Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #326
spund
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post

Why would that require super strength? 2 people supporting the weight of 9 is 1 person supporting the weight of 4 & 1/2. Factor in that it's only for a very short period of time, the people in question having an adrenaline rush and the fact that the weight itself might be only 600-800lbs per person(or even less) then I see no need for super strength in the picture.
Hey man, If you have enough grip strength in 1 hand to support 800 lbs. of hanging weight for 10 seconds (or however long it is, probably more) then hats off to ya, that's pretty impressive

Old 02-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #327
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Having 13 people free falling with no parachutes having the where with all to stay calm and have them all fall in to line to begin with seems bad enough. But they didn't get into this situation consentingly, they've just been blown out of a plane from an explosion a moment earlier. Then there's the physics if it all that's a total head scratcher. Im cool with sci-fi and supeeheroes breaking the rules but civilians? I just imagine hearing circus music when I see the rehearsal video.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #328
spund
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
It's not 100% believable but then again neither are green rage monsters and magic hammers. I wouldn't worry about it so much.
The difference is that we watch the movie accepting the idea that green rage monsters and magic hammers DO exist in this world. Humans instantly having super strength out of nowhere doesn't make any sense.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #329
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Looks like this is another one for Mythbusters. Good luck Adam & Jamie.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #330
Fump789

Any ideas/specuations on who Stephanie Szoscask will be portraying??

Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #331
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by spund View Post
Hey man, If you have enough grip strength in 1 hand to support 800 lbs. of hanging weight for 10 seconds (or however long it is, probably more) then hats off to ya, that's pretty impressive

Keep the adrenaline factor in mind too. People move autos(weighing 4000+ lbs.) with the use of adrenaline. Gripping 6-800 lbs. for a few seconds doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #332
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

whoa 2+ pages of arguments about how Iron Man can possibly carry all those people to safety???? It's a movie folks, seriously please stop. I totally hate how a rich man can create a suit of armor with rocket boots and flamethrowers in a cave, and it's so ridiculous that a person was injected with a blue substance and became super human and survived 70 years in ice... screw Marvel, I'm out.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #333
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fump789 View Post

Bethany Cabe, maybe?

Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #334
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Any guesses as to what that shot of Guy Pierce looking over the edge of that dropoff is?
Aftermath of the malibu house destruction maybe.
Hall of armors?
The shot from the first trailer showing someone walking through some rubble barefoot seems to be Guy Pierce. So I would guess the shot from the superbowl shot is the same scene.
The Killian scene is atop a big crane at a shipping dock. They filmed it around the Wilmington dockyards at night back in July.

The barefootin' scene, I would guess, is Tony; RDJ recently described shooting a scene where he had one gauntlet blown off and one boot blown off and he was having to adjust to that. I think it's part of the "snow crash" scene we see in the trailers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fump789 View Post
The latest rumor says Bethany Cabe. Seems reasonable enough, and the guy who posted it over at 4-chan --- said he saw a rough cut --- had a lot more spoilerific stuff that all made sense. I'm not bothering to spoiler-tag it, because it's still conjecture at this point, and meant to be taken with a grain of salt. But that's where my money is, anyway.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #335
Fump789

Quote:
Bethany Cabe, maybe?
Oh that sounds right, for awhile it seems like everyone was hoping on the wasp

Old 02-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #336
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
whoa 2+ pages of arguments about how Iron Man can possibly carry all those people to safety???? It's a movie folks, seriously please stop. I totally hate how a rich man can create a suit of armor with rocket boots and flamethrowers in a cave, and it's so ridiculous that a person was injected with a blue substance and became super human and survived 70 years in ice... screw Marvel, I'm out.
This is the whole point of these boards.

Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #337
spund
Side-Kick

Quote:
Keep the adrenaline factor in mind too. People move autos(weighing 4000+ lbs.) with the use of adrenaline. Gripping 6-800 lbs. for a few seconds doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility.
That is true, I suppose I can go with the adrenaline idea. Gotta have some suspension of disbelief for entertainment after all

Old 02-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #338
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
This is the whole point of these boards.
Is that topic really considered speculation? he grabs a few, they all lock hands with the other free fallers, and are safely dropped into water. Discussion over, no need for gripes about weight and other factors.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #339
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Is that topic really considered speculation? he grabs a few, they all lock hands with the other free fallers, and are safely dropped into water. Discussion over, no need for gripes about weight and other factors.
It's just a discussion. No need to take it so seriously. People are only wondering if it will look believable onscreen. No real drama involved.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #340
spund
Side-Kick

Quote:
But it's fun to discuss the logic of this stuff, that's why a lot of us post here. Just having a friendly debate, man

I could totally pick apart the logic of what you just said there too BTW but I don't think it'd be fun for you, so I won't.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #341
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

No everything's game for discussion and it's all been civil or are you new to a forum. We're all fans and we're all excited for this. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #342
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
It's just a discussion. No need to take it so seriously. People are only wondering if it will look believable onscreen. No real drama involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spund View Post
But it's fun to discuss the logic of this stuff, that's why a lot of us post here. Just having a friendly debate, man

I could totally pick apart the logic of what you just said there too BTW but I don't think it'd be fun for you, so I won't.
eh, sorry for overreacting haha. I guess I personally just don't see a problem with how the scene will look, I think it will be believable for sure. (at least in the terms of how it is filmed, physics and other things aside.)

Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #343
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
No everything's game for discussion and it's all been civil or are you new to a forum. We're all fans and we're all excited for this. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
I'm not new here just don't post too much, my panties are not in a bunch it just seems like one of the sillier discussions I've come across. All the angst over a 2 minutes scene in the movie seems silly, but hey I guess that's just me.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #344
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

No harm, no foul. Right, everyone back to picking the movie apart as usual.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #345
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

It's pretty crazy how a few small things that will feature in this movie are going to have such large resonating effects on what will be coming in future phase 2 and possibly phase 3 movies. ( stozak as either wasp or cabe seems to send the future plots into two totally different directions, possible U.l.t.r.o.n. a.i. system cameo, as well as whatever Tony's personal outcome with Mandarin could change his stance towards a Civil War type story or the whole 'Illuminati' thing being discussed.) This film is really going to kick things off in so many ways, and probably more plot points I can't even think of.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #346
spund
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not new here just don't post too much, my panties are not in a bunch it just seems like one of the sillier discussions I've come across. All the angst over a 2 minutes scene in the movie seems silly, but hey I guess that's just me.
Yeah same here, as you can see I joined back in 2005 but went for years without posting. I can relate, I see people discuss stuff all the time in forums that seems pretty silly and it can be hard to hold my tongue...and I admit sometimes I can't, then end up with my foot in my mouth later lol. We all say stuff we wanna take back sometimes, nobody's perfect

Old 02-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #347
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?

Hey, LokiD said that someone has said or convinced him that Szoscask is playing Brand or someone like hat. Anyone think SWORD may somehow be involved? Just a thought.

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #348
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Hey, LokiD said that someone has said or convinced him that Szoscask is playing Brand or someone like hat. Anyone think SWORD may somehow be involved? Just a thought.
I believe he said a Brand/Cabe mixture type character.. I guess it makes sense introuducing SWORD with the whole cosmic route that is forthcoming. But I don't know what to believe anymore, I think I'm going to stick to only listening to what Marvel reps come out and say, don't need to make myself look foolish any more haha

Old 02-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #349
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

It's a comic book movie. Discussion over.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #350
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

The latest rumor says Bethany Cabe. Seems reasonable enough, and the guy who posted it over at 4-chan --- said he saw a rough cut --- had a lot more spoilerific stuff that all made sense. I'm not bothering to spoiler-tag it, because it's still conjecture at this point, and meant to be taken with a grain of salt. But that's where my money is, anyway.
Well if it is her, I hope her character hasn't been ruined. She's my personal favourite of Tony's girlfriends. Why would she even be seemingly attacking Stark in that way? That's as out of character for her as it is for Wasp. Cabe is the one who helped Tony beat the bottle the first time round. Her hair doesn't look correct for her either, unless they've drastically changed it. It's never been short.

Closed Thread