The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > PC

Old 02-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
Cosmic
Theosophist

Thumbs up Waking Mars

I bought this one off Steam last week. You play as a scientist exploring underground caverns on Mars. There's an interesting storyline guided along by several companion characters who communicate with you as you progress. The controls are simple, and there are many different paths you can take through the game. Highly recommended.

Not only can Krypto now talk like a human, but his powers are far superior to mine! I can no longer be his master! -Superboy, Adventure Comics #239
Cosmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Default Re: Waking Mars

Is it a side scroller? What did you think of the graphics?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
Cosmic
Theosophist

Default Re: Waking Mars

It's a platform game where you fly around on a jetpack in all directions. You're also able to run, walk, crawl and pick up or throw objects. Each section of the underground cave gives you an objective, such as finding the resources to fuel an energy source, or cultivating life. There are many different paths you can take around the map, and you can fast travel to areas you've already visited.

The graphics are good. The creatures and plants in the game move and react in a way that makes the game feel immersive. This is an indie game that costs $10 upon release. It's not going to blow your mind. But, unlike most of the more popular and more expensive games I've bought, this one had virtually no glitches or problems.

Not only can Krypto now talk like a human, but his powers are far superior to mine! I can no longer be his master! -Superboy, Adventure Comics #239
Cosmic is online now   Reply With Quote