The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Tech & Support

Old 02-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Windows security problems

I'm not sure why but I suddenly got a warning from my HP support assistant that my Norton anti-virus program, Windows Defender and my firewall were all off.

I tried to turn them back on manually but it didn't take, so I've downloaded AVG to cover the virus side and ZoneAlarm to cover the firewall.

However does anyone know how I can get the Windows firewall and defender back on?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Windows security problems

Restart?

That's usually what worked for me, I'd just restart the computer and it'd forget there was a problem. However, Windows doesn't like other programs so sometimes, it just makes sure that the other programs are doing their job so your computer doesn't slow down.

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #3
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I'm not sure why but I suddenly got a warning from my HP support assistant that my Norton anti-virus program, Windows Defender and my firewall were all off.

I tried to turn them back on manually but it didn't take, so I've downloaded AVG to cover the virus side and ZoneAlarm to cover the firewall.

However does anyone know how I can get the Windows firewall and defender back on?
If you have not solved the problem yet, try using this forum to solve your issues:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Thanks guys, at the moment the firewall situation is sorted and the AVG program is doing the job, but I am wondering should I uninstall the Norton software that came with the machine? as AVG and Norton seem to get in each others way at times.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Thanks guys, at the moment the firewall situation is sorted and the AVG program is doing the job, but I am wondering should I uninstall the Norton software that came with the machine? as AVG and Norton seem to get in each others way at times.
Its just a 60 day trial version of Norton Internet Security isn't it? I had about the worst time ever with the version of Norton Internet Security that came on my Windows 8 laptop, sometimes I would have to restart the computer to get it to work or just to update it & run a virus scan & then it would usually dump all my saved info from my computer on a daily basis. Now I have Norton Antivirus 2013 installed & my computer is working so much better with less problems.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Yes. You definitely should uninstall Norton. Abby time you have more than two virus protection programs, they will cause issues.