Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #126
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Oh, if only I could see the looks of the naysayers who said that Amy wasn't attractive enough for the role or didn't look the part.lol
Indeed. There was never any concern from my end.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #127
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Finally we get a pic of Sups & Lois
Lois standing front protecting the young superman. Every successful woman has a superman standing behind.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #128
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
While the quality of the picture is pretty low, it's nice to have some type of confirmation perhaps that Lois being in Alaska has something to do with her looking for Clark (or rather the person responsible for his exploits as far as she's aware of) since it appears to be a picture of him that she's carrying:
I'm guessing she gets 'on his trail' while in Smallville around the time of the tornado, and follows him to Alaska. Man, she is good!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #129
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I'm guessing she gets 'on his trail' while in Smallville around the time of the tornado, and follows him to Alaska. Man, she is good!
Plus, this is a great way of changing up the status quo that most mediums have presented Lois only having met or gone on Clark's trail when he debuted as Superman in Metropolis.

I'm hoping that this may add possible and further credence to the belief that she might learn his secret in this film.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #130
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I'm pretty sure she does. I've made my peace with it anyway.

I am still holding my belief that the scene where he puts the glasses on in the elevator (that we believe follows him cycling around metropolis with no glasses) is BEFORE Superman makes his debut. Because I just don't think he'd be riding around Metropolis with no disguise after the whole world has seen his face in the suit.

But I have no idea whether he and Lois meet before that. Or whether she suggests he work there in the first place. Or whether he goes there on his own and she figures him out despite the glasses. Or whether they fool her for a bit, and she figures it out later...

I really really wish I could have just this one spoiler to figure it all out

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #131
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I'm pretty sure she does. I've made my peace with it anyway.

I am still holding my belief that the scene where he puts the glasses on in the elevator (that we believe follows him cycling around metropolis with no glasses) is BEFORE Superman makes his debut. Because I just don't think he'd be riding around Metropolis with no disguise after the whole world has seen his face in the suit.

But I have no idea whether he and Lois meet before that. Or whether she suggests he work there in the first place. Or whether he goes there on his own and she figures him out despite the glasses. Or whether they fool her for a bit, and she figures it out later...

I really really wish I could have just this one spoiler to figure it all out
lol; well here's to hoping for both of are viewing pleasures that they don't pull a Thor on Superman and Lois when it comes to having them developing feelings within an unrealistic pace and time frame.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #132
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Hmm. The chronology is confusing. I'm thinking the oil rig fire brings Clark out of hiding for her and she is tracking him down, perhaps showing the photo asking for people to identify the man/ask if they've seen him. She does find Clark and convinces him that he doesn't have to hide and offers him a position at the DP. Perhaps Clark had perhaps already found his Scout ship/Fortress (notice he just has a stubble in this scene, as opposed to the fuller beard on the oil rig) and had rejected Jor-Els 'destiny' (boo) because Jonathan Kent basically told him the opposite: not to meddle with human nature and progression, but Lois changes his mind (the 'my father believed that if the world ever...' is surely being told from Clark to Lois). So he goes to the Fortress again. This time emerging as Superman. He flies to Smallville where he embraces Martha Kent. Following that we get the introduction to Metropolis as he bikes through the city streets to the DP, where we meet Perry White and Jenny Olsen :P. So I wonder what the first big Superman outing to the world will be then? The Met subway scene? Vs Zod in Smallville?

I'm actually pretty happy with that order of events. I'd almost put bets on it.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #133
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Hmm. The chronology is confusing. I'm thinking the oil rig fire brings Clark out of hiding for her and she is tracking him down, perhaps showing the photo asking for people to identify the man/ask if they've seen him. She does find Clark and convinces him that he doesn't have to hide and offers him a position at the DP. Perhaps Clark had perhaps already found his Scout ship/Fortress (notice he just has a stubble in this scene, as opposed to the fuller beard on the oil rig) and had rejected Jor-Els 'destiny' (boo) because Jonathan Kent basically told him the opposite: not to meddle with human nature and progression, but Lois changes his mind (the 'my father believed that if the world ever...' is surely being told from Clark to Lois). So he goes to the Fortress again. This time emerging as Superman. He flies to Smallville where he embraces Martha Kent. Following that we get the introduction to Metropolis as he bikes through the city streets to the DP, where we meet Perry White and Jenny Olsen :P. So I wonder what the first big Superman outing to the world will be then? The Met subway scene? Vs Zod in Smallville?

I'm actually pretty happy

Which would then lead to the bigger question, how did she get that photo of Clark and what makes her think that Clark is the person responsible for the exploits that she possibly hears about to begin with?lol

Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #134
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Which would then lead to the bigger question, how did she get that photo of Clark and what makes her think that Clark is the person responsible for the exploits that she possibly hears about to begin with?lol
My guess. Well we know Amy was onset in Illinois. And we saw in the comic-con trailer that she appears to be facing the tornado with all the wind. I think Clark must save her during this scene. And she must manage to capture a photo of him too or find one with him she identifies.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #135
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
My guess. Well we know Amy was onset in Illinois. And we saw in the comic-con trailer that she appears to be facing the tornado with all the wind. I think Clark must save her during this scene. And she must manage to capture a photo of him too or find one with him she identifies.
To be honest, I think that clip of her in the Comic Con trailer that you just mentioned takes place in the Black Zero ship. I looked at the clip closely and it really does appear as though Faora is standing behind her (at her left) since the armor vest that Faora wears is visible.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #136
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
To be honest, I think that clip of her in the Comic Con trailer that you just mentioned takes place in the Black Zero ship. I looked at the clip closely and it really does appear as though Faora is standing behind her (at her left) since the armor vest that Faora wears is visible.
Wow you might be right. I never noticed that. The CC footage is so blurry I guess since that shot follows Clark looking at the tornado I always just associated the two.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #137
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Lois standing front protecting the young superman. Every successful woman has a superman standing behind.
She should be standing behind him wrapping him up in her cape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 03-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #138
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Well I think that makes it time to watch the CC trailer again

Old 03-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #139
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
lol; well here's to hoping for both of are viewing pleasures that they don't pull a Thor on Superman and Lois when it comes to having them developing feelings within an unrealistic pace and time frame.
TBH, i'm making my peace with that too.

Quote:

Reminds me of this old description I knocked up for a teaser trailer:

Quote:
Personally I'd love a teaser starting with Lois Lane interviewing one of the oil rig workers in Alaska.

We see them as she asks him to tell her what happened out there, then as the man starts to describe, we get flashes of the chaos on board the oil rig as whatever distaster starts to unfold.

Cut back to the interview, with Lois waiting expectantly and the man pausing as though still in shock.

Then have him go on to describe in awe how this man stepped in and single handedly averted it, as we get flashes of the action on board with bearded Superman saving the day.

He finishes with a line like 'It's just not humanly possible,' and then Lois asks something like 'Well what else could he be?'

Cut to a flash of Zod and Jor-el fighting, a flash of Jor-el and Lara holding their baby as the world shakes, a flash of the spaceship leaving Krypton, a flash of the planet exploding etc

Not sure where to go from there, but you get the idea.

*\S/T*
Old 03-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #140
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Hopefully others appreciate this. I recently remembered a Superman comic (80-Page Giant vol 1, #2, June 1999) that had a nice story called "From Krypton with Love," which was a Lois-POV rumination on her and Clark's relationship. Written by Mark Millar, it has this great page that, I think, is a wonderful summation of the "why" of Lois's love for Superman.

Quote:
If I'm honest with myself, I'll admit I wasn't a very nice person before he came along and proved it was possible to be infatuated with something outside of my career. I'd always dated rich, powerful men, but even the best of them seemed more like rivals and all I was really interested in was proving I was smarter than they were, anyway.

Superman never provoked that kind of tomboy behavior. This was my first genuinely adult relationship, based on the altogether alien concept of mutual respect.

You might think a childhood squandered in army bases and a mostly-absent dad might mean I was looking for an all-protecting father-figure, but you couldn't be more wrong. I didn't see a superhero as the patriarchal answer to all my problems, as some feminist authors might suggest...

...I just finally found a man who could keep up with me.
It's really the last line that speaks to me, and, I feel, gets the essence their classic love story. Personally, I'm hoping the writers & Amy feel the same and have approached Lois and her feelings toward Superman in a similar way.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #141
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

^That is freakin awesome.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #142
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Love it

*\S/T*
Old 03-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #143
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I don't like it. The "I finally found a man who can keep up with me" seems a bit haughty and self-centered. Love is about self-giving to each other, not about one person keeping up with the other person.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #144
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I don't like it. The "I finally found a man who can keep up with me" seems a bit haughty and self-centered. Love is about self-giving to each other, not about one person keeping up with the other person.
I'm a bit of a haughty and self-centered chick.

Lets face it even with all of the progress that has been made women are still expected to be kinda subservient to men almost everywhere to varying degress. I would agree with you in theory if the gender thing wasn't so messed up. Women almost always have to push back hard or they risk being undermined.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 03-12-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #145
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

I love that excuse for being insufferable.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #146
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I think you have to read into what she's actually saying.

She'd been dating a bunch of rich and powerful guys - guys who you would assume attempted to flaunt their power and intelligence in order to 'woo' her.

Of course that brought out the fight in her. Of course it made her determined to show them up, prove herself their better.

But Superman came along, and all he did was respect her. He didn't show off, there was no air of arrogance or importance.

Like she said, the idea of mutual respect between a man and a woman had been an alien concept to her.

But she DOES respect him. More than she did any man before he came along.

When she says she 'finally found a man who could keep up with me', what she means is she finally found a man she would allow herself to give that compliment too. Because he earned it.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #147
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Old 03-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #148
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
When she says she 'finally found a man who could keep up with me', what she means is she finally found a man she would allow herself to give that compliment too. Because he earned it.
Still seems self-centered and haughty. He earned it? How did she earn his devotion?

I think at best it is a badly written line that conveys something other than what it should.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #149
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:

What if the oil rig is Clark's first public act of heroism after the tornado, someone snaps a picture of him, and Lois goes to Alaska to find this bearded strongman?

Old 03-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #150
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I always thought haughty and self-centered with a heart of gold beneath was the essence of Lois's character.