The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #801
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,560
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I'd sell cupcakes to the Westboro Baptist Church if they paid me. Money is money. Though I would probably insist they pay up front.
God hates buttercream.

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #802
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 68,756
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
God hates buttercream.
Well, buttercream does have the words "butt" and "cream" in it, so I'm sure the Westboro freaks would actually believe that.

__________________
Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #803
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,354
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Seriously is there anything they don't hate?

Even regular Baptists like some things.

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #804
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Seriously is there anything they don't hate?

Even regular Baptists like some things.
Not if they can get a lawsuit out of it.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #805
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,721
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Bill aimed at protecting LGBT students stalls in Congress.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner...-lgbt-students

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline  
Old 04-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #806
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Same-sex marriage bill (also allows for same-sex adoption) goes through in France amid heavy opposition.

Opponents are looking at challenging in court, they'd have a month to do so before the law is enacted.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 04-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #807
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,721
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

High school fires 19-year teacher after her same-sex partner's name appears in her mother's obituary:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/skarlan/high...ame-appeared-i

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline  
Old 04-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #808
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,091
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
High school fires 19-year teacher after her same-sex partner's name appears in her mother's obituary:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/skarlan/high...ame-appeared-i
Sounds like a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen

SV Fan is offline  
Old 04-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #809
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Rhode Island Senate to vote on gay marriage in the morning.

Advocates say the outcome looks good. Has already passed the House, and is supported by the governor.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 04-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #810
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,354
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Sounds like a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen
It's a private Catholic school by the sound of the name though.

A real dick move though.

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #811
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,560
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

It's time for the Catholic Church to do what it does best: offer a legal settlement.

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #812
Ken-Kaniff
Blue Steel!
 
Ken-Kaniff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

PEOPLE YOU SHALL BE PUNISHED CAUSE GAYNESS IS A SIN!!!!!

IT"S WRONG AND GOD HATES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !









YOU MUST TURN STRAIGHT OR ELSE YOU ARE ALL DOOMED!










no, actually I'm just kidding.

Now seriously speaking, it's an interesting thread and obviously the religion fanatics vs. gays is an interesting battle, but what you must question yourselves, believers or non-believers in God, is whether what is written in the Bible is 100% autenthic!! I mean HOW CAN WE KNOW THAT PRIESTS (pretty much RELIGION FANATICS) OF EACH TIME HAVEN'T CHANGED CERTAIN LINES TO THEIR INTEREST?!?! If the word of God is about love, peace, tolerance and so on, some passages in there are hard to believe or to take for real. I think whether we have faith or whether we are atheists, we must accept and tolerate gay people.

But it's very funny that PRIESTS, PASTORS and so on, who are supposed to be spreading the word of God and what Jesus taught people, are actually doing exactly the oposite: they spread HATE, create CONFLICT and act like they must decide who is to be PUNISHED! I am not expert on this kind of stuff and religion that much but I thought it is known that only God can judge and people have no right in doing so especially when they all have their sins? So how can they be big believers and saints when they basically took matters into their own hands and manipulate religion however they want?

If used wrong or by the wrong people, religion can be a very powerful weapon, just look at the many wars and conflicts, especially in islamic countries etc.

__________________
!
Ken-Kaniff is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #813
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

you don't need to shout

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #814
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,721
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
I mean HOW CAN WE KNOW THAT PRIESTS (pretty much RELIGION FANATICS) OF EACH TIME HAVEN'T CHANGED CERTAIN LINES TO THEIR INTEREST?!?
Did you really just use "priest" and "religious fanatic" interchangeably?

Saying all priests/pastors are anti-gay is as wrong a stereotype as anything else. There are entire denominations that support gay rights (and gay pastors, for that matter, my ex's fiance is in training to be one).

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #815
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Rhode Island Senate will begin streaming it's consideration of the gay marriage bill anytime now

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #816
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 23,824
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Same-sex marriage bill (also allows for same-sex adoption) goes through in France amid heavy opposition.

Opponents are looking at challenging in court, they'd have a month to do so before the law is enacted.
I'm surprised its meeting such heavy opposition in France.

None of the other European countries like Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain and Portugal had this much trouble.

__________________
King Of Strong Style
chamber-music is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #817
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,354
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-Kaniff View Post
But it's very funny that PRIESTS, PASTORS and so on, who are supposed to be spreading the word of God and what Jesus taught people, are actually doing exactly the oposite: they spread HATE, create CONFLICT and act like they must decide who is to be PUNISHED! I am not expert on this kind of stuff and religion that much but I thought it is known that only God can judge and people have no right in doing so especially when they all have their sins? So how can they be big believers and saints when they basically took matters into their own hands and manipulate religion however they want?
Not to beat a dead horse, but the Bible is pretty clear on male homosexuality and the punishment for it. All the Christian apologetics in the world don't undo Leviticus. So the fanatics are right, at least theologically.

But hey, it's not like we can just put a 2000-year old religion aside and go one with our lives. It's still relative, darn it!

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #818
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,721
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I'm surprised its meeting such heavy opposition in France.

None of the other European countries like Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain and Portugal had this much trouble.
Well Sweden, for example, is one of the least religious countries with one of the highest percentages of atheists on Earth, while France is pretty predominantly Catholic.

But then again, so is Spain, so that doesn't explain it entirely.

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #819
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,354
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Well, maybe it's a "only Nixon can go to China" thing. Spain is so Catholic they can get away with it.

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #820
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

So is anyone watching this? Either my network is ****, or there's is overloaded. Because it keeps buffering to the point where I can't watch.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #821
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

The Rhode Island Senate GOP have unanimously supported the gay marriage bill.

Making it the first gay marriage bill in the country to get unanimous support from both parties in one of a State's Houses, baring any opposition from the Dems.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #822
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
High school fires 19-year teacher after her same-sex partner's name appears in her mother's obituary:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/skarlan/high...ame-appeared-i
...this still really bothers me. It is a religious entity though, as shameful as the decision is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
The Rhode Island Senate GOP have unanimously supported the gay marriage bill.

Making it the first gay marriage bill in the country to get unanimous support from both parties in one of a State's Houses, baring any opposition from the Dems.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #823
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

The Rhode Island Senate passed it

Goes back to the House next week for a largely procedural vote, then off to the Governor who supports it. Marriages might be performed as early as August 1.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 04:27 AM   #824
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 23,824
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Well Sweden, for example, is one of the least religious countries with one of the highest percentages of atheists on Earth, while France is pretty predominantly Catholic.

But then again, so is Spain, so that doesn't explain it entirely.
Argentina is very catholic and has gay marriage as well.

__________________
King Of Strong Style
chamber-music is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 05:54 AM   #825
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,560
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Argentina is very catholic and has gay marriage as well.

I dispute that claim! Name one prominent Argentinian Catholic! I dare you!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.