Meh, I Can Deal With It 7 10.29%
I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #451
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 8

Amy Adams is not some lightweight actress she can play a childlike Disney Princess come to life, a tough as nails woman working in a bar, a Nun and a cunning cold wife of a prophet and a hopeful nieve young mother. If Lois Lane is kinder and warmer that is the work of the writer and director because Amy Adams is one of the finest actresses working today and she can practically play anything.

Stop living in the past and actually view more than one of this talented woman's roles.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #452
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
Haha, Audrey, do not judge me based on the few posts you have seen of mine. If you look at my join date, I have been around a lot longer than you, meaning there is a pretty good chance I have posted comments you haven't seen. I do not believe any of my comments have been sexist. You just so happened to join when I started talking more about her physical appearance. I have spoken many, many times about her role in the movie, not that I have to justify myself to someone I don't know.

When I reffered to 'If she looks hot, her age won't be an issue.' I meant for the portion of people who at present do not accept Amy based on the fact they think her age will show in the sequel. There is nothing wrong with saying 'if she looks hot', would, 'if she looks beautiful' be better for you? Lois in the comics is beautiful and Amy is pretty beautiful, I never said her age was an issue for me in that post, or any other post I've ever written. If you think there is something wrong with wanting an actor to look their best in a role onscreen then you obviously do not understand how movies work at-all. Or even the character of Lois either.

Why do you think Lois in Smallville was casted often as the role of the sex symbol in Smallville if this is an unexistant part of the comic book Lois?

And anyway, I have spoken many times about her role in the movie. She will probably be a kinder, wamer version of Lois and be less mean and snipey. I personally like an edgy Lois but I'm sure Amy will have her own take on the character. I'm not sure how I feel about her knowing Clark is Superman when they were teens, in Smallville but whatever, I think it's gonna be a great movie regardless of whatever relationship dynamic they go into.
You've done nothing wrong WarriorDreamer. You have no need to explain yourself

Old 04-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #453
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Haha, Audrey, do not judge me based on the few posts you have seen of mine. If you look at my join date, I have been around a lot longer than you, meaning there is a pretty good chance I have posted comments you haven't seen.
I've been a lurker at Superhero hype for over a year. I'm very familiar with your posts and your overall commentary on this film and on Amy and Lois. VERY familiar.

Quote:
I do not believe any of my comments have been sexist.
Your commentary has been filled with sexism and problematic gender crap for over a year. But it's nice that you don't believe it has been.

Quote:
You just so happened to join when I started talking more about her physical appearance. I have spoken many, many times about her role in the movie, not that I have to justify myself to someone I don't know.
Dude, as I said, I lurked here for over a year. I'm very aware of the kind of comments you have made.

And no, you don't have to justify yourself. So why are you?
Quote:

If you think there is something wrong with wanting an actor to look their best in a role onscreen then you obviously do not understand how movies work at-all. Or even the character of Lois either.
Well, that's a hilarious straw man argument if i've ever heard one.

Also, dude, don't even try me with "knowing" Lois Lane. I've published essays on Lois that have been published on women in comics blogs all over the web. Very few people know as much about Lois Lane as I do. You will never ever beat me whenit comes to knowing the character of Lois Lane. Though you are welcome to try.

Quote:
Why do you think Lois in Smallville was casted often as the role of the sex symbol in Smallville if this is an unexistant part of the comic book Lois?
Again, that's a straw man argument.

First off, I don't think Lois was a "sex symbol" on Smallville anymore than any other character (including Clark Kent, Oliver Queen, Lana Lang or Tess Mercer) was a sex symbol. I think all the women on Smallville were beautiful women and all the men were sexually attractive.

Second, I actually think the narrative on Smallville made it pretty damn clear if you were paying attention that Lois's sexuality came from within. Lana Lang was the character who was more well known for her beauty and fetishized for her beauty. Lois was known for her strong will and it was her strong will that drew Clark to her.

Third, I never said that Lois wasn't sexy. The character is incredibly sexy and has been since her inception in the 30's. But she's not sexy in the stereotypical male gaze definition of sexy. That's never been the point of her. She's not the supermodel. She's not the perfect beauty like Lana Lang. Her sexiness comes, in part, from her self-confidence and inner power.

Quote:
And anyway, I have spoken many times about her role in the movie. She will probably be a kinder, wamer version of Lois and be less mean and snipey.
Lois Lane is kind and warm in addition to being strong. Erica Durance played Lois as very kind and warm even in the early seasons despite her strength.

Either way, you are getting this from....what? Because Amy Adams is a nice person? Because newsflash, Erica Durance is the sweetest woman alive. She's soft spoken and shy. You have nothing to base this on except a stereotype that doesn't even consider Adams' body of work.

Quote:
I personally like an edgy Lois but I'm sure Amy will have her own take on the character.
And you know that Amy won't play Lois as "edgy" how? Where is your source?

Old 04-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #454
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
You've done nothing wrong WarriorDreamer. You have no need to explain yourself
I take issue with many of his posts. I'm challenging him on his posts.

This is a forum. No one has to explain themselves but if you put something out there on a forum people are allowed to challenge it.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #455
Andreth
Side-Kick

I wish the posts about sexism, Amy's age and hair color would be forever absent from every MoS related discussion.

Anyway, let's get back on track...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Eager reporter gets too close to the action. Gets caught up. Clark saves Her from the danger. .I see that being possible.

Also it makes them connect with good reason.
It'd be great to see Lois chase him down pondering whether to expose him or not. But she doesn't get the chance to find out because Clark becomrs Superman...but she wouldn't of for saving her.
Yeah, makes sense. I'm also with you on that thought that the "My father believed that if the world found out who I really was..." line is said to Lois.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 04-08-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #456
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm actually wondering if Lois ends up encountering Clark at the bar that we saw Amy filming at for "MOS" since I remember seeing Cavil wearing a apron as well for one of the shoots, I'm assuming it's just another odd job that Clark takes during his wandering years, and well Amy did say that Lois does find herself getting into trouble.

It'd be a funny scenario imho to see Clark having to witness Lois getting into trouble at the bar when she's asking questions and thus getting ready to step in only to see Lois is more than capable of holding her own against any guys that try to intimidate and threaten her there, thus establishing that she's no damsel in distress.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #457
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm actually wondering if Lois ends up encountering Clark at the bar that we saw Amy filming at for "MOS" since I remember seeing Cavil wearing a apron as well for one of the shoots, I'm assuming it's just another odd job that Clark takes during his wandering years, and well Amy did say that Lois does find herself getting into trouble.

It'd be a funny scenario imho to see Clark having to witness Lois getting into trouble at the bar when she's asking questions and thus getting ready to step in only to see Lois is more than capable of holding her own against any guys that try to intimidate and threaten her there, thus establishing that she's no damsel in distress.
And wasn't there a spoiler or a casting call for a man in a bar/restaurant who causes trouble and is very rude? There's also a "man in bar" on the imdb movie profile list of the cast

But I think that speculating about Lois being there is too much, she'd have to see Clark and her chase would be over, I think only Clark will be the one who gets in trouble, maybe this is a wink to the Superman II dinner scene with the bully, but just with Clark.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 04-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #458
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Do you think she will be attracted to Clark from the start?

Old 04-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #459
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
I've been a lurker at Superhero hype for over a year. I'm very familiar with your posts and your overall commentary on this film and on Amy and Lois. VERY familiar.

Your commentary has been filled with sexism and problematic gender crap for over a year. But it's nice that you don't believe it has been.

Dude, as I said, I lurked here for over a year. I'm very aware of the kind of comments you have made.
I'm gonna have to stick up for WarriorDreamer here. I'm female and i've never found a single one of his posts sexist

Quote:

That'd be so cool

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #460
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
And wasn't there a spoiler or a casting call for a man in a bar/restaurant who causes trouble and is very rude? There's also a "man in bar" on the imdb movie profile list of the cast

But I think that speculating about Lois being there is too much, she'd have to see Clark and her chase would be over, I think only Clark will be the one who gets in trouble, maybe this is a wink to the Superman II dinner scene with the bully, but just with Clark.
Perhaps, but Clark could very well make a "super exit" before Lois gets a chance to talk with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Given that they're not going down a "Donner Route", I think that it's possible that there might be some underlying attraction between both of them upon meeting each other for the first time but I don't see it being a "OMG, I'm in love with this person after meeting them for the first time" kind of scenario.lol

Old 04-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #461
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles

Quote:
I don't think it will be physical attraction...not really. Probably combined with a curiosity about the man who saved people and possibly herself, with powers...and the fact he's not taken credit for it.

Think of it like Winona Ryder in Edward Scissorhands

Old 04-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #462
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

If not attraction at first sight, do you think they will love each other at the end?(or be really attracted to each other.)

Old 04-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #463
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
If not attraction at first sight, do you think they will love each other at the end?(or be really attracted to each other.)

Well, you've seen the kiss
looks passionate enough

But I seriously doubt and HOPE they don't go with the love at first sight route, no way that's happening, I agree with the previous comments, first there will be a curiosity, then maybe mutual admiration and respect given that they both share the same morals and values and Superman seems to confide in her if the line "My father believed... what do YOU think?" is for her, and if an underlying attraction has been established at some point during all this then evetyhing will lead to romantic feelings and that kiss.

TRUEBLOOD
Old 04-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #464
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Well Amy's Quote from the German Magazine that covered MOS said that Lois supports Superman with her love and a laser gun..apparently.lol and Snyder did mention in a very early interview that one of the traits that he was looking for in a actress to play Lois was the ability to convince the audience on why Clark would be in love with Lois in this film.

So it's not so much of a farfetched theory anymore that these two could have some intense feelings for each other by the end of the film.

It's just a matter of execution and how believable it comes off within the writing since there's so much going on in this film as well.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #465
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I don't mind it being love at first sight for Clark, as long as it's not 'wow, she's so beautiful, i'm in love'.

I think one of the reasons i've always loved their story is that he loves her because of the things she DOES and SAYS. So I like the idea of him seeing her in the bar or somewhere else, just being her usual tenacious self, and just watching with admiration.

I also always liked the bit in Birthright where he's just so amazed that she isn't freaked out by him like most people are. It will work so well in this context too

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #466
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I don't mind it being love at first sight for Clark, as long as it's not 'wow, she's so beautiful, i'm in love'.

I think one of the reasons i've always loved their story is that he loves her because of the things she DOES and SAYS. So I like the idea of him seeing her in the bar or somewhere else, just being her usual tenacious self, and just watching with admiration.

I also always liked the bit in Birthright where he's just so amazed that she isn't freaked out by him like most people are. It will work so well in this context too
Well that and it's nice to know that we'll be a getting a kiss in a theatrical live action Superman film where:

1. Both members are conscious for the kiss
2. No one loses their memory after the kiss

lol

Old 04-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #467
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Well that and it's nice to know that we'll be a getting a kiss in a theatrical live action Superman film where:

1. Both members are conscious for the kiss
2. No one loses their memory after the kiss

lol
Or thats what you think.....

Old 04-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #468
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

*\S/T*
Old 04-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #469
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Well, you've seen the kiss
looks passionate enough
I hope it's earned, though. Quite often it's seen as a requirement, like in Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes, when Mark Wahlberg kisses the human slave girl simply because she's the one hot girl in the cast, even though they'd said like 3 things to each other in the whole movie.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 04-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #470
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
I hope it's earned, though. Quite often it's seen as a requirement, like in Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes, when Mark Wahlberg kisses the human slave girl simply because she's the one hot girl in the cast, even though they'd said like 3 things to each other in the whole movie.
THIS!

Quote:
Or thats what you think.....
don't jinx it !!! <<bites nails>>

TRUEBLOOD
Old 04-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #471
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Thanks hopefuldreamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
Fair enough. I wouldn't really be too fussed to follow someone's posts if I believed they were sexist.

Quote:
Also, dude, don't even try me with "knowing" Lois Lane. I've published essays on Lois that have been published on women in comics blogs all over the web. Very few people know as much about Lois Lane as I do. You will never ever beat me whenit comes to knowing the character of Lois Lane. Though you are welcome to try.
I am sure we both know a lot about Lois and Superman. But obviously have different takes on it. You want to challenge my posts? Fair enough. I am not one to stick around to argue all the time what is and what isn't sexist. You know what is sexist? Discriminating against an entire gender. If you've been lurking my posts for over a year you'd also know I talk about Clark and Lois and there relationship a heck of lot. I also talk about their look in the movie and see nothing wrong with that. You don't want to talk about their look? Too bad, it's a comic book movie and that comes up among fans.

Quote:
Second, I actually think the narrative on Smallville made it pretty damn clear if you were paying attention that Lois's sexuality came from within. Lana Lang was the character who was more well known for her beauty and fetishized for her beauty. Lois was known for her strong will and it was her strong will that drew Clark to her.

Third, I never said that Lois wasn't sexy. The character is incredibly sexy and has been since her inception in the 30's. But she's not sexy in the stereotypical male gaze definition of sexy. That's never been the point of her. She's not the supermodel. She's not the perfect beauty like Lana Lang. Her sexiness comes, in part, from her self-confidence and inner power.

Either way, you are getting this from....what? Because Amy Adams is a nice person? Because newsflash, Erica Durance is the sweetest woman alive. She's soft spoken and shy. You have nothing to base this on except a stereotype that doesn't even consider Adams' body of work.

And you know that Amy won't play Lois as "edgy" how? Where is your source?
Yes. No-one knows what Lois will be like in the movie. Lets hope she is confident and sharp like Lois always is. I was just considering what Amy Aadams might bring to the role that is new and fresh. I meant that Amy has a natural warmth and if she is privy to Clark being Superman she could be playing a sympathetic Lois, as apposed to the normal, ignoring Clark while in love with Superman.

As far as their romance I hope it isn't going to be as strong as focused on as in the other interpretations. I think if they tried to re-do the classic romance it would seem very similar to the Reeve/ Kidder relationship which could be hard to top. I think they will have them be friends at the Planet but I wonder if Lois will be a confidant to Clark, like Lana normally was in the comics rather than playing out the love triangle.

Last edited by WarriorDreamer; 04-08-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #472
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Old 04-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #473
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

OMG, "difference of opinion" ON THE SUPERHEROHYPE BOARDS, RIGHT HERE.....

How cool is that.....

We having fun yet?

Old 04-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #474
Asr
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
As far as their romance I hope it isn't going to be as strong as focused on as in the other interpretations. I think if they tried to re-do the classic romance it would seem very similar to the Reeve/ Kidder relationship which could be hard to top. I think they will have them be friends at the Planet but I wonder if Lois will be a confidant to Clark, like Lana normally was in the comics rather than playing out the love triangle.
I'd prefer them being friends too, or friends/rivals, like in L&C, Smallville, & STAS. Personally I'd really like to see the reporter rivalry finally play out on a big-screen version of Superman. STAS did that aspect really well IMO, would like to see something similar in MOS. IMO, Lois and Clark need that rivalry banter to keep their relationship interesting to watch. That was yet another flaw in SR, with Lois & Clark barely interacting at all in that movie. I don't think Clark should be completely invisible to Lois, he needs to get her respect & admiration too IMO, so she sees him as something more than just a co-worker that she can push around.

I really hope Snyder worked that angle into MOS or I'll be disappointed. Would it be too much to ask for a Superman movie where Clark is finally portrayed as a serious, competent reporter? Even in L&C and Smallville, Clark was never really portrayed as someone who was driven to get a story. Only the STAS version really did that, which was one of the things I liked most about it.

Last edited by Asr; 04-08-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #475
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles

I doubt we'll see much of that in this movie. If they know each other briefly before she starts her search after he leaves Smallville, then perhaps.

Closed Thread