The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #126
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I doubt they would use that look if they included her in the movie.

If they include her in the movie, I would like to see Lady Gaga or Kesha to play Dazzler.
WHAT????????????????????????????

that was a joke, right?

it was..... right?

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #127
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
WHAT????????????????????????????

that was a joke, right?

it was..... right?
Why would that be a joke, I love Lady Gaga and Kesha.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #128
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
I doubt they would use that look if they included her in the movie.

If they include her in the movie, I would like to see Lady Gaga or Kesha to play Dazzler.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #129
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

For me it depends on how much of a role dazzler would play.... If its a glorified cameo id actually be fine with gaga in the role. But if it were an integral role nope.... Lets get more of a trained actress

spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #130
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
79 and 80 would be pretty accurate.xanadu try'd to market off of the popular roller disco trend and when it came out in 1980 it bombed pretty hard
Gotcha, I was reading up on that stuff not too long ago. Music trends are always fun to read up on, especially how they influence the current generation decades later and all the revivals. INteresting stuff. Wouldnt mind a bit of some music history and trends put in this film. Really dug alot of the 60s choices in FC. Wished there was more actually.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #131
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Also... As much as i love continuity, i wouldn't mind it if jubilee got "emma'd" and was introduced in an 80s x-men film and ignored her appearance in the OT

Old 02-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #132
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Gotcha, I was reading up on that stuff not too long ago. Music trends are always fun to read up on, especially how they influence the current generation decades later and all the revivals. INteresting stuff. Wouldnt mind a bit of some music history and trends put in this film. Really dug alot of the 60s choices in FC. Wished there was more actually.
Me too i was working on a big historical timeline defining each decade for a graphic design project for work so did alot of research and loved finding popculture and art trends and how they were influenced by historical moments and such. (like how finding king tut sprung the birth of art deco )

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 02-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #133
Super Film
Side-Kick

This talk of Gaga or Kesha being included as a Dazzler cameo makes me glad SHHers aren't making the big decisions when it comes to these films.

Then again, Will.i.am was in XMO:Wolverine...

Super Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #134
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
For me it depends on how much of a role dazzler would play.... If its a glorified cameo id actually be fine with gaga in the role. But if it were an integral role nope.... Lets get more of a trained actress
Lady Gaga can act. Just watch her music videos! And she's going to star in Machete Kills. And I don't think Dazzler will get a big role in the movie, if they include her. If they can hire models/wrestlers to act in X-Men movies, why not a big popstar too. I just hope if they cast Gaga as Dazzler, she wouldn't look crazy and over the top.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #135
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

She can act. But she's not an "actor" shes a little over the top and too theatrical whenever she acts. That doesn't carry over into the film world very well unless the part calls for it. Which is why she's fine for a glorified cameo mostly performing. but if she's an actual cast member god help us.... I love her to death but she's not a good choice for a major role in this type of film.

As for ke$ha.... Hell to the no

Old 02-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #136
Super Film
Side-Kick

Considering Gaga's whole shtick is a massive production to achieve, the only reason I could see her being brought on (to any film) is for name and name only--you don't need to hire a pop star to bring any kind of talent to the table. Meaning, an actual actor can do the same job for much less money.

Super Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #137
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
Considering Gaga's whole shtick is a massive production to achieve, the only reason I could see her being brought on (to any film) is for name and name only--you don't need to hire a pop star to bring any kind of talent to the table. Meaning, an actual actor can do the same job for much less money.
Well in gaga's case shed probably do it just to do it. The theme of x-men goes very much in line with her beliefs and her love of her "little monsters" i highly doubt she'd demand a high price to do it

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 02-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #138
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would like to see Lady Gaga or Kesha to play Dazzler.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #139
def28
Side-Kick

I would hope they would grab a younger unknown. Theres tons of other talent out there that hasnt had a break yet. Casting Rock/hiphop/Pop Stars almost always comes with a huge backlash. Not really a fan of that myself. As long as they write good music I have no problem with them lending a hand in the writing of songs though. Depends on the artist and the reason why they were brought on.
Quote:
Me too i was working on a big historical timeline defining each decade for a graphic design project for work so did alot of research and loved finding popculture and art trends and how they were influenced by historical moments and such. (like how finding king tut sprung the birth of art deco )
Crazy, sounds like a good project to work on. Yeah, the origins from the actual music to just the style are all really interesting.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #140
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

I'm sorry, but Lady Gaga in an X-Men film would totally take me out of the movie completely. I can only suspend my disbelief so far. LOL

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #141
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Why would that be a joke, I love Lady Gaga and Kesha.
its cool if you like them, Gaga is talented and all but.....

you have been telling us these latest weeks that "there is no need to this on the franchise" "they dont need to adress this" "they dont need to adress that" "I dont see this" "I dont see that"

but now you are telling us that you would like Lady Gaga or Kesha on the x-men movies???

this is probably the most funny/unexpected comment Ive read on the boards in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG Time, lol

Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #142
psyonic
X-Man

I'd rather not have Lagy Gaga or Ke$ha in an X-Men movie.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #143
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
its cool if you like them, Gaga is talented and all but.....

you have been telling us these latest weeks that "there is no need to this on the franchise" "they dont need to adress this" "they dont need to adress that" "I dont see this" "I dont see that"

but now you are telling us that you would like Lady Gaga or Kesha on the x-men movies???

this is probably the most funny/unexpected comment Ive read on the boards in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG Time, lol
Well Jessica Simpson auditioned for the role of Dazzler and FOX might contact her if they are finally including Dazzler in the movie. But I'm sure the interns of FOX movies visit this message board and I hope they will realize that they don't need to cast Jessica Simpson as Dazzler because there's a popstar out there who has better acting skills.

But to be honest, I didn't really mean it. I doubt Dazzler will ever appear in this movie, not even a cameo.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #144
Angamb
Banned User

as someone mentioned, to cast such a well known singer for a secondary role like the ones Fox introduced on FC, and with possible future characters as Dazzler, Sunfire or Polaris, they shouldnt cast someone as famous, because that right cast would become more of an event itself, rather than letting the audience connect with the new character. The audience would just see that famous person, not the character.

If Kimberg and Singer have decided to use Dazzler as a new team member, to have Lady Gaga acting along side Lucas Till, Caleb, Nicholas and James wouldnt feel right.

it would look like Gaga and the x-men, and Im sure most of xmen fans wouldnt want that feeling for this franchise

Old 02-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #145
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
as someone mentioned, to cast such a well known singer for a secondary role like the ones Fox introduced on FC, and with possible future characters as Dazzler, Sunfire or Polaris, they shouldnt cast someone as famous, because that right cast would become more of an event itself, rather than letting the audience connect with the new character. The audience would just see that famous person, not the character.

If Kimberg and Singer have decided to use Dazzler as a new team member, to have Lady Gaga acting along side Lucas Till, Caleb, Nicholas and James wouldnt feel right.

it would look like Gaga and the x-men, and Im sure most of xmen fans wouldnt want that feeling for this franchise
Lady Gaga would totally outshine the whole cast!

Old 02-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #146
Angamb
Banned User

for Gaga fans, definetly
but the franchise doesnt need her, sorry.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #147
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
for Gaga fans, definetly
but the franchise doesnt need her, sorry.
I already said that I didn't really mean when I said that I would like to see Lady Gaga or Kesha as Dazzler. So you don't have to apologize if you don't want her in the movie.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #148
Angamb
Banned User

ok then

Old 02-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #149
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:

Quote:
But to be honest, I didn't really mean it. I doubt Dazzler will ever appear in this movie, not even a cameo.

Don't cover up your tracks and say you were just kidding now that you've gotten some backlash.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #150
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Lol ill stand by my assessment. Gaga is fine for a minor cameo.but not anything beyond that