The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #51
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 73,210
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
...and then there's this wonderful bit of thinking.

UPDATE: VIRGINIA PASTOR BELIEVES "STROKING" HORSES CAN CURE HOMOSEXUALITY
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2381028.html

The sheer irrationality...

__________________
DS AND THE AGENTS OF
*L.A.M.E.*


H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 12:13 AM   #52
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 22,689
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I guess that pastor has never watched brokeback mtn ....
Wait, those guys were gay?

I thought I was watching one of those Mormon plays about the evils of occasional social drinking.

__________________
If SHH was a toy store, and posters were action figures, someone like Sawyer or a Pink Ranger would be like 1 per case. (posted by Erzengel on 11.20.14)

~H.E.~
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 12:16 AM   #53
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
Wait, those guys were gay?

I thought I was watching one of those Mormon plays about the evils of occasional social drinking.
It was.

When he said "I wish I knew how to quit you" he was talking to Jack...Daniels.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 12:17 AM   #54
Bathead
The Oldest Geek
 
Bathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sumwear in Pencilvainya
Posts: 5,240
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Does nobody ever call these idiots when they make stupid statements like that? The first thing out of my mouth if I'd have been there when he said it would be "That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard."(at least I'd like to beieve I had the balls to say it.)

__________________
Little fly upon the wall,
Ain't you got no friends at all?
Wanna see God?
*splat*
Bathead is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #55
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,450
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
...and then there's this wonderful bit of thinking.

UPDATE: VIRGINIA PASTOR BELIEVES "STROKING" HORSES CAN CURE HOMOSEXUALITY
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2381028.html

"Stroking" horses? Cures homosexuality? Um, isn't the idea of curing homosexuality to get guys from "stoking" other males?

Hotwire is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #56
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 22,689
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
"Stroking" horses? Cures homosexuality? Um, isn't the idea of curing homosexuality to get guys from "stoking" other males?

I guess it's like that thing of when your dad caught you smoking, so he forces you to smoke an entire pack at once to make you sick of it.





(I think that's a Colbert joke, so if you laugh I can't take credit for it).

__________________
If SHH was a toy store, and posters were action figures, someone like Sawyer or a Pink Ranger would be like 1 per case. (posted by Erzengel on 11.20.14)

~H.E.~
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:42 PM   #57
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick
 
SuperMike335!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,465
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

My sister is gay. I don't think doing anything with horses is going to "un-gay" her.

I'm more concerned about her bad driving. She has destroyed 7 cars in total so far.

The last thing I want her doing is crashing a live animal.

SuperMike335!! is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #58
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 22,689
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post
My sister is gay. I don't think doing anything with horses is going to "un-gay" her.

I'm more concerned about her bad driving. She has destroyed 7 cars in total so far.
That's going to be the Christian Right's next big idea: combining ex-gay ministry with traffic school.

__________________
If SHH was a toy store, and posters were action figures, someone like Sawyer or a Pink Ranger would be like 1 per case. (posted by Erzengel on 11.20.14)

~H.E.~
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #59
antonydelfini
Manners Maketh Man
 
antonydelfini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,793
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves."
-Abraham Lincoln

antonydelfini is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #60
MilkmanDan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 388
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post
My sister is gay. I don't think doing anything with horses is going to "un-gay" her.
Especially since "stroking" one would definitely build up expectations no man could live up to.

MilkmanDan is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #61
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydelfini View Post
"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves."
-Abraham Lincoln

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #62
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Lightbulb Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

UPDATE: REPUBLICANS "VOW" TO CONTINUE DEFENSE OF "DOMA" IN NEW CONGRESS
http://www.advocate.com/politics/mar...defending-doma

...sooner or later, they are going to realize that they're on the wrong side of history.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #63
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

In other news today,

The Illinois State Senate Committee voted in favor of putting gay marriage to a full senate vote.

A gay marriage bill was also proposed in the Rhode Island State House and State Senate.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #64
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

I had heard the Illinois vote was looking iffy because two of the senators in support were missing. No one knew where they were, so they weren't even sure if they were going to bring it to a vote.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #65
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Servicemembers kicked out of military under Don't Ask Don't Tell ,since '04, to receive full separation pay.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #66
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,944
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII


__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #67
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 19,789
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Jeanne Manford, founder of PFLAG, dead at 92 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2433626.html

Schlosser85 is online now  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #68
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic
 
Zatanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Shadowcrest
Posts: 987
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

92. Wow. RIP.

__________________
Zatanna fan. Lois fan. Babs fan. Talia fan. Potterhead.
Zatanna is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #69
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,450
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Wow! The National Cathedral to preform same-sex marriages!

http://news.yahoo.com/national-cathe...144843993.html

Hotwire is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #70
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty
 
Lead Cenobite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: US
Posts: 3,068
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
UPDATE: REPUBLICANS "VOW" TO CONTINUE DEFENSE OF "DOMA" IN NEW CONGRESS
http://www.advocate.com/politics/mar...defending-doma

...sooner or later, they are going to realize that they're on the wrong side of history.
So in other words, DODOMA?

__________________
Superman with realistic physics isn't Superman.
Lead Cenobite is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #71
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Marine Corps to spouse clubs: Allow same-sex members or you don't operate on base

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #72
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 19,789
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

*finger snap*

Schlosser85 is online now  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #73
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
*finger snap*

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #74
Earthland
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 244
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydelfini View Post
"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves."
-Abraham Lincoln
I wonder why he never stood up for gays, who were even more opressed than blacks. Blacks at least had the right to have children. If he did such a great work with freeing slaves, he surely could have handled the issue of gay marriage also. I guess he just wasn't brave enough or worse, didn't WANT to . As did almost none of the great leaders (or well, nations in general) from the past 98 000 years or so.

I think the new movie "Lincoln" should be sued for making hero out of such homophobe. My tolerant-liberal worldview can't stand excusing him away with "but the culture was so different" back then. The target IS to change the culture. Clearly a case of homophobia.




Yes, I'm being ironic.

Earthland is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #75
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Jeanne Manford, founder of PFLAG, dead at 92 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2433626.html
I was just reading about this. She was an amazing woman and lived a long life. May she rest in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Wow! The National Cathedral to preform same-sex marriages!

http://news.yahoo.com/national-cathe...144843993.html
...this is incredible news!

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.