The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 02-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #26
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - - - Part 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Doesn't it look like Garfield has put on weight here?

Maybe trying to fill out the suit more?
Yeah I think to gain a tad more mass. That's my guess. He's been at the gym recently right? So he's probably building muscle.

Nicko-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #27
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:

Yeah definitely. He's put on a lot of mass in his arms and legs.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #28
TheForgotten
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
You missed the point, entirely.
Thanks.

I'll make sure to put my sarcasm in italics next time.

TheForgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #29
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

you only need to watch evil dead 2 to understand how talented raimi is at framing and shooting action sequences.

i'm sorry but the way raimi moved the camera in his spider-man movies was more enthralling than webb. webb was/is new to action movies, he did an okay job, but far out guys, he did not conceptualize and realize the action sequences with as much bravado and confidence as raimi.

also, when u can render an entire action sequence in a computer, like the school corridor, you can put the camera where ever you like. hardly demands much creativity when you can watch the sequence from every possible angle and decide what looks good.

i agree with the previous poster about spider-man action being best when utilising motion.

gah, compare the crane sequence to the part in spider-man 2 when he gets knocked off the tracks and slides along the road before swinging back up. now that is how spider-man action should be.

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:02 AM   #30
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I need to watch Spider-Man 2 again...

Old 02-02-2013, 03:37 AM   #31
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
you only need to watch evil dead 2 to understand how talented raimi is at framing and shooting action sequences.

i'm sorry but the way raimi moved the camera in his spider-man movies was more enthralling than webb. webb was/is new to action movies, he did an okay job, but far out guys, he did not conceptualize and realize the action sequences with as much bravado and confidence as raimi.

also, when u can render an entire action sequence in a computer, like the school corridor, you can put the camera where ever you like. hardly demands much creativity when you can watch the sequence from every possible angle and decide what looks good.

i agree with the previous poster about spider-man action being best when utilising motion.

gah, compare the crane sequence to the part in spider-man 2 when he gets knocked off the tracks and slides along the road before swinging back up. now that is how spider-man action should be.
While I enjoy ASM alot more than Raimi's films, I do agree with this.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #32
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForgotten View Post
Thanks.

I'll make sure to put my sarcasm in italics next time.
You're welcome

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #33
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:

I certainly think that Raimi is better than Webb at action sequences and ED2 is a great example.

However, we really haven't seen a major action set piece in an outdoor environment from Webb. There is a learning process in just about everything so we'll have to wait and see how Webb picks up and gets more educated for action scenes.

There's no denying though the clock tower/train sequence will be very difficult to top...it can be done but it'll take some serious effort.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #34
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Still think Spider-Man 2 will be this decade's version of the original. An improvement on the original, captivating and widely considered an achievement for the genre.

I too am cautious concerning Webb's way of executing action sequences. They have to go all out with this film to win over the disappointed audiences. More than half my friends found Amazing Spider-Man bland.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spideyfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #35
Anno_Domini
Banned User

It is really just amping up the action though? It's the story that took me out of the film, as well as an underdeveloped villain. The action was the least of my worries.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #36
Rise_-
Side-Kick

Quote:

also, when u can render an entire action sequence in a computer, like the school corridor, you can put the camera where ever you like. hardly demands much creativity when you can watch the sequence from every possible angle and decide what looks good

Don't see your point here. You still need the vision to know what will look right and what won't when you're constructing the scene, even if it's in a computer.

Rise_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #37
Nathan

I thought the story was ok, even though I noticed the cuts, it wasn't enough to take me out of it. And I thought Connors was better developed than Norman. Not trying to hate on the Raimi Movie, before someone tries to accuse me of that, but there wasn't anything that the first Movie did so much better.

There really was a lack of vision and motivation after Norman became the Goblin. So he took care of the people that almost cost him his job, and then what? He wants to rule the city, but how? Just by running amok and bombing places? Webb gave Connors a clear goal, motivation and plan. Goblin, after he secured his job, basically just keeps harassing Spider-Man.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #38
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Let me remind everyone also that "ASM" was Webb's second movie albeit a big studio movie. He went from a small, quirky independent film "(500) Days of Summer" to "Amazing Spider-Man." He essentially was jumping into territory he had never been into before. So, for the love of God least cut him some slack. He did what he could with the movie and I still say that it only floundered a little bit because of the editing. Otherwise, I think he made a decent movie.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #39
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
Let me remind everyone also that "ASM" was Webb's second movie albeit a big studio movie. He went from a small, quirky independent film "(500) Days of Summer" to "Amazing Spider-Man." He essentially was jumping into territory he had never been into before. So, for the love of God least cut him some slack. He did what he could with the movie and I still say that it only floundered a little bit because of the editing. Otherwise, I think he made a decent movie.

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #40
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
He certainly went above my expectations. As far as action is concerned I thought he did a very good job.

Oh and btw, you may want to change your avatar. If a mod sees the foul language you may get an infraction.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #41
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
While he did two movies beforehand, Nolan worked on a blockbuster CBM at his third try and hit it out of the park. Just saying that "we should cut him some slack" sounds like we should just treat him like a kid who's making their first mistakes. It isn't impossible for a director to making something grand, second or third try(and even then, Nolan's second attempt, INSOMNIA: Nolan's worst film to date).

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 02-02-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #42
socool
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
While he did two movies beforehand, Nolan worked on a blockbuster CBM at his third try and hit it out of the park. Just saying that "we should cut him some slack" sounds like we should just treat him like a kid who's making their first mistakes. It isn't impossible for a director to making something grand, second or third try(and even then, Nolan's second attempt, Memento: Nolan's worst film to date).
You just lost all credibility. Ever.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #43
Rise_-
Side-Kick

Rise_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #44
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
You just lost all credibility. Ever.
Hahahahaha, I should....simply because I mis-typed. I meant Insomnia and I said Memento.

****eth

Well, if it makes me feel any better...just shows how I can easily forget about Insomnia.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 02-02-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #45
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old pic with Andrew wearing the same pants.

Yeah he definitely put on some mass. Can't wait to see him in the new suit.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #46
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

the story is obviously very important. as are the characters that are changed from that story. but at the end of the day, it is an action movie, and i was left wanting more from the action scenes in tasm1. furthermore, webb is a character-director, with his indie sensibilities, so i am not too worried about the acting and character development in the sequel, unless the writers have truly screwed up.

an action movie with good action and nothing else is totally forgettable. like the first gi joe movie (i thought the chase in paris was very well done) for example.

for me, the sequel needs to have more thought out action sequences, especially when the cgi on spidey looks so good. otherwise it's a waste of my favourite fictional character :/

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #47
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
the story is obviously very important. as are the characters that are changed from that story. but at the end of the day, it is an action movie, and i was left wanting more from the action scenes in tasm1. furthermore, webb is a character-director, with his indie sensibilities, so i am not too worried about the acting and character development in the sequel, unless the writers have truly screwed up.

an action movie with good action and nothing else is totally forgettable. like the first gi joe movie (i thought the chase in paris was very well done) for example.

for me, the sequel needs to have more thought out action sequences, especially when the cgi on spidey looks so good. otherwise it's a waste of my favourite fictional character :/
If something leaves you wanting more doesnt that mean it was good?

chocolate cake, vacation time, Nolan's Batman trilogy.

ASM left me wanting more as well. Raimi's trilogy did not. Food for thought

Old 02-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #48
AF3619
WOOO!

so are Sony and Marvel working together?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...-ray-announced
Quote:
....Marvel's Iron Man is back with a brand new adventure in the animated feature-length movie Iron Man: Rise of the Technovore, debuting on Blu-ray and DVD April 16.
Here's the official synopsis, straight from Marvel Entertainment and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment:

-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 02-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #49
socool
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
so are Sony and Marvel working together?
Sony owns Blu-Ray.

So...No.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #50
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
Sony owns Blu-Ray.

So...No.
ah, ok but see this
are all blurays from Sony Home entretainment?

-YES
-I´ll be right there"

Last edited by AF3619; 02-02-2013 at 09:45 PM.