The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #976
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Yeah but only one guy said that, the general response from the other wrestling journos was that Punk would go face as Brock likes being a heel and likes having Heyman do his mic work.
Punk-face, Lesnar-heel seems the most logical and sensible way to go, but we all know that Brosnar is the type of guy Vince loves, so I wouldn't put it past them playing it out with Brosnar the face and Punk the heel.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #977
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

Punk is the natural face in the feud as he'll be the underdog going against the monster Lesnar.

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #978
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
Either way, it sounds possible. WWE doesn't seem to be have a lot of cards to play post-WM, but Lesnar-Punk is something fresh.
It does seem like the biggest feud they can do, but I think they'll blow it if Brock is turned face, Punk can play either role but Lesnar is a pure monster heel and there's a much better story to tell with him, Heyman and The Shield opposite Punk IMO.

Hell, if Taker is that banged up why not do Taker/HHH vs Punk/Lesnar at Mania and start sewing the seeds.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #979
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Punk is the natural face in the feud as he'll be the underdog going against the monster Lesnar.
Not unless he has the Shield on his side.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #980
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Lesner shouldn't be a face, his skills on the mic aren't good enough now to go without paul heyman

Old 02-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #981
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Punk-face, Lesnar-heel seems the most logical and sensible way to go, but we all know that Brosnar is the type of guy Vince loves, so I wouldn't put it past them playing it out with Brosnar the face and Punk the heel.
The thing is Brock hates being a face and imagine the Punk vs Heyman promos? Plus even when Brock was full time Vince turned him back heel pretty quickly after the face turn had very mixed results, Brock's build is what Vince likes but facially he's a hard sell as a good guy.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #982
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
It does seem like the biggest feud they can do, but I think they'll blow it if Brock is turned face, Punk can play either role but Lesnar is a pure monster heel and there's a much better story to tell with him, Heyman and The Shield opposite Punk IMO.

Hell, if Taker is that banged up why not do Taker/HHH vs Punk/Lesnar at Mania and start sewing the seeds.
Helmsley will wnat his win back al to himself, so anything other than a one on one is a no go, I think.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:54 PM   #983
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Not unless he has the Shield on his side.
True. I just want this heel run over with lol.

Quote:

Old 02-11-2013, 11:55 PM   #984
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Helmsley will wnat his win back al to himself, so anything other than a one on one is a no go, I think.
Sadly you are probably right, Triple H's mantra is "Always do what is best for business........unless it involves me and my worked legacy."

Old 02-11-2013, 11:56 PM   #985
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
The thing is Brock hates being a face and imagine the Punk vs Heyman promos? Plus even when Brock was full time Vince turned him back heel pretty quickly after the face turn had very mixed results, Brock's build is what Vince likes but facially he's a hard sell as a good guy.
I agree with everything you say, but this is Mr McDaddy we're talking about here, and we all know how he can completely go against the brick wall of logic and sensibleness to do what he wants. I'm just saying it's not a distinct impossibility.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #986
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
True. I just want this heel run over with lol.
Lol, I hear ya'.

Quote:
Sadly you are probably right, Triple H's mantra is "Always do what is best for business........unless it involves me and my worked legacy."
QFT.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #987
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
Lesner shouldn't be a face, his skills on the mic aren't good enough now to go without paul heyman
Quote:
Plus Brock was made to be a heel. It's natural to him. The man was gone from wrestling for 8 years. Yet when he returned, it was as if he missed nothing. Why ruin that?

Old 02-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #988
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I agree with everything you say, but this is Mr McDaddy we're talking about here, and we all know how he can completely go against the brick wall of logic and sensibleness to do what he wants. I'm just saying it's not a distinct impossibility.
Oh I agree he's stubborn enough but I just can't imagine he goes against wrestling booking 101 on this one, plus I wonder if Brock has it in his contract that he stays heel and Vince might not want to expose Roidback's deficiencies by having Brock show how a great powerhouse face works.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #989
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh I agree he's stubborn enough but I just can't imagine he goes against wrestling booking 101 on this one, plus I wonder if Brock has it in his contract that he stays heel and Vince might not want to expose Roidback's deficiencies by having Brock show how a great powerhouse face works.
Let's hope you're right mate.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #990
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Let's hope you're right mate.
I'm not even religious but........*prays*

Old 02-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #991
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator

And does Brock's current in-ring style work as a face? He's more of a striker than grappler, and back when he was a face, he incorporated a lot of maneuvers in his comeback sequences.

The crowd obviously wants to boo Lesnar. And despite him doing a good job as a heel, CM Punk is still cheered as a face. It's a no-brainer. They could always make Punk a tweener and do it. Maybe.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #992
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Lol, I hear ya'.

QFT.
I mean Punk could kick a damn baby and still get his name chanted I bet.

Quote:

Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #993
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
And does Brock's current in-ring style work as a face? He's more of a striker than grappler, and back when he was a face, he incorporated a lot of maneuvers in his comeback sequences.

The crowd obviously wants to boo Lesnar. And despite him doing a good job as a heel, CM Punk is still cheered as a face. It's a no-brainer. They could always make Punk a tweener and do it. Maybe.
Great point, style-wise in the ring Brock is not suited to being a face these days, plus his merc attitude towards the business vs a guy who worked for $30 on the indies is ideal story material.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:10 AM   #994
OnTheAir
Papa Spank
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
if Taker is that banged up why not do Taker/HHH vs Punk/Lesnar at Mania
I saw this match suggested on another website. If they refuse to insert Punk into Rock/Cena, then I would be fine with this match as an alternative.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #995
bullets
bang bang

Sounds like a good RAW. I'm starting to watch now. Did they say the 6 man tag would be in an Elimination Chamber?

Old 02-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #996
bullets
bang bang

Damn , It's nice to see Natalya on RAW... oh wait , She's dancing with Khali and Hornswoggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post

*chants*
Thank you Cesaro! Thank you Cesaro! Thank you Cesaro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBatman View Post
Jericho wins EC , Ziggler cashes in at EC?
That would be perfect

Quote:

Heyman is still denying hiring The Shield and being behind Brock. They might try to make Punk actually be oblivious or blinded by Heyman's actions. The other angle could be the Heyman turns on Punk , but only because he's afraid of Brock. That would make Brock seem like more of a bully type of character.

Punk should be the face heading into the match or even a tweener. Brock becoming a face doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited by bullets; 02-12-2013 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:07 AM   #997
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post
I saw this match suggested on another website. If they refuse to insert Punk into Rock/Cena, then I would be fine with this match as an alternative.
Yeah, it's not exactly a marquee match in this day and age unlike in the past when a tag match between 2 top faces and 2 top heels could sell a PPV, but it should cover up any limitations, prevent Brock from getting pinned, allow Taker to appear and progress the Heyman/Punk/Lesnar angle as well as play off the fact Takerr and Triple H have been opponents the last 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
Sounds like a good RAW. I'm starting to watch now. Did they say the 6 man tag would be in an Elimination Chamber?
Nope, I think the brawl through the crowd will be used as the reason it's being made into a chamber match, hopefully they announce the stip at SD.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:09 AM   #998
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Quote:
Plus Brock was made to be a heel. It's natural to him. The man was gone from wrestling for 8 years. Yet when he returned, it was as if he missed nothing. Why ruin that?
This. Brock was meant to be a heel. Always has, and always was more convincing as one. It was the same with Triple HHH when he's not with DX.

I also agree that CM Punk is a much better face than heel. Not all wrestlers can be tweeners or switch so easily like Kane or Kurt Angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #999
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post

Scary how beastly he is.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:32 AM   #1000
bullets
bang bang

I barely remember Dutch Mantel , but I like this character. However I could see him getting cheers in different parts of the country. A manager might be the missing piece of the puzzle to get Swagger over.

Quote:
Nope, I think the brawl through the crowd will be used as the reason it's being made into a chamber match, hopefully they announce the stip at SD.
It seems like an excellent opportunity. There's a Best of War games dvd in the works , the storyline calls for it , and it gives The Shield plenty of opportunity to get the upper hand. I guess it depends on what type of finish they have worked out. It would be great if Maddox unlocked the cage for another guy to come in and wreak havoc.

Closed Thread