and I hope that that's what they were preparing for because when it comes to the PS3, based on all that I've heard, it has been considered disappointing.

And I only say they are copying Nintendo because they have a history of taking things that Nintendo does and either improving upon them, or shoehorning them in, like PS Move. I know with the Vita, touchscreen was added more to compete with handheld games from phones and tablets, but if the PS4 controller is to reflect compatibly with the Vita, in which the Vita could also function as a controller, I can go for that. But just the idea of adding a touchpad to a console controller is something I'm not sure how I feel about.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #118
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Have they really been pushing cross compatibility though? Because the biggest knock I've heard about the Vita is that they haven't done enough of it and that they've dropped the ball on more than one case. I don't have a Vita so I haven't been following it too closely but I keep getting the impression that it's a nice handheld, but its still missing something that's keeping it from reaching its potential and becoming a must-have handheld. I definitely think there needs to be some kind of compatibility with the PS4, and I hope that that's what they were preparing for because when it comes to the PS3, based on all that I've heard, it has been considered disappointing.

And I only say they are copying Nintendo because they have a history of taking things that Nintendo does and either improving upon them, or shoehorning them in, like PS Move. I know with the Vita, touchscreen was added more to compete with handheld games from phones and tablets, but if the PS4 controller is to reflect compatibly with the Vita, in which the Vita could also function as a controller, I can go for that. But just the idea of adding a touchpad to a console controller is something I'm not sure how I feel about.
Well with the implementation of the Cross Buy this past fall, more and more games are coming out which are seamless between two. Of course there's some limitations and I think the Vita coming so late in the PS3's life cycle accounts for many of that as it wasn't a part of Sony's plans when developing for the PS3. They can develop the PS4 with the Vita in mind

Old 02-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #119
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
http://www.destructoid.com/what-the-...--244985.phtml

...or it looks like that. Or neither.
IGN is reporting that the one posted in your link is real, but it's an early prototype, expect a few design changes here and there.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #120
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

I'd like for the future to be one device. Specifically, the handheld and console will be one and the same. Your Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo handheld will simply send its image to your television (either wirelessly or with a cable) and then you can play with a bluetooth (or other newer technology) gamepad. This seems more likely if the whole cloud-streaming video games thing doesn't take off. Also, since consoles are more technologically advanced with storage and the like, a lower-end tech company like Nintendo might embrace this first.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #121
Soapy
It's happening again...

Looks much better than the Dual Shock. So I guess I'll be pleased if it's like that.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:09 PM   #122
Superhero 101
DESI

I am not digging the look for the PS4 controller. I hope the DS3 is some how compatible.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #123
obin_gam
Side-Kick

I've been a Nintendofan since childhood and I have only ever had either a Nintendo console or a 360 as a console.
This might me the thing that makes me buy a Playstation. As long as they keep online gaming free of charge, I'm buying a PS4

- Gene Wilder
Old 02-15-2013, 01:18 AM   #124
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

I'm really not sure they will keep online gaming free on the ps4. On the other hand, some people bought a ps3 instead of a xbox360 thanks to the free online gaming, so who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
This isn't to blame Cavill, but Goyer and Snyder, Superman doesn't manage to save 10,000 people. Superman doesn't come out as a big hero in the movie. He just seems to be there because he's pissed at General Zod. He isn't necessarily concerned about the people.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #125
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lťo Ho Tep View Post
I'm really not sure they will keep online gaming free on the ps4.
Well why not?!