The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #626
Snow Queen
Side-Kick
 
Snow Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,319
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Yes, as the Bible says, be charitable and share your food.
....what?

Oh.

My bad.

Snow Queen is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #627
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,311
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
We live in a democracy. I believe that if we allow government to over-rule states authority then we fall down a very slippery slope.

If a majority of americans believe in that gay marriage is right (which apparently according to a commercial it says a majority are for it), then fine...we can vote, they can win. Gay marriage can be made legal. End of story. That's how the system works. Don't like it? Leave.
Except we don't live in a democracy. We live in a republic.

The only national vote is for President. All other votes are state level or lower.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #628
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon
 
Lighthouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: A beach somewhere.
Posts: 10,830
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
We live in a democracy. I believe that if we allow government to over-rule states authority then we fall down a very slippery slope.

If a majority of americans believe in that gay marriage is right (which apparently according to a commercial it says a majority are for it), then fine...we can vote, they can win. Gay marriage can be made legal. End of story. That's how the system works. Don't like it? Leave.
Yeah, so we should have waited till the majority of Americans wanted to end slavery, allow women to vote, and give civil rights to African Americans.

__________________
...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #629
Snow Queen
Side-Kick
 
Snow Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,319
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Yeah, so we should have waited till the majority of Americans wanted to end slavery, allow women to vote, and give civil rights to African Americans.

Snow Queen is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #630
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,175
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
lol Can't have Medicare or Society will Collapse... to "can't get rid of Medicare because Society will collapse"

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #631
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,156
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
We live in a democracy. I believe that if we allow government to over-rule states authority then we fall down a very slippery slope.

If a majority of americans believe in that gay marriage is right (which apparently according to a commercial it says a majority are for it), then fine...we can vote, they can win. Gay marriage can be made legal. End of story. That's how the system works. Don't like it? Leave.
That's not how the system works. Federal law has never been decided by direct vote in this country, it's been decided by a vote in congress or by Supreme Court rulings.

Also, every single milestone in civil rights in this country was a result of federal law overruling state law.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #632
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 24,042
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Some people just hate or are afraid of any sort of change even though change is natural part of life.

There has and always will be people who argue against anything that isn't the current status quo of the day.

__________________
King Of Strong Style
chamber-music is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #633
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,175
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Some people just hate or are afraid of any sort of change even though change is natural part of life.

There has and always will be people who argue against anything that isn't the current status quo of the day.
Yup, human's typically don't like change..... when really those who don't like it, are just scared of it. Human's are creatures of habit. But nothing last forever, nothing stays certain, and everything in life changes... so you can learn to embrace it, enjoy it, or drag your heels and cry about it.

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #634
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,620
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Yeah, so we should have waited till the majority of Americans wanted to end slavery, allow women to vote, and give civil rights to African Americans.
Those are social issues though. Gay marriage isn't so much a social issue as it is political due to the ramifications it could have on taxes and law in general.

If the government bow sdown to the request of any smaller group that screams loud enough where does it end?

__________________
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #635
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro
 
LuisTX85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 15,349
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Is there somewhere I can vote and it'll actually count or is it all up to the court?Now I admit I'm a bit biased as I myself am BI But..I 100% support Gay Marriage,Love is love and everyone is human!!

I find it ironic&hypocrisy that people keep saying"God/The Bible says.."as IF they do everything that they said But when it comes to gays.."oh no it goes everything against it".

__________________
Z..The Mark of Zorro!
LuisTX85 is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #636
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,311
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Those are social issues though. Gay marriage isn't so much a social issue as it is political due to the ramifications it could have on taxes and law in general.

If the government bow sdown to the request of any smaller group that screams loud enough where does it end?

Why are you lumping all the small groups together?


You're implicitly saying that small groups don't have a right to be heard. Therefore the majority is always right.


Back to slavery then, folks!


Hint: it's usually worth listening when the issue violates a couple of Constitutional Amendments and denies equality to law abiding citizens.


And you honestly don't think those examples were political issues? Do you not realize the economic impact freeing the slaves had on the South? Or what giving women a voice in politics would do to social and economic policies (especially since it helped paved the way for women entering the workforce). Or the economic factors of making illegal to deny someone a job (or a place to sit and eat) because of skin color?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #637
Snow Queen
Side-Kick
 
Snow Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,319
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Those are social issues though. Gay marriage isn't so much a social issue as it is political due to the ramifications it could have on taxes and law in general.

If the government bow sdown to the request of any smaller group that screams loud enough where does it end?
Give me one reason to keep marriage from gay individuals. If there is no reason then the rights shouldn't be kept away from the group and there is no reason in this case.

You're talking like equality should be optional.

Snow Queen is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #638
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,311
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Hear about this?

New York City is reporting a $250 MILLION increase in marriage license fees after legalizing gay marriage.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #639
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,175
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Those are social issues though. Gay marriage isn't so much a social issue as it is political due to the ramifications it could have on taxes and law in general.

If the government bow sdown to the request of any smaller group that screams loud enough where does it end?

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #640
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,156
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Those are social issues though. Gay marriage isn't so much a social issue as it is political due to the ramifications it could have on taxes and law in general.

If the government bow sdown to the request of any smaller group that screams loud enough where does it end?
How are slavery, women's voting rights, and civil rights for African Americans less political than gay marriage? How is gay marriage not a social issue? How does gay marriage have greater ramifications on taxes and the law than those three things?

And to answer your question: It ends when the request in question isn't a completely reasonable request for equal treatment under the law.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #641
moviedoors
Side-Kick
 
moviedoors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas City, TX
Posts: 2,335
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
As is eating selfish, shaving your beard and wearing clothing made of two fabrics. And rape victims have to marry their rapists. And if your child is disobedient you have to take him in front of the city and stone him.

But we'll just forget about those, seeing as they like to pick and choose what they follow it seems.
In addition to everyone conveniently forgetting that sodomy doesn't mean "gay sex" it means literally anything that isn't meat and potatoes vaginal intercourse, and it's not orientation specific. Ever had a oral sex? Then you're a sodomite.

moviedoors is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #642
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty
 
Lead Cenobite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: US
Posts: 2,967
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Meat and potatoes vaginal intercourse? That doesn't sound kosher.

__________________
Superman with realistic physics isn't Superman.
Lead Cenobite is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #643
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,311
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Meat and potatoes vaginal intercourse? That doesn't sound kosher.
Hence the bacon equality avatar.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #644
childeroland
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,152
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
If the government bows down to the request of any smaller group that screams loud enough where does it end?
When all those evil freedom-loving gay people, women, blacks, and anyone else who isn't a straight white male has ruined this country with their evil non-straight white maleness.

__________________
That which is not Body, is no part of the Universe, and because the Universe is All, that which is not Body is Nothing and consequently Nowhere. Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother



childeroland is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #645
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,219
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Those are social issues though. Gay marriage isn't so much a social issue as it is political due to the ramifications it could have on taxes and law in general.

If the government bow sdown to the request of any smaller group that screams loud enough where does it end?

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God'… Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #646
Snow Queen
Side-Kick
 
Snow Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,319
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

EDIT: Deleted.

Snow Queen is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #647
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,219
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

No.....that one is just rude....not nice to call people stupid...

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God'… Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #648
Marx
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,001
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
As is eating selfish, shaving your beard and wearing clothing made of two fabrics. And rape victims have to marry their rapists. And if your child is disobedient you have to take him in front of the city and stone him.

But we'll just forget about those, seeing as they like to pick and choose what they follow it seems.
There's quite a long laundry list of ridiculous things expressly forbidden in the bible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
http://www.aidshealth.org/archives/15971

Kansas passed a law that could allow quarantine of people with HIV.
There are no words for this level of stupidity...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
On a side note, I have loved this cat since the first time you posted it.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #649
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,311
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Read from bottom up
(spoiler cause it's big)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:



__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #650
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,137
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


Funny because it's true

SV Fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.