The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #476
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

The sheen. The metallic sheen. It's all so much. I wonder if Joel Shumacher's people were involved? LOL. I can see it now. They were just about to put nipples on the damn thing until Snyder said... NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!

Old 03-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #477
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Awesome Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Shiny/Rubbery&more New 52 than traditional But I Love it!

Old 03-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #478
nouan
Banned User

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Having a shiny costume is the best thing ever. Makes him look metallic or steely. Since he is Man of Steel. Works great!

Old 03-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #479
fanboiii
disciple of truth

dats kyoot

Old 03-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #480
Tequilla
Side-Kick

I liked it in motion , with proper lighting...but in those stills the suit looks kinda ugly.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #481
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

I believe the muscle sculpt is perfect for any Superman costume.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #482
hulk24
Side-Kick

The abs still drive me nuts they don't look natural. More like rubber abs you get at a Halloween store. It's sad too because Henry has a very Supermanly torso to begin with. The fake anatomy always takes me out of it.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #483
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulk24 View Post
The abs still drive me nuts they don't look natural. More like rubber abs you get at a Halloween store. It's sad too because Henry has a very Supermanly torso to begin with. The fake anatomy always takes me out of it.
So when you're in the theater watching this mind-numbingly AWESOME movie, you're going to be thinking "man those unnatural looking abs are bothering me SO much. I think I might just get up and walk out, because this has just taken me right out of the movie."

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #484
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post

Shiny/Rubbery&more New 52 than traditional But I Love it!
i hope thats the shade of blue we get

Old 03-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #485
hulk24
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
So when you're in the theater watching this mind-numbingly AWESOME movie, you're going to be thinking "man those unnatural looking abs are bothering me SO much. I think I might just get up and walk out, because this has just taken me right out of the movie."
I wouldn't walk out but I'd probably never see it again. I'm a professional makeup fx artist and filmmaker in the real world. When I see bad anatomy it drives me insane. To the regular movie goer it's not a big deal but it's a massive pet peeve of mine.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #486
gkokujin
Side-Kick

are they even standing in the same photo?

LOL it looks like its altered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #487
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulk24 View Post
I wouldn't walk out but I'd probably never see it again. I'm a professional makeup fx artist and filmmaker in the real world. When I see bad anatomy it drives me insane. To the regular movie goer it's not a big deal but it's a massive pet peeve of mine.
So no matter how awesome the movie is, you would never watch it again because his abs look unnatural? Wow.....just wow.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #488
hulk24
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
So no matter how awesome the movie is, you would never watch it again because his abs look unnatural? Wow.....just wow.
Being in the film business I don't enjoy movies the way you guys would. I like seeing new techniques and fx and cinematography. I don't feel the magic of movies anymore as I know how they do everything. It's a blessing and a curse lol

Last edited by hulk24; 03-16-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #489
hulk24
Side-Kick

To me it's like if I made chairs for a living and someone tried to sell a freezer as a chair. I know what chairs look like they come in all shapes and sizes but a freezer is a freezer. I get he's an alien I get its a muscle definition suit. But the anatomy is all wrong and it's an eyesore I love everything about the suit except the falsely scupted anatomy.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #490
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

This is why i imagine it must suck sometimes being a cop or a soldier or a doctor and watching the movies and getting all frustrated at how hollywood is depicting things in your background wrong but only you really know that.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #491
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

I get what the hulk is saying. Im an artist by trade, and have studied human anatomy almost as much as doctors do, so the torso sticks out like a sore thumb, but I don't have the same reaction towards the movie itself, but I do agree that the abs could use a lot of work. Makes me realy want to know what the designer was thinking. I like what they got going with the arms, and the rest is good in theory, but the abs sculpt is wacky and could be more subtle. I'm interested in seeing how it looks in motion though - the shape of the abs seem to change from image to image...it seems as if they made the muscle suit to actually expand/contract with movement as opposed to being static padding like the one Tobey wore in the raimi spidey films. Overall, the suit looks great. Looking forward to the film!

Old 03-16-2013, 12:35 AM   #492
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Back to the costume i think the muscle padding does look a little overdone at least in this shot:

It's sort of starting to make his build un-proportial in some aspects and sort of make's him looked too puffed up. Cavil's natural build for the role actually looks better than this.

Superman should have less a bodybuilder's built and more a heavy weight boxer or MMA fighter a much more practical looking physique.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:47 AM   #493
hulk24
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
This is why i imagine it must suck sometimes being a cop or a soldier or a doctor and watching the movies and getting all frustrated at how hollywood is depicting things in your background wrong but only you really know that.
I'm the same way with military depiction as I am with what I said above.I love act of valor though lol

Old 03-16-2013, 01:26 AM   #494
fanboiii
disciple of truth

The image might have been stretched to fit the magazine pages so it looks a little wider.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:30 AM   #495
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Back to the costume i think the muscle padding does look a little overdone at least in this shot:

It's sort of starting to make his build un-proportial in some aspects and sort of make's him looked too puffed up. Cavil's natural build for the role actually looks better than this.

Superman should have less a bodybuilder's built and more a heavy weight boxer or MMA fighter a much more practical looking physique.
I'm not really sure what you mean by disproportionate. Cavill's physique both in and out of the suit is very proportionate. Sure, the muscle suit brings up his arms a bit, but overall, everything flows well. He doesn't have arms or a chest that overpowers his back or legs like Hemsworth's Thor. He very much looks like the Greek Herculean ideal, which in my opinion is perfect for Superman, since he is very much a modern day Hercules. Furthermore, Wladimir Klitschko, the closest thing to an undisputed Heavyweight Champion in boxing since Mike Tyson is also very similarly proportioned taking into account his great height.

Actually, Klitschko, Tyson, and other exceptions aside, it is boxers and fighters who tend to have the more unbalanced physiques. Like any specialized athlete, their sports involve certain repetitive motions that are not representative of normal activity. Superman should not look like a professional fighter because he isn't one.

Rather, bodybuilders and other physique competitors try to train everything evenly and develop their bodies in proportion. That is why Crossfit types, strongmen competitors, and others who focus on trying to increase all around fitness in general tend to look like smaller versions of bodybuilders. Modern male fitness models look a lot like 1960s/1970s bodybuilders (with better legs).

Old 03-16-2013, 03:02 AM   #496
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

I'm just loving the shield. It's my favorite rendition, regardless of medium.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:19 AM   #497
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post

Hear hear.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:35 AM   #498
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
Agreed.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:47 AM   #499
Glassjaw
In training

Seconded. Okay thirded. As great as other costumes have been, I've never been completely satisfied with the S shield in live action. This one is perfect in every way. I mean just look at it, proudly displayed on his chest. I really hope we get a good dvd/blu ray extra on the designing of the costume.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #500
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Seconded. Okay thirded. As great as other costumes have been, I've never been completely satisfied with the S shield in live action. This one is perfect in every way. I mean just look at it, proudly displayed on his chest. I really hope we get a good dvd/blu ray extra on the designing of the costume.
They said in the Total Film interview that it took a long time to get the suit right,so there should be some really good extras on the making and designing of it. Cant wait to see the extras down the line

Closed Thread