The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #851
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 140,158
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
I think Wallace could have kept his kind of dim-minded comment to himself, but I also just kind of shrug. It's a molehill, to me, not a mountain, and trying to be the PC police doesn't help the movement, it gives ammunition to those who say we're trying to silence anyone whose beliefs go against homosexuality.
The thing was I don't think he was really saying anything that suggested he's against homosexuality. I'm sure many guys have asked the question as they try to comprehend something they don't understand and I dunno but maybe gay guys wonder "How can you want to have sex with a woman?" The thing here was that this bonehead tweeted his thought which makes him dumb as opposed to hateful IMO.

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #852
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,624
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The thing was I don't think he was really saying anything that suggested he's against homosexuality. I'm sure many guys have asked the question as they try to comprehend something they don't understand and I dunno but maybe gay guys wonder "How can you want to have sex with a woman?" The thing here was that this bonehead tweeted his thought which makes him dumb as opposed to hateful IMO.
i agree to that

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #853
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,624
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I thought she actually did get it pulled.

Some people are just so afraid of their own genitals.
i hadn't heard that for sure or not. But wow, didn't think people could be more prudish than people of the 1950s when it was first added to schools curriculum.

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #854
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney
 
RachelDawes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In a courtroom or tied up in a warehouse
Posts: 8,854
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

I think the earliest published version of Anne's diary had the more controversial parts censored out.

__________________
RIP Heath Ledger, the Best Joker Ever.
RachelDawes is offline  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #855
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,624
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I think the earliest published version of Anne's diary had the more controversial parts censored out.
possibly, but this "censoring the youth" is starting to go past the point of ridiculousness...

you never here about someone turning into a promiscuous person or killing people because they read a book

i really wouldn't be shocked if that woman lets her children read twilight, and she goes to sleep every night after reading a chapter of 50 shades...

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 12:48 AM   #856
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 19,490
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

People with this much sense of entitlement make me sick.

"Then no man shall!"

A teenage girl was curious about her hoo-ha. Le gasp.

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...




Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is online now  
Old 05-01-2013, 01:01 AM   #857
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,387
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

"Remember, it's ok to prick your finger, but don't finger your prick!"

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 05-01-2013, 01:02 AM   #858
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 72,334
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII


__________________
DS AND THE AGENTS OF
*L.A.M.E.*


H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is online now  
Old 05-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #859
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,871
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Rhode Island is on the verge of legalizing same-sex marriage tomorrow.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #860
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,387
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

The RI vote is expected to pass the House today, and be sent to the governor, who supports it. Will become the 10th legalized state, and be able to perform marriages as early as August 1.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 05-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #861
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 6,882
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

It's so frustrating talking to people that think legalizing gay marriage is the first step to forcing priests to marry gay couples. It's literally impossible with the separation of church and state yet when told that..."oh you'll see, they won't stop."

__________________
Sometimes to do what's right, we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams.
Poetic Chaos is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #862
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,387
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

and yet it's perfectly ok to deny churches the ability to perform gay marriages.

No hypocrisy there.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #863
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 72,334
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

"Why is everyone being so intolerant of our intolerance?! It's not fair!!!"

In a nutshell.

__________________
DS AND THE AGENTS OF
*L.A.M.E.*


H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is online now  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #864
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,871
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Rhode Island's legislature has passed gay marriage. The governor will sign it sometime tonight. Same-sex marriages will begin to take place in the state by August 1.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #865
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!
 
Anita18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 24,633
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
i'd argue the word "homophobia" doesn't really mean "OMG GAYS! RUN FOR YOU LIFE" kinda of fear to be fair. Yes, that's the direct translation of the word, but their is a sense of fear that goes along with it none the less....

-Fear of your children being gay
-Fear of the downfall of society
-Fear "the gay" will rub off on you
-Fear a guy may be attracted to you because of your lack of comfort-ability with your own self
-Fear that if "God" really made people gay, then the bible is wrong, and thus they fear that their belief system will come caving in because they're already too afraid to question their belief system (i say question away, it should test your faith and make it stronger). If the bible is wrong about homosexuality.. then "gasp" what else may it be wrong about?

so yeah... the term homophobia is very much in line. in-fact... fear and hate have alot in common.
I have a friend who would have a problem with her child being gay. But she'd also have a problem if her child wanted to be a nun or a priest - she wants biological grandchildren. I know, there's always using a surrogate, but I think the thought of that kinda creeps her out.

I do know some very nice people who are uncomfortable with it and not hateful, but I think they only need to be around more gay people, have gay friends, then it won't be so weird to them. That's why the gay marriage debate is starting to shift so quickly. Before, gay folks were "the other" but now everyone has a friend or relative who's gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Okay. So that's one less guy you have to compete with for the affections of all the beautiful women. I mean, ****, if he loves the ladies so much, you'd think he would be rejoicing and wishing he was the only straight man on earth.
I know, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The thing was I don't think he was really saying anything that suggested he's against homosexuality. I'm sure many guys have asked the question as they try to comprehend something they don't understand and I dunno but maybe gay guys wonder "How can you want to have sex with a woman?" The thing here was that this bonehead tweeted his thought which makes him dumb as opposed to hateful IMO.
Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
"Remember, it's ok to prick your finger, but don't finger your prick!"
I'll have to remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
Rhode Island's legislature has passed gay marriage. The governor will sign it sometime tonight. Same-sex marriages will begin to take place in the state by August 1.
YAY!!!!!

__________________
To relive the TDK virals (or learn more!) visit http://www.whysoseriousredux.com
Anita18 is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #866
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 14,715
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Just imagine if her kid becomes a gay Episcopal priest.

Thundercrack85 is online now  
Old 05-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #867
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 22,446
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Just imagine if her kid becomes a gay Episcopal priest.
"Mom, I'm gay."

"Your father and I have known all along. We still love you."

"I'm also an Episcopalian."

"Get out of our house! In this family, we reject the Elizabethan Settlement of 1559!"

__________________
If SHH was a toy store, and posters were action figures, someone like Sawyer or a Pink Ranger would be like 1 per case. (posted by Erzengel on 11.20.14)

~H.E.~
Pink Ranger is online now  
Old 05-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #868
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,024
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Great news about Rhode Island!

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:55 AM   #869
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero
 
LuisTX85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 15,672
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Awesome news for Rhode Island!

Is there a different thread for GLBT people?I think there was one and I remember it being way better than this one since there wasn't any political&religious talk as a main topic and that's why I don't like coming in here much!

__________________
I'm not bad nor good,I'm just rough around the edges!
LuisTX85 is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 02:05 AM   #870
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,387
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

There is, I believe.

This one is really just focused on gay marriage....and various other crazy things

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 05-05-2013, 02:09 AM   #871
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero
 
LuisTX85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 15,672
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Have a link?,Can't find it even after using the search

__________________
I'm not bad nor good,I'm just rough around the edges!
LuisTX85 is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 02:23 AM   #872
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 19,490
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...390451&page=29

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...




Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is online now  
Old 05-05-2013, 02:38 AM   #873
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero
 
LuisTX85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 15,672
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Thanx,I appreciate it!!

__________________
I'm not bad nor good,I'm just rough around the edges!
LuisTX85 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #874
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,387
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

The governor of Delaware is about to sign bill to legalize gay marriage bill.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 05-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #875
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,387
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Delaware is now the 11th state to issue same-sex marriage certificates.

Minnesota could become the 12th later this week. Vote is coming down to the wire.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.