The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #501
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
They said in the Total Film interview that it took a long time to get the suit right,so there should be some really good extras on the making and designing of it. Cant wait to see the extras down the line
One thing that Superman Returns got right was the behind the scenes special features. I can't remember exactly how long it was, but it was over a couple of hours I believe. It also included some of the alternate suits that they thought about using. I'm hoping for the same thing with the MOS Blu Ray.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #502
titansupes
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

^Agree with everything here.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #503
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulk24 View Post
To me it's like if I made chairs for a living and someone tried to sell a freezer as a chair. I know what chairs look like they come in all shapes and sizes but a freezer is a freezer. I get he's an alien I get its a muscle definition suit. But the anatomy is all wrong and it's an eyesore I love everything about the suit except the falsely scupted anatomy.
Undoubtedly, there’s been some exaggeration. E.g., given the apparent thickness of the bodysuit, the amount of muscle definition that’s showing through probably isn’t realistic. But it’s not “all wrong” or an “eyesore.” They didn’t give Cavill an extra set of traps or some such.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #504
titansupes
Side-Kick

I think it looks great in the stills, really great... But yeah, a little too obvious as well. That doesn't bother me at all though, as I'm yet to see it in motion. Snyder's such a big visual guy, and he loves his gym time... I just don't see him allowing a bad bodysuit to get past him, so I'm almost positive it will look great.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #505
hulk24
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Undoubtedly, there’s been some exaggeration. E.g., given the apparent thickness of the bodysuit, the amount of muscle definition that’s showing through probably isn’t realistic. But it’s not “all wrong” or an “eyesore.” They didn’t give Cavill an extra set of traps or some such.
they made his entire abdominal section completely made up. The ridges in the made abs are wrong it makes him look like he has 12 cigars taped to his stomach and his obliques are too thin and wrap around his abs...basically the muscle sculpt they made makes Rob Liefeld look like Da vinci

Old 03-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #506
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

I know some people were making fun of it but in the end it's probably not soo far off from the MOS suit.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #507
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I know some people were making fun of it but in the end it's probably not soo far off from the MOS suit.

LOL:

Old 03-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #508
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
they made his entire abdominal section completely made up. The ridges in the made abs are wrong it makes him look like he has 12 cigars taped to his stomach and his obliques are too thin and wrap around his abs...basically the muscle sculpt they made makes Rob Liefeld look like Da vinci

Funny story, a friend of mine is a professional triathlete and he just posted some pictures of himself in his swimsuit at a race and, to be honest, his abs are showing through the suit in the same un-natural looking way as the ab sculpt on Cavill's Supersuit. I think you are overstating your position. It might just be the reality of the way the fabric clings to whatever is underneath it.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #509
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

I doubt that the fabric of the suit is anywhere near thin enough to allow that much muscle definition to show through.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #510
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
I doubt that the fabric of the suit is anywhere near thin enough to allow that much muscle definition to show through.
No, of course, I was just suggesting that the ab sculpt/padding may not be as inaccurate as was being suggested and that its weirdness could just be because of the way the suit clings to it.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #511
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Muscle padding never works for me. Makes the actor look chubby or like he is wearing a really big sweater. I think Cavill looks great out of the suit, but the padding gives him a different look.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #512
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
What photo are you basing that description on? I’ve seen a few of them and the musculature looks slightly different depending on angle, shadow, reflection, etc.

In any case, what’s your theory behind the “wrong”? That professional Hollywood costume designers were ignorant of basic human anatomy (no internet access or even a photo of Cavill during his gym workouts to serve as a guide)? Or perhaps they thought “artistic license” would look cooler than accuracy?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #513
Kal-E
Side-Kick

At first I was worried when I heard they change the suit. But now seeing it the trailers I am liking what I am seeing.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #514
BruceWanner
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak View Post
LOL:

Is this picture completely real? If so, where is it from and what is the original context?

Last edited by BruceWanner; 03-17-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #515
hulk24
Side-Kick

Quote:
What photo are you basing that description on? I’ve seen a few of them and the musculature looks slightly different depending on angle, shadow, reflection, etc.

In any case, what’s your theory behind the “wrong”? That professional Hollywood costume designers were ignorant of basic human anatomy (no internet access or even a photo of Cavill during his gym workouts to serve as a guide)? Or perhaps they thought “artistic license” would look cooler than accuracy?
every still from the movie not the promotional pics his entire torso is off. if it were a cg comic book movie it would look awesome. I get that's what they were going for but real anatomy looks nothing like the abs and oblique sculpts they did case in point pic 1 is a random model's abs the black line shows where the ridges are the red shows where they shouldn't bend. pic 2 is Cavill's mos abs the white line was a mistake lol the third pic is the suit sculpted abs the red lines are where his body shouldn't be able to ripple pic 4 is cavill's immortals abs and how they always look the red lines are the same as before

Last edited by hulk24; 03-18-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:19 AM   #516
sf2
Side-Kick

It looks like his hair is getting superglue and will hold firmly even in the strong wind.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:34 AM   #517
nouan
Banned User

Quote:
every still from the movie not the promotional pics his entire torso is off. if it were a cg comic book movie it would look awesome. I get that's what they were going for but real anatomy looks nothing like the abs and oblique sculpts they did case in point pic 1 is a random model's abs the black line shows where the ridges are the red shows where they shouldn't bend. pic 2 is Cavill's mos abs the white line was a mistake lol the third pic is the suit sculpted abs the red lines are where his body shouldn't be able to ripple pic 4 is cavill's immortals abs and how they always look the red lines are the same as before
Very nice analysis, lol. But I think you go a bit wrong, which is not your fault tho. Here's how I see it:

I think his padding is just not "bulging" right for whatever reason in that picture. Actually his abbs are very flat if you look at any picture of the suit, when they should be round. But they are still accurate otherwise. This was fun.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:45 AM   #518
nouan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWanner View Post
Is this picture completely real? If so, where is it from and what is the original context?
It's from an 1986 Nicolas Cage movie The Boy in Blue.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #519
SuperWig
Side-Kick

this is weird

Old 03-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #520
nouan
Banned User

Lol, isn't it just?

Old 03-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #521
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Hard to see clearly based on the suit pic you've chosen. The most detailed images of the suit are the “display case” ones (available in the Official Photo/No Discussion thread). Perhaps you could select one of those to demonstrate the wrong anatomy.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=360939&page=5

Old 03-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #522
JOE

The Abs of Steel: New thread title?

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 03-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #523
hulk24
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hard to see clearly based on the suit pic you've chosen. The most detailed images of the suit are the “display case” ones (available in the Official Photo/No Discussion thread). Perhaps you could select one of those to demonstrate the wrong anatomy.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=360939&page=5
I did I used the hq pissed off pic that just came out

Old 03-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #524
hulk24
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouan View Post
Very nice analysis, lol. But I think you go a bit wrong, which is not your fault tho. Here's how I see it:

I think his padding is just not "bulging" right for whatever reason in that picture. Actually his abbs are very flat if you look at any picture of the suit, when they should be round. But they are still accurate otherwise. This was fun.
your shapes are still off they aren't bulging right because abs don't fold in the middle (the red lines) because they sculpted the torso wrong.
Instead of using his real anatomy they made their own and it looks off because it is

Last edited by hulk24; 03-18-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #525
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:
I did I used the hq pissed off pic that just came out
I think what he's saying is that certain images don't support your argument.

Like these:

Closed Thread