The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #301
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

I really hope they just don't explain the suit

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #302
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
I think a nanosuit raises more questions than asking the audience to suspend disbelief about the suit fitting under Clark's clothes.
How?

Quote:
A nanosuit that expands over one's body when needed makes no logical sense as anything but a superhero costume.
That's not true at all. It's a more efficient way of getting dressed in general.

Quote:
I mean what use would Kryptonians have for such a suit?
Um...efficiency?

Quote:
It's not like its bodyarmour that activates when needed. If it was, they would have no need for all the plate armor the wear over the bodysuits.
Unless it's a second layer of protection.

Quote:
Moreover, it's not just a science fiction concession like Dr. is arguing. We are talking about something that conjures up childhood images of the cheesiest, most fantastical children's cartoons and shows like Power Rangers. That is what most people think of when they think of nanosuits that magically spread over heroes' bodies when needed.
What? Says who?

Quote:
Having Clark transform into Superman in such a fashion, no matter the quality of the effect, just doesn't give with the understated, real world aesthetic Snyder and co are going for with this movie.
And wearing that thing under his clothes does? I'm skeptical.

Quote:
The boots and cape can be fudged just like Batman's magical eye makeup or the fact that his memory cloth cape is too small to actually work as a parachute/glider.
Those aren't even in the same league.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #303
sup101
Side-Kick

They will explain the suit.Looking at everything we know so far about MOS, they will.Jor-el wear the suit, Zod and everybody on krypton.The suit will be explain to the audience on krypton.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #304
mohoo
Side-Kick

If they go with the "nano suit", I think it'll go well if they showed people in krypton getting dressed that way before we see superman does it.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #305
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohoo View Post
If they go with the "nano suit", I think it'll go well if they showed people in krypton getting dressed that way before we see superman does it.
That's exactly what I was saying.We know for sure everybody wear that suit on krypton, Atlease all the man.So if it's a nano-tech suit, we will see how it works on krypton first.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #306
fanboiii
disciple of truth

I have a feeling we won't see nanotech suit. It doesn't really mesh with what we've seen so far.

Doesn't look like nanotech.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #307
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
I have a feeling we won't see nanotech suit. It doesn't really mesh with what we've seen so far.

this makes me smile to hear that

Old 02-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #308
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Would you say advanced spaceships mesh with what we've seen so far? Because that's also a part of their culture.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #309
fanboiii
disciple of truth

If they had nanotech, why would there be bulk like extra armor? Their space ships aren't streamlined either. I would think nanotech has a smoother look to it.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #310
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
If they had nanotech, why would there be bulk like extra armor? Their space ships aren't streamlined either. I would think nanotech has a smoother look to it.
i honestly think you're right. maybe these outfits are a type of "armor", but not armor, per-se... i dont know where im going with this

Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #311
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
If they had nanotech, why would there be bulk like extra armor?
For extra protection, I'd imagine.

Quote:
Their space ships aren't streamlined either.
And they don't look like they mesh with that whole medieval thing Jor-El's got going on either.

Quote:
I would think nanotech has a smoother look to it.
EDIT: Isn't the purpose of nanotech to assemble/disassemble things at extraordinarily fast rate? Smoothness has nothing to do with that.

For the record, I'm not yet convinced that nanotech is in the movie.

Last edited by The Boy Scout; 02-17-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #312
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
And they don't look like they mesh with that whole medieval thing Jor-El's got going on either.

Isn't the purpose of nanotech to assemble things at extraordinarily fast rate? Smoothness has nothing to do with that.
The ships match Zod's Medieval armor look.

Nanotech doesn't have to do with speed. It's material at a microscopic, nano level of construction.

Last edited by fanboiii; 02-17-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #313
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
The ships match Zod's Medieval armor look.
I thought we were talking about Jor-El?

Quote:
Nanotech doesn't have to do with speed. It's material at a microscopic, nano level of construction.
Which is usually portrayed as happening very quickly. And it doesn't sound like it has anything to do with smoothness either.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #314
SuperWig
Side-Kick

Quote:

you dont look like nanotech...lol

Old 02-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #315
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Which is usually portrayed as happening very quickly. And it doesn't sound like it has anything to do with smoothness either.
??? It's takes a while to create nano material because the building blocks are tiny, nano size. Because the fibers are tiny, the material is smooth.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #316
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
??? It's takes a while to create nano material because the building blocks are tiny, nano size. Because the fibers are tiny, the material is smooth.
Kryptonians are several thousand years ahead of us when it comes to scientific achievement. It's not a stretch to believe that, once they managed to integrate the technology into their society, that they found a way to expand upon its capabilities and have it produce materials that aren't smooth to the touch if they wanted to.

And wouldn't the smoothness of the material be determined by the material itself? If, hypothetically speaking, the Kryptonian military decided to use nanotechnology to build their armor out of (what we would determine to be) chainmail, wouldn't the material still feel like chainmail? And what about their buildings? If they wanted to build brick houses, wouldn't the material still feel like brick?

All that aside: nanotechnology is still in its infancy in our world. In the world of fiction, they're allowed to cheat a little bit.

For those interested, this this the clip I was talking about earlier.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

That's pretty much how I imagine it forming over his body.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #317
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
They will explain the suit.Looking at everything we know so far about MOS, they will.Jor-el wear the suit, Zod and everybody on krypton.The suit will be explain to the audience on krypton.
I really doubt it.

I mean, there were plenty of people argueing that we wouldn't have glasses in this film for similar reasons. If we can suspend belief enough to have Clark's normal glasses disguise still in tact, we can extend that to accepting the suit fits under his clothes.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #318
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Again: the glasses disguise works as it is because no one suspects Superman of having a secret identity. And even then, it's not just the glasses; it's his voice and mannerisms too.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #319
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I really doubt it.

I mean, there were plenty of people argueing that we wouldn't have glasses in this film for similar reasons. If we can suspend belief enough to have Clark's normal glasses disguise still in tact, we can extend that to accepting the suit fits under his clothes.
I didn't say nothing about the suit fiting under his clothes.I said the scenes on krypton will explain how the suit works and everything if it's a nano-tech suit.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #320
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

I don't think nanotech is a big deal unless it enhances his powers (which I really don't want).

Old 02-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #321
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Are we ever going to get an official picture of clark with glasses?

Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #322
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

I wonder if they have nanocondoms on Krypton?

One size fits all

Looks like it's burgers for tea again..

Old 02-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #323
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
I wonder if they have nanocondoms on Krypton?

One size fits all

Looks like it's burgers for tea again..

go on and beat that dead horse...beat it good

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #324
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Looks like an albino kangaroo to me lol

Old 02-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #325
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Looks like an albino kangaroo to me lol
Have you seen one?

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Closed Thread