The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 01:54 AM   #351
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Your crotch is red, like the red Krypton sun...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #352
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Your crotch is red, like the red Krypton sun...
What if there is a scene where like, he puts on, or is put in a device which looks like 'red pants' that is hooked up to machines and has straps floating about, the device could be metalic in nature, and charges him or his suit - don't ask how, i'm clutching at straws... then, prehaps he breaks free but is still in the device... then we see him with the red pants.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #353
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

What if he's like, "This cape is too damn long", rips off a strip at the bottom, but he doesn't want to throw it away so he wraps it around his loins?

Old 02-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #354
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

It was Mike's manip! I remember now.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #355
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibow View Post
What if there is a scene where like, he puts on, or is put in a device which looks like 'red pants' that is hooked up to machines and has straps floating about, the device could be metalic in nature, and charges him or his suit - don't ask how, i'm clutching at straws... then, prehaps he breaks free but is still in the device... then we see him with the red pants.
That would be messed up..

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #356
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Found it...

Old 02-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #357
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibow View Post
I... I can't... I just... It... But........ Wha-huh?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #358
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

If they had to go back to the classic costume, it should be made by Martha.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #359
sf2
Side-Kick

They don’t have to offer any reason. Batman 1 to 4, the costume were changed in every movie.
As long as it looks good, the movie story is good. Nobody will care but the fans.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #360
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

Batman 1-4? You make it sound like a tetraology. Different directors = different suit. Using Schumacher's reason-less costume changes is an awful example because they're notoriously bad lol

Old 02-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #361
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

I see we're still talking about the red trunks.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #362
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Sort of. We're kicking around, jokingly, ideas on how they can go back to the classic look for a sequel.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #363
Tra-El
Side-Kick

What if Supes is so embarrassed of how his bulge sticks out that he goes to the Fortress to ask Jor-EL and gain advice on how he dealt with this issue on Krypton. Jor-EL vouches that an "EL" is never to be embarassed so he tells Clark to wear undergarments underneath and he'll be fine. Since Clark has never had the need to wear underwear, he goes back to the Kent Farm and sees Ma Kent's red panties on the ground in her room. He decides he wants to stay true to the tradition of Krypton, so he wears Ma's panties underneath the suit. Thing is, the suit is kind of see-through so there's a red tint from the outside of the suite making it look like he has the red trunks on.

Last edited by Tra-El; 02-28-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:11 AM   #364
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

Best idea suggestion by far

Old 02-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #365
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Hmm, that sure is one 'el' of an idea.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #366
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Found it...

Uhh kinda looks like fetish wear with that painted on undies look...if there's one thing worst than fabric briefs it's rubber ones.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #367
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Yeah, that manip is not the best example to use if you want people to convert.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #368
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

if anything, painted on trunks (trunks of the same material) just make the pronounced bulge more noticable

Old 02-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #369
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATS N' HORNETS View Post
if anything, painted on trunks (trunks of the same material) just make the pronounced bulge more noticable
In the new52, there was a scene where, in the fortress Supes has other 'suits' on display.

If his suit is indeed nano tech, there is no reaso why his suit cannot morph into any design he likes - providing the code is there to begin with.

I feel going from this fabric to a more, spandex feel would be a step backwards.

The only way, in my opinion the pants could be introduced (and my earlier idea was a joke, by the way) would be that he has another set of suits in the fortress, where the suit has a lot of red padding or almost garments, prehaps off the shoulder, groin area, prehaps like an almost climbers uniform, like you sit in the pants, with a belt and straps that clip onto the belt over the shoulder, like a harness - remember they couldn't fly in krypton.

So supes costume is battle damaged so he goes back to the fortress and plays around with a few designs.

My personal favourite, is he gains a new suit for the justice league - it's either made for the whole team so slightly uniform, or he wears one for the justice league team

Old 02-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #370
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

So JL uniform element would be outer underwear?

Old 02-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #371
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
So JL uniform element would be outer underwear?
Obviously not no... a whole new suit that would incorporate red around the crotch area in either a garment similar to pants or red piping.

I think leaving it as it is will do me just fine....

Old 03-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #372
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

The classic design is still the best one, over all. I accepted the change and don't have a real problem with it, but I would have been much happier if we got the trunks instead of the alien ornamentation on the legs and torso.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #373
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
The classic design is still the best one, over all. I accepted the change and don't have a real problem with it, but I would have been much happier if we got the trunks instead of the alien ornamentation on the legs and torso.
Yep

Old 03-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #374
craigaat
World's Greatest Spy

The trunks are ridiculous.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #375
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigaat View Post
The trunks are ridiculous.
No, they really aren't.