The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Books and Music

Old 02-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #1
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Default September 11 books

I was really interested in picking up some books on the 9/11 attacks,but there are so many to chose from that I thought I'd get everyone's advice. Which ones are the best? I'd like to get some books that really go into detail as to what happened that day(no fiction or goofy conspiracy books though). I was also looking to get just some picture books of 9/11 or even just pictorial books about the World Trade center themselves.
I've heard 102 Minutes is good. Any advice or opinions? Thanks!

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:48 AM   #2
JaD
Thriller Night

Default Re: September 11 books

Hmm, I couldn't make any recommendations, I do have a book called 'What We Saw', I believe it's put together by CBS News detailing that day through text, pictures & video. Doesn't describe anything leading up to and around it though. I also still have the TIME & Newsweek issues from that event. Still have the newspaper I believe as well.

I don't know of any literature out there on 9/11 that is actually considered the "best", I'm sure there's enough stuff out there that explains everything about it in and out.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #3
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Default Re: September 11 books

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
Hmm, I couldn't make any recommendations, I do have a book called 'What We Saw', I believe it's put together by CBS News detailing that day through text, pictures & video. Doesn't describe anything leading up to and around it though. I also still have the TIME & Newsweek issues from that event. Still have the newspaper I believe as well.

I don't know of any literature out there on 9/11 that is actually considered the "best", I'm sure there's enough stuff out there that explains everything about it in and out.
Thanks JaD. I guess what I mean by "best,' is anything really highly acclaimed. Books that deal with every detail of that day,no matter how tragic. From the events leading up to the attacks,to the plans of the terrorists before 9/11 and the attacks themselves,to the poor people who fell or jumped from the towers,to the heroic rescue and aftermath and the post 9/11 world. Everything.
I do know that TIME released a 10th anniversey book a few years ago,but I haven't checked it out yet. I do however own the 9/11 Memorial 10th anniversery book,which is beautiful.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote