The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #126
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Default Re: February 20th - PlayStation 4 (?)

Another image of the controller:

I hope that's a headset jack at the bottom.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #127
Havok83
Side-Kick

that looks uncomfortable so I hope its not the case. Those grips look big

Old 02-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #128
Soapy
It's happening again...

Looks more comfortable than the Dual Shock.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #129
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Looks more comfortable than the Dual Shock.
You REALLY don't like the DualShock lol.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #130
Soapy
It's happening again...

Eh... I don't hate it or anything, I've just never preferred it to whatever controllers the competition had.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #131
Superhero 101
DESI

That design is a better but still looks bulky IGN has a really good article about how people have designed of what they want the Next Gen Consoles to look Like

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...console-design

Personally I like #3 design for Playstation and #2 for Xbox

Old 02-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #132
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
Another image of the controller:

I hope that's a headset jack at the bottom.
Why so fat?

Looks like one of those cheap gimmicky conttrollers you buy when you can't afford the real thing. And what is up with that speaker?

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #133
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

For mics, so you don't necessarily need a headset...which I like. Which is rumor right now. But there is a jack for a headset underneath. But I would love it if it did not require one as some rumors have started.

And again, this is the dev kit one, so it's hard to tell what the final one will look like. But I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #134
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
For mics, so you don't necessarily need a headset...which I like. Which is rumor right now. But there is a jack for a headset underneath. But I would love it if it did not require one as some rumors have started.

And again, this is the dev kit one, so it's hard to tell what the final one will look like. But I'm liking what I'm seeing.
Oh, I forget about a mic, because I don't play online MP.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #135
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:

To me that doesn't make much sense. Why not just have the voice come out of the tv? It would certainly sound better than voices coming out of a speaker on your controller

Anyways, I prefer something like this

Last edited by Havok83; 02-15-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #136
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

I dunno have we held the new controller yet? Lol or seen the final one? No. To both. To me that is nothing more then a DS without stick out buttons. It looks exactly the same. It seems they are changing a little bit.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #137
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Sony just released a promo of sorts for next weeks events and it's solely dedicated to the beginning of the Playstation in the early/mid 1990s.

Awesomely nostalgic...and now it's ensured what is going to be revealed Wednesday.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #138
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...olution-video/

I was just going to post that Spidey lol. Listening to this I think they realize their marketing for the PS3 at launch was weak. I think they are ready to step back to what they did with PS1 and PS2's great marketing.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #139
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

Just saw this on ign
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/02/16...l-stream-games

Old 02-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #140
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
To me that doesn't make much sense. Why not just have the voice come out of the tv? It would certainly sound better than voices coming out of a speaker on your controller

Anyways, I prefer something like this

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
That I would definitely much prefer.

Quote:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...olution-video/

I was just going to post that Spidey lol. Listening to this I think they realize their marketing for the PS3 at launch was weak. I think they are ready to step back to what they did with PS1 and PS2's great marketing.
Awesome! Alot of nostalgia, the Crash Bandicoot stuff really made me nostalgia...I forgot how much he was used in the advertising campaigns...a sign? Only a fool like me would hope.

Good marketing would make the PS4 unstoppable just like their first two consoles were...well I was more of a fan of the PS1 stuff than the PS2 stuff but I loved the whole "Live in Your World, Play in Ours" thing. The PS3 early ads were creepy...

Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #141
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

I do remember the PS3 marketing to be quite underwhelming. They have to make situations like this...feel like colossal events. It's the start of a new chapter, make it memorable!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #142
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

The best ad hands down was this one:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

It came out a month before the PS2 launched. Which I remember getting that on launch. This ad was just awesome, it teased. See the thing they need to realize, is the PS3 ones showed too much of the console, and were very creepy. It showed the ego of Sony at the time screaming: BUY THIS. Which I never liked.

You're first year customers are early adopters, and in marketing there is a way to deal with them. We want the newest and it means we are usually hardcore gamers. We take our hobby more seriously then the GA does or later adopters. We want sleek, seductive almost. It needs to be more of a tease, and not really show a lot. That's what made the PS2 ads like the one above work so well (that one won a bunch of awards I think).

The first wave of ads for launch need to show the "cool" factor of gaming, and make it just awesome. Nothing made for the GA because most know they for the majority will not be getting them. Later on you go for the GA and that's when you go with more funny commercials ect.

Also the box I want it to be like the PS and PS2's. The PS2 had such an elegant yet awesome box. No giant pictures of the PlayStation on it (like the PS3). It was just blue. With "PS2" in silver lettering. That was it. Something about it made it that much more enticing. Save the other boxes for years down the road when it is more mainstream. They need to do it as they did before, evolve the marketing. Start out aiming first at the seeds, the early adopters then change your marketing. Sadly that is marketing 101.

I hope they do PS2 style again with this.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #143
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I wouldn't mind a controller with a headphone jack since one of the issues I frequently come across is having to lower my TV all the way late at night so that I don't wake up people.

And doesn't the Wiimote have sound come out of it?

Old 02-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #144
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
The best ad hands down was this one:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

It came out a month before the PS2 launched. Which I remember getting that on launch. This ad was just awesome, it teased. See the thing they need to realize, is the PS3 ones showed too much of the console, and were very creepy. It showed the ego of Sony at the time screaming: BUY THIS. Which I never liked.

You're first year customers are early adopters, and in marketing there is a way to deal with them. We want the newest and it means we are usually hardcore gamers. We take our hobby more seriously then the GA does or later adopters. We want sleek, seductive almost. It needs to be more of a tease, and not really show a lot. That's what made the PS2 ads like the one above work so well (that one won a bunch of awards I think).

The first wave of ads for launch need to show the "cool" factor of gaming, and make it just awesome. Nothing made for the GA because most know they for the majority will not be getting them. Later on you go for the GA and that's when you go with more funny commercials ect.

Also the box I want it to be like the PS and PS2's. The PS2 had such an elegant yet awesome box. No giant pictures of the PlayStation on it (like the PS3). It was just blue. With "PS2" in silver lettering. That was it. Something about it made it that much more enticing. Save the other boxes for years down the road when it is more mainstream. They need to do it as they did before, evolve the marketing. Start out aiming first at the seeds, the early adopters then change your marketing. Sadly that is marketing 101.

I hope they do PS2 style again with this.
Wow I've never seen that ad, awesome! I agree about returning to the awesome ads and the box for the console. While I had more interest in the Original Xbox and Gamecube(yes I know, its weird because of how much I loved the PS1 too) the boxart for the PS2 was just sleek and mysterious. It was intriguing because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I wouldn't mind a controller with a headphone jack since one of the issues I frequently come across is having to lower my TV all the way late at night so that I don't wake up people.

And doesn't the Wiimote have sound come out of it?
Yeah I'm at college on the weekdays and occasionally weekends and use my computer monitor with my PS3 and can plug headphones in to have sound and not disturb my roommate. I don't want to have a ridiculously expensive Turtle Beach headset to get sound through a headset/headphones. A headphone jack on the controllers that could play the sound from the screen would be sweet!

The Wiimote does have sound.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #145
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lťo Ho Tep View Post
I'm really not sure they will keep online gaming free on the ps4. On the other hand, some people bought a ps3 instead of a xbox360 thanks to the free online gaming, so who knows?
They'll keep the basic free. It's a perfect competitive aspect for them compared to Xbox. Giving players the option to have free online play or paying for Plus for those who want more is awesome. They'd be fools to get rid if that.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #146
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Microsoft would be a fool to not get rid of mandatory Live to play online.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #147
Havok83
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=SpideyVille;25199397

And doesn't the Wiimote have sound come out of it?[/QUOTE]
its absolutely dreadful though

Old 02-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #148
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
Microsoft would be a fool to not get rid of mandatory Live to play online.
I'd take Plus anyday though. I love it. I'd like to play Xbox Live again...but not enough I'm willing to give up Plus. As much as I want to get back into Halo 4.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:44 AM   #149
Marvolo
Side-Kick

delete

Last edited by Marvolo; 02-16-2013 at 02:49 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:24 AM   #150
LuisTX85
Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalinferno View Post
Me too,I think it's cool But I'm guessing the"Blocking Used Games"rumors will turn out true,Sony could use this technology to counter some backlash from the used games ban and do special % off/deals&offers for their streamed games and especially the non-AAA titles.