Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #151
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Still seems self-centered and haughty. He earned it? How did she earn his devotion?

I think at best it is a badly written line that conveys something other than what it should.
She earned it by being an incredible women... yes, she has negative qualities, and as I said, I recognise she can come across arrogant and selfish, especially in her attitude towards men and her career. But she's not. She cares very deeply about other people. She is committed to her own way of making the world a better place - exposing people's lies so they don't get away with what they do. She is talented, motivated, confident and intelligent, and i've always thought it was easy to see why he'd fall for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I always thought haughty and self-centered with a heart of gold beneath was the essence of Lois's character.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #152
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I always thought haughty and self-centered with a heart of gold beneath was the essence of Lois's character.
I'm not sure I would describe her character that way... maybe the Superman Returns version (which I hated).

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #153
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

This reminds me when Kill Bill Volume 2 came out and people thought they "understood" Superman. Not realizing how completely off the mark Tarantino's monologue was.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #154
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
This reminds me when Kill Bill Volume 2 came out and people thought they "understood" Superman. Not realizing how completely off the mark Tarantino's monologue was.
I'm so glad you mentioned this.
I thought the monologue was cool, and i get what Tarantino was doing with it. But boy, it was way off on the character.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #155
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

Must... have... hi-res version. Dem legs.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #156
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Such a big difference in terms of how they had these couples pose in their respective pictures with each other.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
It looks like a bad Halloween costume.
Actually, if that Returns costume was bought in a halloween store, than it would've been a damn good looking superman costume, for what it is. That's for sure...

In all honesty, the Returns costume wasn't bad. It payed good homage to the Donner films and Reeve's original suit while also updating it... BUT, the funny thing just is. When compared to the suit which has been developed for MOS. Well, than the Returns suit really does look exstremely bad!

Ps. The original Christopher Reeves suit though. THAT looks like something one could buy in the nearest hallowneen store, now at days. Gotta face those facts.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #157
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Must... have... hi-res version. Dem legs.
What are you talking about?! Dem legs her calves are HUGE!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #158
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Not completely. Extra-textually, the classic/Metropolis Clark does function as a kind of commentary/critique of humanity. But Tarantino said/implied that this commentary was conscious on Supermanís part. I donít think thatís true; within the narrative, Iím pretty sure that Supes likes (all aspects of) himself.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #159
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

The shade of "red" in the SR suit makes me shudder.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #160
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
She earned it by being an incredible women... yes, she has negative qualities, and as I said, I recognise she can come across arrogant and selfish, especially in her attitude towards men and her career. But she's not. She cares very deeply about other people. She is committed to her own way of making the world a better place - exposing people's lies so they don't get away with what they do. She is talented, motivated, confident and intelligent, and i've always thought it was easy to see why he'd fall for her.
This is closer to what I view the character as, but it still isn't quite right. The Lois I love doesn't care about her career. She isn't career driven. She has nothing to prove. She instead wants the truth, to expose corruption and lies. She's an idealist, and she wears her beliefs and opinions on her sleeves. Career driven women wouldn't smack talk at Perry or at Lex Luthor - they'd be more tactful and sociable. Lois isn't like that. She tells people how it is and isn't afraid to stand up for what she thinks is right, her own personal safety, career success, and social standing be damned. She's a good reporter and writer not because she's driven to those things as ends in themselves, but because she's driven to uphold truth and justice.

And THAT'S her point of similarity with Superman. Both are genuine. Both stand up for what is right even if the world or the social elite hate them for it. She loves Superman because he's not like the corrupt rich who she has dated. He's dedicated to truth and justice just like she is.

Its not "oh I finally found someone who can keep up with me and my career." Its not "oh I finally found a guy who is actually worthy of me and all my hard work." Its "oh I found a guy who stands up for what he believes in just like I do... someone who will stand with me and who I can stand with as well. Someone genuine."

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #161
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Not completely. Extra-textually, the classic/Metropolis Clark does function as a kind of commentary/critique of humanity. But Tarantino said/implied that this commentary was conscious on Supermanís part. I donít think thatís true; within the narrative, Iím pretty sure that Supes likes (all aspects of) himself.
The commentary completely discounts that both Superman and the Clark Kent that 99.9% of the world is shown are both disguises, while the Clark Kent, the man raised by the Kents, is the real man.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #162
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Old 03-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #163
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Some of you come off so petty. Can't pass up a chance to take a shot at SR. Pathetic really.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #164
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
This is closer to what I view the character as, but it still isn't quite right. The Lois I love doesn't care about her career. She isn't career driven. She has nothing to prove. She instead wants the truth, to expose corruption and lies. She's an idealist, and she wears her beliefs and opinions on her sleeves. Career driven women wouldn't smack talk at Perry or at Lex Luthor - they'd be more tactful and sociable. Lois isn't like that. She tells people how it is and isn't afraid to stand up for what she thinks is right, her own personal safety, career success, and social standing be damned. She's a good reporter and writer not because she's driven to those things as ends in themselves, but because she's driven to uphold truth and justice.

And THAT'S her point of similarity with Superman. Both are genuine. Both stand up for what is right even if the world or the social elite hate them for it. She loves Superman because he's not like the corrupt rich who she has dated. He's dedicated to truth and justice just like she is.

Its not "oh I finally found someone who can keep up with me and my career." Its not "oh I finally found a guy who is actually worthy of me and all my hard work." Its "oh I found a guy who stands up for what he believes in just like I do... someone who will stand with me and who I can stand with as well. Someone genuine."
Sorry, but that's just ridiculous. She's incredibly proud of her work, she cares about her career a great deal, and she does care about her work being recognised. There is nothing wrong with that. I hope Clark is shown to care about his journalistic career in the same sense.

Sure, a more manipulative person might not smack talk the way she does - but that doesn't mean she doesn't care about her career. Just that she isn't willing to jeopardise her integrity to further it.

And it doesn't matter how you say it. I actually like the 'I found a guy who stands up for what he believes in like I do'... but it's still just another way of wording what she said in that quote. He can keep up with her. He can keep up with her passion. With her relentlessness. With her committment to her work.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 03-12-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #165
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I don't see how any of that disagrees with what I said...
Oh okay, cool. We're on the same page then.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #166
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Some of you come off so petty. Can't pass up a chance to take a shot at SR. Pathetic really.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #167
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
The commentary completely discounts that both Superman and the Clark Kent that 99.9% of the world is shown are both disguises, while the Clark Kent, the man raised by the Kents, is the real man.
Lets not get into that discussion again.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 03-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #168
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Very accurate depiction of yourself.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #169
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Very accurate depiction of myself.
Fixed that for you. You're on an internet forum. People will post stuff you don't like. You think that's pathetic? Tough luck. Grow a pair.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #170
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
I love that excuse for being insufferable.
And I love some men's excuses for being insufferable. But of course only women can be insufferable.

Moving on because this isn't the time nor place...I love the new promo pics.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #171
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
And I love some men's excuses for being insufferable. But of course only women can be insufferable.

Moving on because this isn't the time nor place...I love the new promo pics.
Men and women both do it. This is no different then any male excuse for being a jerk. I just find there are less attempts to justify that.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #172
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Aw, someone's complaining about complaining again. I love how you think you're superior.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #173
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Men and women both do it. This is no different then any male excuse for being a jerk. I just find there are less attempts to justify that.
You are digging yourself into a deeper hole in my eyes.

Lets drop this before I lose the little faith I have in humanity.

Amy looks damn good, I love the red dress.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #174
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
You are digging yourself into a deeper hole in my eyes.

Lets drop this before I lose the little faith I have in humanity.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #175
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Oh okay, cool. We're on the same page then.
Sorry, I took that back, but obviously not before you replied... see above, as after re reading what you said, I felt like I need to defend Lois' right to care about her career...

*\S/T*
Closed Thread