The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #526
JabarR
Side-Kick

Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallo View Post
Good KO match. Lord Alfred Hayes got a few welcome mentions tonight.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #527
NDX
The Ultimate Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
Put up or shut up, man. Put up or shut up.

If he doesn't, I will.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #528
Benstamania
Cool... But rude.

JBL talks about Bret Harts "shoot" comments on Triple H. Interesting read.

http://www.layfieldreport.com/Though...Commentin.news

Old 02-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #529
NDX
The Ultimate Loss

What was Hebner doing, looking for his ****ing wallet? Could that look any worse?

Old 02-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #530
MMMMM...Pancakes
DoubleChivas on the Rocks

Quote:
Put up or shut up, man. Put up or shut up.

I'll do it as soon as I get home! (On mobile)

***Wrestling Thread Crew***
Old 02-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #531
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Andino View Post
I'm very disappointed it's not in Madison Square Garden to keep the theme of every ten years returning to where it all began. I was worried they weren't going to do it with Mania being in Jersey this year. None the less I still had hope they'd do the right thing as far as tradition goes, guess I expected too much outta WWE again.
I guess Triple H's love of tradition only stretches so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Ahh, okay. I must have read it wrong then.

I wonder who Rock would be feuding with for SummerSlam...
A heel Orton might be a decent fit, especially if the plan is for an Orton win to lift him back into the spotlight, or Rock could be on a team against The Shield if they are still going strong, that way 5 guys get the rub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
No way in the world is Punk going to be the heel in a feud with Brock.

If given a choice between Punk/Ryback or adding Punk to the WWE main-event, adding him to the main-event is the smarter move. In New Jersey/New York, Punk would get cheered, Ryback would get booed out of the building, and might get a "You can't wrestle" chant. I can't imagine Vince wanting his new project to get that type of reception at the biggest show of the year.
It's a catch-22 for Vince IMO, he's pushing a guy who even the non hardcore cities don't really want to boo, I mean Punk is so good at being a heel he can rile them into some boos but they don't last, Just this week he was cheered at the start, managed to get some heat from his promo, but was getting his name chanted in the main event and got a pop when he won.

he's having to work way too hard to get heat because he was turned face by the fans and there was never any sense that the tide of support was turning against him when he was turned heel. So whichever match they put him in Vince is not going to get the reactions he wants in a city that is practically the Capitol of smarkville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Punk is just biding time for an early retirement. He must of gotten a really nice contract because he seems to go with the flow.
I know he's talked about it but I wouldn't be surprised if he signs a contract extension in 2016.

Quote:
If the Shield can beat the Cena's at the Elimination Chamber ppv it would put them into another category. I don't think they would look weak losing. It would kind of write them off before Wrestlemania though.
This is why I don't think this match is a good idea, The Shield have built up a lot of heat and a real sense of threat over the last 3 months and that should be maintained until Mania for the pay-off of them finally losing. However how do WWE put a bigger face team together for Mania than the one they are facing at Elimination Chamber?

Quote:
I live to close to New Orleans so it would be affordable for me to see WM 30 live. It does get in the way of tradition , but won't irk me as much. I just hope the lights don't go out. That happened to us at WM24 coincidentally.
I can certainly respect where you are coming from on this one.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #532
MMMMM...Pancakes

There it is...Good night sweet GF in fridge avi. Hello creepy Hogan's!

Old 02-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #533
NDX
The Ultimate Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM...Dounuts View Post
I'll do it as soon as I get home! (On mobile)
Aww, I was actually looking forward to using that, too.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:21 AM   #534
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I hate you.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-08-2013, 01:29 AM   #535
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Another good Impact when it's not in the Impact Zone. Also, the announcing was a little bit better than last week.

Wes Brisco's heel promo about Hulk Hogan makes lots of sense considering the history between his family and Hulk Hogan. How ironic for D-Von to say that 2013 will be the year of the Aces and Eights when he got thrown into the table at the end.

James Storm continues to be lost without direction and the Knockouts match was good as Miss Tessmacher continues to get better.

The X-Division match was good with an excellent finish and Rockstar Spud makes his first appearance on Impact by going over on Robbie E, who's breaking up with Rob Terry. I hope Rob Terry dances like Alex Wright.

The tag team title match was great and I'm glad both Bobby Roode and Austin Aries won the tag team titles. There's no way Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez are going over Roode and Aries because they're that good. The crowd was into Roode and Aries more.

The main event match was good as it was a rematch from Bound For Glory. The post-match celebration made it look like a big deal. I will bet that this will get the highest rating for its segment.

Also to note that TNA President Dixie Carter has announced that TNA has signed a new long-term deal with Jeff Hardy, which I'm glad because he's the reason I watched TNA since 2004. She also announced more dates and venues for Impact as well.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:31 AM   #536
MMMMM...Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDX View Post
Aww, I was actually looking forward to using that, too.
My sarcasm detecter is in the shop right now, so I'm not sure if you're serious, but if you really want this thing, then I'll pass it on to you.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #537
MMMMM...Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I hate you.
Sleep well tonight Hunter.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:53 AM   #538
NDX
The Ultimate Loss

Quote:
My sarcasm detecter is in the shop right now, so I'm not sure if you're serious, but if you really want this thing, then I'll pass it on to you.
I am being serious. I've got no problem sporting goofy avatars. Remember, I've voluntarily used Miz avatars. Of him eating a sandwich.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:55 AM   #539
Calavera
Side-Kick

i am loving nxt now for its new talent.

i cant belive they let pac (neville) do the things he does in there.

Oliver grey is also becoming a favorite of mine. reminds me of davey richards a bit.

and i love this brey wyatt gimmick now:

they are basically a family of crazies from louisiana. ala jesse custer's family from preacher. awesome stuff

Old 02-08-2013, 03:01 AM   #540
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
JBL talks about Bret Harts "shoot" comments on Triple H. Interesting read.

http://www.layfieldreport.com/Though...Commentin.news
Those are some good comments. I think it just further illustrates Bret's opinion is biased. I know Bret has a vast knowledge and many wrestlers he considers better than Triple H , but there's no denying H's star quality.

Quote:
This is why I don't think this match is a good idea, The Shield have built up a lot of heat and a real sense of threat over the last 3 months and that should be maintained until Mania for the pay-off of them finally losing. However how do WWE put a bigger face team together for Mania than the one they are facing at Elimination Chamber?
I suppose the only way not to bury them between now and Mania is to add another member. I don't know how'd they would make sense of it , but Orton could turn heel and be part of the Shield. In that case we could get a 8 man tag at Mania. I wouldn't look forward to it though because the match would only last three minutes. At least that's been the normal routine for the past couple Manias. However there might be some good storyline potential. I don't see them being associated with Punk and Heyman much longer. I am worried reading these reports about Punk vs Ryback for Wrestlemania though. It's a huge buzzkill.

Quote:

I can certainly respect where you are coming from on this one.
Thanks

Old 02-08-2013, 03:03 AM   #541
Calavera
Side-Kick

id rather they bring in a new guy from nxt for the shield. i dont want orton and his diarrhea inducing voice in there

Old 02-08-2013, 03:12 AM   #542
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post

Also to note that TNA President Dixie Carter has announced that TNA has signed a new long-term deal with Jeff Hardy, which I'm glad because he's the reason I watched TNA since 2004. She also announced more dates and venues for Impact as well.

Does this mean he'll dissapear from WWE.com's alumni section tommorow , lol. That's good news for TNA though as Jeff seems to be handling himself well. Also I read Jeff is doing DDPyoga to deal with his injuries.

Last edited by bullets; 02-08-2013 at 03:16 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #543
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallo View Post
Good KO match. Lord Alfred Hayes got a few welcome mentions tonight.

Man Rockstar Spud is small...but with a name like that I like him already. He's got good attitude.
I remember watching him in the indies in the UK years ago back when he was just Spud. Samoa Joe was on the same bill as him.

Spud was funny on BBC Three show Snog, Marry, Avoid.

Last edited by chamber-music; 02-08-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #544
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Quote:
Quote:
I am being serious. I've got no problem sporting goofy avatars. Remember, I've voluntarily used Miz avatars. Of him eating a sandwich.
Lol, let's all of us change our avatars to the creepy Hogans, just to melt Hunter's brain.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #545
Metallo
Evil Dead Re-Animator

Quote:
Wrestling Physics and the PED

by Kevin Kelly

February 07, 2013

Not that I’m breaking any new ground but Bill Simmons of Grantland.com is brilliant. Read this and then check back with me.

What separates me from Simmons is that I don’t care what athletes do to get back on the field or give themselves an edge. Now Bill mainly discusses the silent hypocrisy that prevents obvious thought in his sensational article whereas I just assume everyone uses PED’s and I don’t care if they do.

CM Punk claims to be straight edge. I don’t know whether he is or is not, nor do I care. I take him at his word. Lance Armstrong said he was clean and now said he wasn’t. Why did he have to lie? Stupid… If I want to have my own blood swirled in a witch’s cauldron and put back into me while midgets dance around fire, that’s my business. If everyone in cycling is doping, as is claimed by those who follow the sport, then Lance really is the best, right?

Just like the wrestling truism that if everyone is the same, then no one stands out.

This is a rarely-discussed philosophy under the banner of “Wrestling Physics”. The differences between rich and poor, happy and sad, good and evil, etc. are from where you get emotion at the elemental level. If a booker can set out intriguing matches between opponents who connect emotionally with the audience, the outcome of the matches can be more than just wins and losses.

I wonder if “Wrestling Physics” is taught at West Texas State University. That’s where Steve Corino is taking Broadcasting classes and he already has earned a Doctorate in Pro Wrestling Psychology. See his diploma at WorldofCorino.com. It’s a great school, attended by other wrestling legends like Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, the Funk Brothers, Dusty Rhodes, Tully Blanchard, Bobby Duncum, Ted DiBiase, Blackjack Mulligan, Manny Fernandez and Tito Santana.

If everyone is six-feet tall, then everyone is six feet and no one stands out. Isn’t the same thing true if everyone is seven-feet tall? The common way this philosophy is categorized in professional wrestling is “if everyone is seven-feet tall, then no one is seven-feet tall”.

I never understood Vince’s belief that permeated throughout the Developmental system for years. Everyone had to be over 6’3. Combine this homogenization with a nasty fear of commitment to new talent and the WWE has a lost generation because of poor talent development.

I am a big believer in having big and small, fat and muscular, old and young, etc. on a wrestling roster. You have to have contrasts, where available. Or at the least, don’t be afraid of the differences. It goes back to the prevailing wisdom of the Attitude Era.

“There is no Good or Evil… everyone is a shade of gray.”
So, if everyone is gray, then no one is gray. You have to have “good” and “evil”. Gray is the end result of the work of good and evil. “Good” stoops to some dirty levels to thwart “evil”. If everyone is a giant, than no one is a giant.

If everyone uses PED’s, then no one uses PED’s.
Class dismissed.

What do you think about PED Usage, wrestling physics or the alumni list of West Texas State University? Chime in on Twitter @RealKevinKelly.
Preach it, Kevin Kelly. Great article IMO. makes some good points.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #546
Slushy
ALWAYS Believe!!!

Even though Brock is best as heel, I can see history repeating itself here. As you guys have noticed recently with the attack on McMahon and before with Shawn's arm being broken, Lesnar was being disobedient to Heyman, which was the reason his manager turned on him 10 years ago.

Twitter: SlushyWWE
Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #547
Metallo
Evil Dead Re-Animator

Quote:
All this recent talk about Bret and Triple H is interesting and the funny thing is I actually think they'd have had a great match together if their primes had aligned.
I think everyone would agree. Yeah they wrestled each other before but HHH wasn't at his best yet. Brets exactly the kind of guy you put a heel HHH with.

I just don't think HHH's style is one Bret really cares for. If Bret had tore the house down with HHH he'd probably be singing a different tune about him. Then again this is the same guy that says Ric Flair wasn't so great either. Brets a good guy but he can be too critical especially when his personal feelings get in the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
ohh for the love of god come on, ok so taker cant wrestle at mania so they want punk vs ryback thats just ****ing inbred thinking and punk vs lesner ok thats better we can all get behind that....ohh wait lesners the face. how in the hell do you come up with that

seriously the idea of a heel lesner vs a face punk writes itself.
Lesnar's the natural heel in this. I just don't understand their thinking. I guess they want to use Brocks popularity to sell merchandise but why make the the guy thats not going to even be there most of the time the face? As a heel Lesnar can just come in and do terrible sh** to people from time to time. Doesn't have to be there as much.

I mean...its wrestling 101. Punk is the clear underdog. Lesnar is a monster. Its like they don't WANT Punk to be over as a face and just want to use him as a utility heel going forward. If Punks the heel does Brock go over? That would be loathsome to me.

The blooms off the rose for Punk and Ryback. It seemed to draw but its not like Ryback has gotteg to be a bigger deal since then. Doing it for the first time was the big hook. Just to see what would happen. Whats the hook now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
I think it's funny that they say "may suggest Brock turns babyface.."

Um..Am I the only one that thinks it may suggest that Punk turns baby face? Brock is more of a natural heel because he can't talk... I've always thought he was just a big bad ass heel...That's what I want him to be. You turn him face and you'll have to put a mic in his hand..And...Well...Yeah..
Right. I think Lesnar is underrated as a talker but he's not amazing. Like you say Lensars a monster. He'd have Heyman there to do his heel talking for him. Punk doesn't need Heyman to talk for him as much as Brock does because he's a better mic worker and he's there all the time. Heyman solves the problem of heel Lesnar not being there so why turn Brock face if Heyman doesn't turn with him? Brock turning and Heyman not means Heyman's useless as far as building up Brocks side of things. Punk can build his side himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Punk BETTER get himself into the WWE match. No one wants to see Punk being buried by Ryback as if the two would have been in a great match beforehand, we would have seen it at Hell in a Cell but we didn't; we saw Punk being tossed around by Ryback for most of the time.

I don't mind Undertaker not wrestling if he's really having some problems, but they need to do something smart with Punk for WM29.
Exactly. I think it just shows how out of touch and lazy creative and Vince are right now. They should have strong back up plans in place for Punk already

Quote:
For once I'd like to see the tradition and importance of the event to be put above Vince making a few extra bucks. To make it even worse New Orleans is not a City with a huge wrestling history.
I agree. WWE probably got some HUGE tax breaks and credits to consider New Orleans. Thats why they've gotten so much business in from various entertainment entities. Thats why so many WWE Studios movies have filmed down there in the years after Katrina.

Its less about making it "the biggest show ever" and more about WWE getting a steal of a bargain. Leave it to Vince McMahon to whore out the tradition he's talked so much about protecting at WM XXX. fitting title for the show. He looks like a huge hypocrite.

I'd be fine with another WM in NO but not that one. Ah well...maybe they can hold WM 31 at the Garden for the actual 30th anniversary instead of returning for every tenth one?

Quote:
I'd been thinking that Punk vs Roidback might end up being done as Punk has escaped him over and over so at some point he's going to put him over. I can't disagree with that in truth but any remote reason to watch Mania dies along with that choice.
True. And its also true the card is enough of a mish mash of rehashes as it is. Punk vs Ryback aint gonna put my a** in a seat at least.

Quote:
As for Punk vs Brock, that should be money, practically impossible to get wrong, harder to screw up than to get right unless...............They make Brock face.

Lets hope they remember The Shield are red hot right now and unlike the other 3 their essence is being a TEAM so they shouldn't be losing a TEAM match to 3 guys who have nothing to gain from winning.
This is the same creative team that made Hornswoggle Anonymous GM and wasted years of our time as an audience. None of us should be surprised.

Quote:
WrestleMania XXX? Nympho Libre already exists.
If this were still the Attitude Era Tylen Buck could unholster her major guns and make her hardcore wrestling return at WM XXX! A Val Venis co production of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
I've said this elsewhere that if WWE didn't consider TNA competition, they wouldn't try to block them out of arenas. It's not like TNA is going for the larger venues as their attendance range is 2,000-6,000.

WWE's probably trying to keep them boxed in as the niche promotion McMahon thinks they are before they can grow any more. As long as the stay a niche promotion he has no problem with them. His talk of not paying attention to them is clearly a lie. TNA is small competition just not much of a challenge right now.

I don't think they will ever be on WWE's level but they could offer a much better product one day and that could cut into WWE's audience a little or open them up for crticism at least a little. The same way ECW did when awarness of what they were doing grew. They were a niche promotion too but they were cutting edge and exposed just how out of touch and dated WCW and WWF were in the early to mid 90's. In the end WCW and WWF both ended up drawing on ECW's style to update their own sagging creative ideas.

Its easier for Vince to keep TNA boxed in as a smaller company that he can draw talent and ideas from instead of a growing company where the wrestlers might not one day feel as strong of a need to go to WWE. WWE's probably always going to be the top dream company for most guys but if TNA becomes a better alternative WWE could end up losing out more and more.

Vince's way has always been to stomp out and weaken any other company even if they are potential competition instead of full fledged competition. He did it with the AWA by stripping their talent away before they could build replacments and its one reason he bought WCW and ECW. Sure he got them for a song and can exploit the assets he gained in their buyouts for more money but its better that he do it (in his mind) than someone else. Don't want to take the chance on someone else turning those companies around again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Rapper Kendrick Lamar + Roids = Big E Langston

LOL! Its funny because its true! Thats dead on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Oh, Cena's getting booed regardless, and I can't imagine no one in WWE hasn't anticipated this. They might be okay with it. It's been what...8 years of Cena getting mixed reactions?

But Ryback getting booed and jeered at by the crowd at Wrestlemania? They can't want that.
Exactly. Cena always gets booed and he's probably closer to the end of his career as a full time peformer than he is to the beginning. But Ryback is their potential future star they've invested all this time in protecting. They don't want to ruin him by letting him get booed to hell at his first big Wrestlemania showing.

They've already made a ton of money off Cena. They stil want to make as much off Ryback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
Thinking back at wrestling memories I have/going through some of my wrestling DVDs&watching old clips on YouTube..I realize that WWF/E was never that great or was&is very overrated,I mean I've honestly been a wrestling fan since I was just 1yo But always thought WWF/E was the best in the world(except WCW)even though I was into different promotions growing up.

I've always thought the Golden Era was the best WWF/E era and still think so But as far as a wrestling company..NWA/AWA/WCCW/Mexico&Japan were truly better at the time IMO and then ECW&especially WCW and now TNA and especially the indies/Mezico&Japan are way better than current WWE.

I still care about WWF history and enough about current WWE to keep up with it(results&spoilers)Although I stopped watching since the Rumble and likely will be doing for a while,But I feel bad now for pretty much being a mark,I always knew Vince's company was more a circus than a wrestling pro option But I guess the fun&entertainment over the years blinded me
There's an element of rose colored glasses syndrome for everybody when looking at eras as a whole. Even during the high points there was plenty of crap. The Rock 'N' Wrestling Era wasn't ALL great. Neither was the Attitude Era.

With a company like WWE there's always some revisionist history to kind of make the bad points hazy and the great points even greater. Its the nature of a business where the goal is to manipulate perceptions and emotions.

WWF was always more about the "gagga" while The NWA territories were all more athletically oriented. In the 80's the Crocketts and WCW put out the superior in ring product. Where Vince beat them was spectacle. But saying what was "better" all depends on personal taste. Some people are more concerned with the in ring product while others prefer the spectacle and still there are others who want both equally.

Quote:
Lol, let's all of us change our avatars to the creepy Hogans, just to melt Hunter's brain.
If I changed my avatar to that photo of Hulk oiling up Brookes ass I don't think Hunter would survive. Its like Kryptonite to Superman. Or breathing LA air for Captain Planet.

Last edited by Metallo; 02-08-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #548
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
Does this mean he'll dissapear from WWE.com's alumni section tommorow , lol. That's good news for TNA though as Jeff seems to be handling himself well. Also I read Jeff is doing DDPyoga to deal with his injuries.
We don't know if he's going to disappear from WWE's alumni section, but yet it's true that Jeff Hardy is doing yoga thanks to his wife. It's for the better. Lately, Jeff Hardy has been in great matches with Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, and Christopher Daniels.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #549
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

CSR (BONUS): Mark Madden On Bruno, Undertaker Not At Mania & More

This is the real Madden, it's not so much that I think he's wrong on every point, it's the obnoxious and deluded way he puts his point over like some wise insider that is above all the fans he has such contempt for.

In reality he's a 50 year old guy who spent a cup of coffee as an announcer in WCW during their dying period who sucked so badly even TNA didn't hire him in the days when they hired anyone that had so much as sniffed TV time in WWF or WCW.Hewill be remembered as an irrelevant piss stain on WCW's legacy......if he's remembered at all.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #550
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Xavier Woods has knocked out Kassius Ohno teeth.

Closed Thread