Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
45?

Hahah Godfrey you Bad man

Old 04-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #402
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 8

I think it's good that Amy Adams is playing Lois. She's a good actor. I just only wish she had brown hair. I don't care about her age, it's just she looks super hot in those recent film pictures, the one she's working on now. I know Snyder just didn't ask her, but in my opinion she looks better with that hair color, so I think it would have been better for Lois.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #403
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
I think it's good that Amy Adams is playing Lois. She's a good actor. I just only wish she had brown hair. I don't care about her age, it's just she looks super hot in those recent film pictures, the one she's working on now. I know Snyder just didn't ask her, but in my opinion she looks better with that hair color, so I think it would have been better for Lois.
The movie's filter makes her hair look darker, so in the end she may appear to be a light brunette Lois.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #404
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

I wonder what was going through Cavill's mind when he had to kiss someone 9 years older lol.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #405
LegendaryCaleb
Ozymandias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
I wonder what was going through Cavill's mind when he had to kiss someone 9 years older lol.
I highly doubt the age thing even crossed his mind........

Old 04-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #406
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Amy looks good in her recent movie with Christian Bale, I only hope she can have darker hair in the sequel.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #407
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 04-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #408
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

^wow.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #409
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Harmon View Post
Lois being in her early to mid 30s, and then naturally going on from there, is fine. But starting out the series with a Lois who'll be 40 in just over a year doesn't make much sense to me.
Since the concept of "acting"' seems to be lost on you I have to assume that you also have a problem with Andrew Garfield playing Spider-Man.

Garfield is 30 years old but he's doing this thing called "acting" and pretending to be 17 years old. Emma Stone is 24 and she is also "pretending" to be 17 years old. Do you have a problem with that?

Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark over the age of 40. So I have to assume based on your comments that you also felt as though he was "too old" to start a film franchise at that age.

Then I come to the Wolverine franchise. Hugh Jackman is making origin movies now for Wolverine as a 40-something. So I have to assume that you think this was very poor casting and that he should have been recast.

Michael Fassbender is 36 years old now and he's still supposed to be playing Magneto as a "younger" character just starting out. So again, I'm going to have to assume that you had problems with this casting.

Same with Jeremy Renner. He was introduced in Avengers as a 42 year old guy opposite Scarlett Johansson who is in her 20's. So I'm going to have to assume that you really think they cast a guy who was too cold for Hawkeye for his first outing. Same with The Hulk.

And you know...it's beyond offensive that people hold up 40 as if it's this cut-off or something for women.

It's intensely problematic that you have this issue with Lois starting out a franchise being older than 35. Give me ONE good reason why Lois Lane, as a character, cannot be in her late 30's and even GASP....40 in the franchise. Newsflash....women in their 40's are still gorgeous and sexy and worthy of attention and love. 40 is not some kind of signal that all of a sudden you are "too old" to be the love interest or the leading woman in a franchise like this.

What's even creepier is that you seem to sit there analyzing pictures of Amy Adams' face as if you are searching for signs of age or wrinkles.

I mean...I have to assume that you also look at Robert Downey Jr's face and look for every bit of age on his face. Cavill has plenty of wrinkles on his face when you look at his skin up close. But I guess you also spend plenty of time picking apart his flaws.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #410
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Is this sarcasm? Seriously. I'm asking. Was this meant as a sarcastic post? I can't believe this was actually a serious question if it wasn't.

Look people, I know this may seem crazy to some of you depending on your age but once you hit your early 30's....age really does just become a number. The age gap starts to close.

I'm 30 years old. I have WAY more in common right now with a 40 year old than a 20 year old and even a 25 year old in some respects. The age gap starts to close. You don't notice people's ages anymore because it just doesn't matter.

This idea of age and age gaps seems very important when you are young and then you hit 30 and you don't even notice it or care anymore. Age becomes just a number. You can meet someone 50 years old and have tons in common with them just as you can look at someone 21 and realize that you are worlds away from their lifestyle now. This becomes even more true once you get married and have children. The age gap closes. You look at people in their early to mid 20's who are still going out and partying all the time or just appear to be "trying too hard" in so many respects and you just feel like you have nothing in common with them. Then you meet people in their 40's and you realize that you actually have alot more to say to them then you do to the young 20-something. This is real life. And it's great! It's not a bad or scary thing!

To some of you, age 35 or age 40 seems very "old." To me, it seems like something that I can see in the near future and the very idea that I would be considered "too old" or treated like I was less valuable while men get to keep living on with their sex appeal is just a really crappy thing. It also just reminds me that age is relative because 35 still feels pretty young to me. 40 seems young to me. I consider these people my peers now. They don't feel older than me and I don't meet people in their late 30's and sit there looking for signs of age on their face.

I can pretty much guarantee you that 30 year old Henry Cavill does not view young 20-somethings as his peers anymore. I can pretty much guarantee you that he may actually relate more now to men and women who are well into their 30's and beyond. Because THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS as you age. Age becomes nothing.

Henry Cavill is notorious for liking older women. He was quoted YEARS ago as saying that he "quite liked older women." He was in a relationship with Jillian Michaels for years. She's 39 years old. His romantic partner on The Tudors was a woman 13 years older than him when he was a young 20-something. He didn't care. THey had amazing chemistry. He made a film as a young 20-something with a love interest who was 20 years older. He's always been a very mature actor who played very well against women who were a bit older. It's kind of his thing.

Most women in Hollywood act opposite men who are 10-15 years older than them ALL THE TIME. No one asks those women how it "felt" to kiss an older man.

When Amy was cast and Henry was asked about the age difference between them his exact answer was, "What an odd thing to be concerned about." He thought the focus on Amy's age by fans was totally ridiculous. Because Cavill isn't a moron. He dated a woman for years who was older than he was and CLEARLY did not care.

Seriously, guys. Age is just a number. The age gap closes as you get older. It doesn't matter. Those of you are still in your early 20's.....you can't see it yet. But it will happen to you too. It happens to everyone. It's just a number and it means nothing. My suggestion to anyone who doesn't understand this is to do some serious thinking about what is important in life. You are not defined by your age so stop trying to define Amy by hers.

Last edited by Audrey; 04-06-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #411
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
I know, right??? It must've been like having to kiss your GRANDMOTHER!!!

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #412
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 04-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #413
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I'm sorry, I just have zero tolerance for these dumb little comments about the age difference.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #414
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Yeah same here, I usually just ignore those types of comments..or make fun of them.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #415
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Age shouldn't really be an issue. The looks are what it is important. As long as Lois can look young and around the same age as Clark in the movie (and from what we've seen, she does), it shouldn't be a problem.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #416
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

It makes sense as far as I'm concerned that Lois would be older than Kent. In just about every incarnation of the story, she's been at the Daily Planet for a pretty substantial amount of time before Clark arrives. Why shouldn't she be somewhat older?

Either way, Adams looks younger than she is and Cavill looks older than he is, so the age gap doesn't look that wide.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #417
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
Is this sarcasm? Seriously. I'm asking. Was this meant as a sarcastic post? I can't believe this was actually a serious question if it wasn't.

Look people, I know this may seem crazy to some of you depending on your age but once you hit your early 30's....age really does just become a number. The age gap starts to close.

I'm 30 years old. I have WAY more in common right now with a 40 year old than a 20 year old and even a 25 year old in some respects. The age gap starts to close. You don't notice people's ages anymore because it just doesn't matter.

This idea of age and age gaps seems very important when you are young and then you hit 30 and you don't even notice it or care anymore. Age becomes just a number. You can meet someone 50 years old and have tons in common with them just as you can look at someone 21 and realize that you are worlds away from their lifestyle now. This becomes even more true once you get married and have children. The age gap closes. You look at people in their early to mid 20's who are still going out and partying all the time or just appear to be "trying too hard" in so many respects and you just feel like you have nothing in common with them. Then you meet people in their 40's and you realize that you actually have alot more to say to them then you do to the young 20-something. This is real life. And it's great! It's not a bad or scary thing!

To some of you, age 35 or age 40 seems very "old." To me, it seems like something that I can see in the near future and the very idea that I would be considered "too old" or treated like I was less valuable while men get to keep living on with their sex appeal is just a really crappy thing. It also just reminds me that age is relative because 35 still feels pretty young to me. 40 seems young to me. I consider these people my peers now. They don't feel older than me and I don't meet people in their late 30's and sit there looking for signs of age on their face.

I can pretty much guarantee you that 30 year old Henry Cavill does not view young 20-somethings as his peers anymore. I can pretty much guarantee you that he may actually relate more now to men and women who are well into their 30's and beyond. Because THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS as you age. Age becomes nothing.

Henry Cavill is notorious for liking older women. He was quoted YEARS ago as saying that he "quite liked older women." He was in a relationship with Jillian Michaels for years. She's 39 years old. His romantic partner on The Tudors was a woman 13 years older than him when he was a young 20-something. He didn't care. THey had amazing chemistry. He made a film as a young 20-something with a love interest who was 20 years older. He's always been a very mature actor who played very well against women who were a bit older. It's kind of his thing.

Most women in Hollywood act opposite men who are 10-15 years older than them ALL THE TIME. No one asks those women how it "felt" to kiss an older man.

When Amy was cast and Henry was asked about the age difference between them his exact answer was, "What an odd thing to be concerned about." He thought the focus on Amy's age by fans was totally ridiculous. Because Cavill isn't a moron. He dated a woman for years who was older than he was and CLEARLY did not care.

Seriously, guys. Age is just a number. The age gap closes as you get older. It doesn't matter. Those of you are still in your early 20's.....you can't see it yet. But it will happen to you too. It happens to everyone. It's just a number and it means nothing. My suggestion to anyone who doesn't understand this is to do some serious thinking about what is important in life. You are not defined by your age so stop trying to define Amy by hers.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #418
mohoo
Side-Kick

I didn't know people have problem with age difference, especially if the difference is as low as 9 years.

Cooper was 16 years older than Lawrence in Silver Lining, I didn't hear any complains.

Anyway, if you had no problem with Amy until you checked her birth date, then you have a problem with the number not the actor.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #419
Project862006
Banned User

^it's called a double standard

Old 04-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #420
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

A ridiculous one, at that. "Ohhh, the man must be older and the woman must be younger! It is the LAW!" What the **** is that?

Old 04-07-2013, 03:23 AM   #421
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

And again, I'm a strong supporter of the idea of Lois being older than Clark. And I'm a strong supporter of the casting of Amy Adams, because I'd much rather have an actress who can act, than have a pretty young girl who's can't and is just obnoxious on screen. Amy is a 4 time Oscar nominee, after all. Besides, I think her age is actually a positive factor in the whole thing. I'd pick her for Lois any day of the week if I had to choose between her and the other actresses who were considered.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #422
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Something probably far more mature than what you would be thinking....me thinks....

Old 04-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #423
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:

Ok I'm gonna try to remain calm since you said this was a joke. I hope it really was a joke

Anyway...

Amy is a beautiful beautiful and talented actress. I'm really excited to see her on the role, Lois Lane is probably my favorite comic character. I wasn't expecting a romantic development for Superman/Lois in a first movie but woah, the comic con kiss scene looked so hot

And then there are pics showing Lois on the hunt for Clark Kent, and it makes everything more intriuging, I just can't wait to see how they've developed this relationship, seems a little different than in previous versions.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 04-07-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #424
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

^ Yeah it does look really passionate. Its probably a good luck kiss, but we'll see how the relationship plays out in the movie.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #425
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Hi Andreth,I'm not sure you can show any of the con footage here?

You might as well put the whole thing up if you're risking it lol.

Closed Thread