The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #126
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

The enclosed neckline design also works against Routh's thinner neck. The open neckline just works a lot better.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #127
Krumm
Beer Snob

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
The enclosed neckline design also works against Routh's thinner neck. The open neckline just works a lot better.
I'd like to see that tested out if anyone has the time.

Part of me wants to disagree and say that the smaller neckline was used with Routh to give the illusion of a thicker neck because it is able to fill out the space it's given.

On the other hand, I want to agree and say that they should have gone with a wider neck show some more skin to give a broader feel.

I'm leaning more with disagreeing but I'd like to see it play out.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #128
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Old 02-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #129
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I can't wait to get my hands on one of those figures.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #130
Mike22
Side-Kick

Been thinking a lot about the classic costume lately.

Pre-MOS I could never imagine the suit without the trunks, and even now two years after I still have issues with them being removed, however I really have to say that as an alternative, this new design is just absolutely fantastic, and this coming from a die hard fan of the classic costume.

I miss the trunks, and if it was a possibility I would want them back instantly, but as far as movies are concerned I think that era is plain over and done with, unfortunately so. But looking back at what we could have gotten and then what we ended up with, I personally still feel fortunate that I (and most other people, surprisingly) actually like this new suit as opposed to the SR one which I outright despised.

The suit in the New 52 just plain sucks and I hate it, and I SINCERELY hope they at one point (sooner rather than later) bring back the classic, or at the very least change it to the MOS one.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #131
elgaz
Side-Kick

I agree they should have went with the MOS suit for the New 52, just for the sake of consistency. I assume that by the time 52 was going to print, WB still didn't want the MOS suit image released or critiqued in great detail, so they went a totally different route for the comics. Or then again, it could just be for the sake of more merchandise options.

It's almost inevitable that the MOS suit in the sequel (assuming of course that it's a success and there will be a MOS 2) will be changed, again for those pesky merchandise reasons. More toys = more money. I wonder if they'll keep a similar look to how it is currently or change it to something more 52 like ............. or vice versa.

Then again, TDKR didn't really change the Batman suit much from TDK so perhaps it won't happen.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #132
The Shield
It's really Happening!

MOS is definitely Superman for me over the New 52. I really wish they'd change the comics to the movie version.

And Those comparisons of the suits not only look really cool but also show how far we've come in live action.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #133
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I do like all of them for their own reasons, but the MOS-one just means so much business it's ridiculous. That's a suit for some serious battle. It just looks like battle-wear and I guess the chain-mail texture subtly implies that.

The Reeve-suit still has great colors even though they appear out of date.
I like the texture of the MOS suit very much... as close to the Raimi Spiderman suits as we could probably get. And as for the Reeve costume, I don't think the colors are out of date so much as the material itself. Compared to even the Routh costume Reeve's spandex looks ridiculous!

Old 02-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #134
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post

MOS is definitely Superman for me over the New 52. I really wish they'd change the comics to the movie version.

And Those comparisons of the suits not only look really cool but also show how far we've come in live action.
I think the differences between the two are really minor really. Aside from the high collar there's not much difference.

The New 52 simply kept the traditional lighter color pattern and the classic \S/.

As for the midsection on both they're about a draw to me in not being amazing. The MOS one is a little too busy and the new 52 belt that doesn't hold up anything just kinda looks out of place.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #135
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I definitely think the MOS costume looks better but I do like the New 52 costume too

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #136
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I like that New 52 "S"....that's it

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #137
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'd take the New 52 Belt and colors and attach that to that MOS costume; that would be my ideal version at the moment of how I'd want to the costume to look like.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #138
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I'm cool with what we've got for Man of Steel...wouldn't really change a thing on it. Except maybe the yellow....but I'll wait and see the movie before passing judgement on the colors

Old 02-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #139
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'd take the New 52 Belt and colors and attach that to that MOS costume; that would be my ideal version at the moment of how I'd want to the costume to look like.
that would be interesting to see!

Old 02-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #140
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I like that New 52 "S"....that's it
That's the main thing I don't like about it, oddly enough. I hate how awkwardly angular it is.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #141
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
That's the main thing I don't like about it, oddly enough. I hate how awkwardly angular it is.
Yeah I know how some people don't like stuff like that, but I like it. I did a mix of it and the classic "S" when I made my Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 emblem! I looks pretty damn cool

Old 02-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #142
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I prefer how MOS handled the 'belt'. I don't like that red one on the New 52.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 02-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #143
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I prefer how MOS handled the 'belt'. I don't like that red one on the New 52.
me either....don't care for the red belt in the New 52. I like everything about the MOS costume

Old 02-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #144
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I think the differences between the two are really minor really. Aside from the high collar there's not much difference.

The New 52 simply kept the traditional lighter color pattern and the classic \S/.

As for the midsection on both they're about a draw to me in not being amazing. The MOS one is a little too busy and the new 52 belt that doesn't hold up anything just kinda looks out of place.
EXACTLY! Just find it funny that some can love one while condemn the other. In fact, I think the new52 suit is much more ‘advanced’ or so called “alien looking” like they put it in the movie.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #145
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

some people draw the New 52 suit to where it looks like metallic armor. I don't like that at all....

Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #146
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

It appears the classic costume will return in the upcoming continuity free digital ongoing comic book series titled "Adventures of Superman", which launches on April 29th 2013.

Last edited by Young Superman; 02-07-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #147
Super Kal
Side-Kick

makes the Superman nerd in me very happy to see that

Old 02-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #148
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
It appears the classic costume will return in the upcoming continuity free digital ongoing comic book series titled "Adventures of Superman", which launches on April 29th 2013.

so good to see that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
makes the Superman nerd in me very happy to see that
me too...put a huge smile on my face!

Old 02-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #149
Kal L
Superman of Earth 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Wonder what it wld have been like if MOS went with a fleschier S shield-which is pure Black.
I wonder the same thing and found this on google.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #150
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

That's awesome. I'm glad they didn't use black in the shield, but I love how reminiscent the mos suit is of Fleischer's. I grew up watching those cartoons, so it brings back memories. It would be cool if Zimmer paid homage to that theme as well.

Closed Thread