The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #701
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

The discussion is pointless not because we like or dislike the current suit....the discussion is pointless because no matter how much we ***** and moan and whine the costume is staying the same, it's not changing unless they come up with something even crazier in the sequel....I don't see them reverting back to the classic suit anytime soon. THAT is why the conversation is pointless. I like both so deal with it

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #702
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

i have no problem with people who like the suit... i like certain parts of it myself... my only problem comes from those who like it, yet say to the other side they arent allowed to express their opinion

Old 04-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #703
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
i have no problem with people who like the suit... i like certain parts of it myself... my only problem comes from those who like it, yet say to the other side they arent allowed to express their opinion
Why would you let that bother you? **** them....like what you like, hate what you hate and let the others deal with their own issues. No man can tell me I can't voice my opinion. That's foolish. Don't let it get to you

Old 04-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #704
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Why would you let that bother you? **** them....like what you like, hate what you hate and let the others deal with their own issues. No man can tell me I can't voice my opinion. That's foolish. Don't let it get to you
it's not that it gets to me... it's simply i expect one to treat another they way they want to be treated, and if they dont like a conversation, simply dont comment. if you havent noticed, the only ones who want to start problems are those who like the suit.

either way, i hope the suit is changed back eventually, after this 52 crap is done and over with.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #705
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
it's not that it gets to me... it's simply i expect one to treat another they way they want to be treated, and if they dont like a conversation, simply dont comment. if you havent noticed, the only ones who want to start problems are those who like the suit.

either way, i hope the suit is changed back eventually, after this 52 crap is done and over with.
welcome to the real world...not everyone is going to treat you how you want to be treated or how you believe you should be treated. I like the suit and I'm not trying to start problems....I don't care which costume you like. That's your business, it doesn't have any affect on me either way

Old 04-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #706
Super Kal
Side-Kick

that's not what i said, nor what i intended to say, but whatever.

nevertheless, once this fashion trend goes away, i'll be happier

Old 04-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #707
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
i can say the same about the constant praise from people who like the suit, and their whining about people who dont agree with them...

just because you think the conversation is pointless doesn't mean you get to dictate what can or cannot be talked about in this thread. if someone says the classic costume doesn't work, thats their opinion, but that doesnmt mean i, or any other person who has the same opinion as i do, dont have the right to comment...

if you think the conversation is pointless and not worth it, then dont post in the thread. that simple.
Quote:
my only problem comes from those who like it, yet say to the other side they arent allowed to express their opinion
Dear me. I've not said you cant express your opinion at all, I'm saying you keep on repeating the same negative opinions about the suit over and over. That is a big difference.

I personally find the repeated complaining a bit...weird? You must have extremely strong feelings about this as you keep on and on about it.

Quote:
i hope the suit is changed back eventually, after this 52 crap is done and over with.
Quote:
once this fashion trend goes away, i'll be happier
I'm sorry but you seem in denial about what's happening at the moment and can't accept change, Maybe things will change back in the future but I wouldn't bank on it. Hopefully you can enjoy the film when you watch it opening weekend with the rest of us.

We don't agree on this issue,but peace anyway Super Kal

Old 04-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #708
Super Kal
Side-Kick

maybe not directly, greeneyes, but indirectly many like you do... this thread was created to keep the conversation of the suit outside of others threads, since mods started to ban in other threads the discussion of the suit... and now you say, indirectly i might add, that people cant talk about it simply because you think the conversation is pointless... not gonna happen.

but either way, i hope this movie does do better than Superman Returns. 7 years is a long time. maybe then we will see the traditional suit again.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #709
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
maybe not directly, greeneyes, but indirectly many like you do... this thread was created to keep the conversation of the suit outside of others threads, since mods started to ban in other threads the discussion of the suit... and now you say, indirectly i might add, that people cant talk about it simply because you think the conversation is pointless... not gonna happen.

but either way, i hope this movie does do better than Superman Returns. 7 years is a long time. maybe then we will see the traditional suit again.
I'm getting a bit worried now man?..what do you mean by "many like you" ?

And I'm not telling you you cant talk about something here? you are just not getting what I mean and this is just going round and round like the costume back and forth pointlessness.

And once again with the traditional suit comment...

All the best Super Kal

Old 04-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #710
Super Kal
Side-Kick

because you're not the only one who thinks people sharing their opinion on disliking the suit is pointless... and like i said, this thread was created to try and keep suit conversations in the correct place.

dont like it. dont post here. people are going to post about it here whether you want them to or not.
and yeah, i like the traditional suit look, and i do hope the suit will return to its former glory, as it should

Old 04-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #711
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
because you're not the only one who thinks people sharing their opinion on disliking the suit is pointless... and like i said, this thread was created to try and keep suit conversations in the correct place.

dont like it. dont post here. people are going to post about it here whether you want them to or not.
and yeah, i like the traditional suit look, and i do hope the suit will return to its former glory, as it should
Just curious whats the former glory? Is it just the pants or are you talking minus wrist bracelet and including the s on the back of the cape.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #712
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

most people just ***** and moan about the lack of trunks....some have gotten over it, other haven't....and never will

Old 04-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #713
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Just curious whats the former glory? Is it just the pants or are you talking minus wrist bracelet and including the s on the back of the cape.
well, personally, i would love to see the first design be in a movie, and I'm talking about the 1938 design... or either these two:

i love the golden age Superman with a passion, especially what he stood for... a time period piece based in the 1940's during WW2 would be a great film to see. it was when American patriotism was at a high, the desire for freedom was high, and Superman was used to encourage the troops overseas... back when Superman stood for something much bigger than himself

but if not that, i would be very happy to see simply the classic suit:

Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #714
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

I love the Fleischer suit.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #715
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
well, personally, i would love to see the first design be in a movie, and I'm talking about the 1938 design... or either these two:

i love the golden age Superman with a passion, especially what he stood for... a time period piece based in the 1940's during WW2 would be a great film to see. it was when American patriotism was at a high, the desire for freedom was high, and Superman was used to encourage the troops overseas... back when Superman stood for something much bigger than himself

but if not that, i would be very happy to see simply the classic suit:

I do NOT want to see this costume on the big screen, even if it is a period piece....

Old 04-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #716
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:

You keep on trying to say that I'm telling you you cant post your views and opinions..this is not true.

I don't care what people post and I'm not saying they shouldn't do it,do you not understand? it's just the amount of times you repeat yourself and your negative anti the new design comments. Have the opinion,just don't keep on and on like a stuck record? We all know what your views are...

Do you understand what I mean or will you reply again saying I'm telling you you cant make comments here?

Old 04-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #717
wrlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
I fully understand where you are coming from,but times have changed drastically since the 70's and 80's and onwards,they have to modernise things or at least try to update a little to keep pace with all the other characters who have updated successfully as well over time.
oh please. Everyone thought the same thing in 1979. Don't forget, 1979 was 40 years after the creation of the character. Which is less time than it's been since that movie came out.
But the filmmakers did it with conviction, and that made the difference.
The current PTB don't believe in the source material. That's a shame.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #718
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrlord View Post
oh please. Everyone thought the same thing in 1979. Don't forget, 1979 was 40 years after the creation of the character. Which is less time than it's been since that movie came out.
Oh please yourself. The numbers of years mean nothing. It is about the nature of change that has occurred during that time period. Far more has occurred in the last 30 years in terms of visual effects, costuming, and audience tastes to make one question the appropriate-ness of the classic spandex suit than in the 40 years proceeding them.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #719
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrlord View Post
You're very vocal for your first few posts wrlord? you been here before?

If you are honestly saying that you cant see that life and how we see things now has drastically changed since 1980 then there is no point.

You cannot compare 1939-1970 with 1980- 2013,the differences and changes regarding peoples tastes and how we watch movies and absorb all forms of media are far too different.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #720
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

please let them never bring a spandex suit back to the big screen...that WOULD look ridiculous

Old 04-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #721
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
I do NOT want to see this costume on the big screen, even if it is a period piece....
i would love to see that design or at least, see him start off with that design, and then watch him change it throughout the movie to the fleischer suit or the design we see on Superman #14

Old 04-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #722
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

oh nooo....no way

Old 04-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #723
Super Kal
Side-Kick

why not?

Old 04-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #724
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

don't like the shield or the boots...more and more people would complain because it's not what they are used to. Most of the readers from that day are either dead or don't go to movies. Movies are focused on today's audience...not the readers of the past

Old 04-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #725
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
more and more people would complain because it's not what they are used to.
didnt stop DC52 or Man of Steel.

Quote:
Most of the readers from that day are either dead or don't go to movies.
Superman isn't just for those people. superman is a character for all ages. if Superman can be created in a revamp with a design such as Man of Steel, Superman can definitely be created in a time period piece, 1938-1945... the only thing that lacks is creativity, funding, imagination and a little bit of faith.

Quote:
Movies are focused on today's audience...not the readers of the past
the point is irregardless because a movie is based on what they can sell, not to appeal to the general public of the fans. if they can sell it, they will make it. can this new movie be sold, sure... was the Tim Burton movie going to sell, maybe, no one knows for sure... could a time period piece Superman movie sell... absolutely, if they market it right.

i personally think a movie created with those designs in mind would be a great idea... to see Superman evolve from his first suit to a more detail-oriented suit, via Fleischer or Superman #14... something similar to what Sam Raimi did in the first Spider-Man movie or the new movie, how Peter Parker started with something very basic, then went to something more elaborate...

and, actually, one can compare 1939-1979 with 1980-2010, visually speaking, Superman stayed with the exact same design (as i've pointed out before in this thread) with slight differences. sometimes the shield was bigger or smaller, or sometimes the cape was shorter or longer... maybe the belt had more loops, or a pocket in the belt buckle to hold a kryptonite ring... but the traditional design stayed the same. they didnt tinker with it, they didn't completely change it (electric blue superman doesnt count because they ended up going back to the classic), and they didn't alter it in a drastic way... and i've heard that line before from countless people on here... change simply for the sake of change... i'm sick of that phrase. Richard Donner didnt make change simply for the sake of change. He stayed faithful and true to the original mythos and the look of the character, and because of that vision, Superman: The Movie is now a timeless classic, and sets the standard for ALL superhero movies to come.

and the current studio execs don't care about what is faithful to the comics... all they care about is money.