The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #176
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,303
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Just the name alone is manly.
So is cream of wheat, though.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #177
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,131
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Steel cut oats are the only oat fit for a hetero dam it.
Actually, I think Steel Cut Oats was the name of a leather bar I once went to down in Portland, Ore.

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #178
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,303
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

I thought it was a band from Greenwich Village, NY.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #179
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,014
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
I thought it was a band from Greenwich Village, NY.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

SV Fan is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #180
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,131
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Now, let's not jump to conclusions, that could be one of those heterosexual shirtless cowboy bars.

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #181
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,303
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

No such thing as a shirtless cowboy......at least not in NY.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #182
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,131
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
No such thing as a shirtless cowboy......at least not in NY.
Well, right now it's so damn cold his nipples would fall off.

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #183
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 57,662
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Sorry guys, but there is censored language that we do not allow on the site on the page with the article. Maybe post the pic and article by itself....but we can't have a link to the page.

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #184
Snow Queen
Side-Kick
 
Snow Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,277
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights



Quote:
Oops.

Fox News had a story today about traditional gender roles in marriage except they made a teeny little accident — they used a picture of a lesbian couple.

Lela McArthur and Stephanie Figarelle’s wedding photo was the picture they selected. The ladies from Anchorage, Alaska should be pleased. They were probably the first gay couple shown in a positive light on Fox News. Sure, it was an accident. Although we like to think a little gay marriage fairy, if you will, snuck it by the producers of this segment.

Either way, pret-ty amusing.
Here's one without any censored language.

Snow Queen is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #185
Snow Queen
Side-Kick
 
Snow Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,277
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/0...bia/?mobile=nc

I don't even know what to say...

Snow Queen is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #186
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,303
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post



I say that if they don't allow gays at their prom, then they don't get to have a disco ball and punch at it.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #187
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,419
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Who'd want to go to Prom with them anyway?

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #188
Snow Queen
Side-Kick
 
Snow Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,277
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2638124.html

Protest: https://www.aclu.org/secure/stand-with-bayli

Snow Queen is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #189
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12,740
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Can you say law suit?

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #190
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick
 
amazingfantasy15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 12,323
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
Ugh, people like this just make me sick. That teacher should definitely be disciplined at least, hopefully fired.

__________________
Until Spidey and MJ are back together again, Make Mine DC, 'nuff said.
amazingfantasy15 is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #191
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,303
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Are they allowed to cite religion as being behind a decision over school activities?

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #192
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,265
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Not in a public school.

At least not Federally. The state laws may differ.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #193
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial
 
NickNitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Second Star to the Right
Posts: 8,226
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Church and State are always separated. This is a bunch of bull.

I can't wait in 50 yrs when we look back at this and we have the same thoughts as when we look back to African American segregation...the "are you kidding me?" thought that pops into our heads.

Which side of the fence will you say you were on?

As a Catholic I am happy to say I'm on the side of morality and common decency. Gays should be able to be miserable like the rest of us

__________________
Sir Bedevere: What makes you think she's a witch?
Peasant 3: Well, she turned me into a newt!
Sir Bedevere: A newt?
Peasant 3: ..... I got better.
NickNitro is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #194
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,303
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Share the pain.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #195
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 59,598
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...,5929022.story

Illinois approves gay marriage. I know Boystown is throwing confetti right now.

__________________
Being bored is for stupid people.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #196
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,265
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...,5929022.story

Illinois approves gay marriage. I know Boystown is throwing confetti right now.
It still has to get through the House.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #197
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 57,710
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

every step forward should be celebrated imo... people don't always have to come in and go "well it's not ____ yet" it's sorta like a debbie downer lol

every victory big or small.. is still great!

equality will be nation-wide soon enough

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #198
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,265
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

Except the claim was that Illinois had passed it, which it didn't.

If the post had been "Illinois Senate passes gay marriage", no issue.

It's not being a downer, it's being honest. And it's reporting it accurately, rather than giving false hope.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #199
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,303
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

http://youtu.be/sY502EGPyHc?t=16m20s


<sigh> So much ignorance, so little time.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #200
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,419
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights

If the PERSON who wrote Leviticus was alive today, he'd rightly be sued for inciting violence.


Last edited by Schlosser85; 02-16-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Schlosser85 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.