The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #551
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I know, right? Apparently "those who are discussing it" do. So we just let it be. Even though it's completely pointless.
Everything here is completely pointless. We effect nothing on this film. If that is your basis for conversation, then you probably shouldn't post again. Otherwise, stop playing arbiter. We have mods for that.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #552
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Oh no....
Time to take out the paint.net!!!

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Old 03-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #553
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Edit: Deleting because it's just not worth it.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251

Last edited by Kryptonian Warrior; 03-23-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #554
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

I don't know what's happened in this thread here? but this is essentially a fashion discussion thread so things are bound to get nit-picky.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #555
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I'm still waiting for someone to manip a picture of the suit to match the colors in the trailer.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #556
Super Kal
Side-Kick

i have in the past, but even with the trailer, the color is still hard to match

Old 03-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #557
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Would you mind posting your work again?

Old 03-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #558
Super Kal
Side-Kick

i deleted it, but i can make it again, with one of the newer pictures

Old 03-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #559
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

That'd be awesome!

Old 03-23-2013, 12:54 AM   #560
Super Kal
Side-Kick

been comparing shots of the trailer... there's a lot of cyan filters going on in that trailer... i really hope that isnt the case for the movie. that was one of the major problems with Superman Returns- too much cyan and orange filters... however, i'm most likely positive that this is the general color scheme that we will receive in the movie, and what the movie is trying to convey to us color wise- at least, to the best of my ability, anyways...

Old 03-23-2013, 01:08 AM   #561
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

That's not exactly the shade of blue that was used in the trailer, but that's understandable, considering (like you said) the filters they're using. Either way, the colors look fantastic there.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #562
JOE

The money shots in this movie are going to be 10/10.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 03-23-2013, 02:05 AM   #563
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enriquespy View Post
Time to take out the paint.net!!!
I'm scared now.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #564
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
I'm still waiting for someone to manip a picture of the suit to match the colors in the trailer.
Here are most of the shots of the suit from the trailer.

The colors are actually really really close to the official digital version of the Total Film cover.

I did some slight tweaks (and I mean very slight) to that and the pic from the interior and came up with these.

Now, I'm pretty sure all the reference shots from the trailer come from pretty early on in the film. I suspect things will warm up as the story progresses.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #565
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Some of those do match. I never really noticed. I always used those shots of him with Lois as a point of reference (because, honestly, the blue just looks gorgeous there) for how the suit will look in the film. But it looks like the shades will shift a bit.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #566
Super Kal
Side-Kick

do they always have to make the blue so faded and dull?

Old 03-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #567
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
do they always have to make the blue so faded and dull?
There have been more than a few complaints that the suit is too shiny. Poor Supes can't win.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #568
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
There have been more than a few complaints that the suit is too shiny. Poor Supes can't win.
the shininess i like I'm more talking about the shade of blue that's being used

the overall shininess of the body suit and the specific shade of blue that they are using are two separate things... the shade of blue looks like it's been washed out, and personally, im not a fan of that. i like the blue to be vibrant and rich in color. it looks really desaturated in those bottom pictures. to me, Superman doesnt look flattering when one of the main colors he is wearing is overly desaturated. the SR suit suffered from that as well... and if you notice, the MoS suit has done the exact opposite that the SR suit does...

with Superman Returns, the blue was very light and vibrant, almost cyan in certain shots, while the red was dark, dull, and desaturated. now, the suit has a very vibrant red, with a desaturated shade of blue.

Last edited by Super Kal; 03-23-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #569
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:
the shininess i like I'm more talking about the shade of blue that's being used

the overall shininess of the body suit and the specific shade of blue that they are using are two separate things... the shade of blue looks like it's been washed out, and personally, im not a fan of that. i like the blue to be vibrant and rich in color. it looks really desaturated in those bottom pictures. to me, Superman doesnt look flattering when one of the main colors he is wearing is overly desaturated. the SR suit suffered from that as well... and if you notice, the MoS suit has done the exact opposite that the SR suit does...

with Superman Returns, the blue was very light and vibrant, almost cyan in certain shots, while the red was dark, dull, and desaturated. now, the suit has a very vibrant red, with a desaturated shade of blue.
Like I said, though, I tweaked those bottom pictures to look closer to what was shown in the trailer. I don't think what was shown in the trailer is indicative of how the suit will look later on in the film. The one shot that could be from later in the movie is the one of Superman and Zod flying at each other. That shot is very warm and saturated. You can't make out the colors of the suit because Superman is shown in silhouette, but the shot itself seems to contrast the cool tones seen in many of the other shots in the trailer.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #570
Super Kal
Side-Kick

i hope so. i really do hope the blue comes across more as blue rather than a bluish grey

Old 03-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #571
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

I remember seeing the first pictures from SDCC and it was a bit jarring how dark it seemed. At this point I've gotten used to it. I don't think it'll be that dark throughout the movie, though, because lighting definitely has a huge impact on its appearance. I'm just happy that the red looks great.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #572
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
These colors are beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankTheTurtle View Post
Here are most of the shots of the suit from the trailer.

I love this collection HankTheTurtle! (Save!)

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 03-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #573
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I actually think I prefer the darker muted blue. I think it works better for the realistic aesthetic of the film. Having a more primary blue (like Cap in the Avengers) would really make Supes seem a bit out've place.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #574
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I actually think I prefer the darker muted blue. I think it works better for the realistic aesthetic of the film. Having a more primary blue (like Cap in the Avengers) would really make Supes seem a bit out've place.
Yeah because a dude in a skin-thight suit with a cape flying around smashing space ships with his bare hands isn't out've place.

Joke. I get what you mean. For this same reason there will be no heat vision in this film. Don't be fooled by kid's books or toys they often have things the movies don't. This movie is teh realizm and teh grounded, no laser eyes allowed! I am willing to bet money on this!

Old 03-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #575
bobguy64
Side-Kick

In all the official WB released shots of the suit, the gold in the chest shield has been replaced with black. Do we know if they're digitally removing the gold in post?

Thanks, and my apologies if this question has been beaten to death.