The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #776
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

I'm outta here.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #777
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post

My vote for post of the week right there
seconded

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 02-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #778
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

is all this sexist stuff over now?

Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #779
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

From me at least yes... I think we're ether too entrenched in our opinions or can't understand the others opinion to be able to debate it properly... So I'm backing off. Apologies for derailing the thread so soon after my return.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #780
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
is all this sexist stuff over now?
probably not until we get more news unfortunately

[=]
Old 02-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #781
protocida
Side-Kick

Killian has green veins in Lego set. Killian Extremis?

Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #782
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Suggesting that Killian needs Extremis to be a threat is sexist.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #783
protocida
Side-Kick

Goddammit, Crimson King!

Old 02-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #784
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Old 02-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #785
Juicy J
Side-Kick

I've been trying to avoid this section of the forums for a while cause I don't want to be spoiled for anything come May 3rd.... but that being said, does anyone get the distinct impression that this'll be the best Iron man yet?
I mean yes, every time Marvel Studios has released a trailer I've been blown away and have been one of the first to sing it's praises, but there's something about this third installment that has me convinced that Marvel is now focusing on raising the bar after the Avengers.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #786
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

That plane scene alone gives me that feeling. Although Iron Man is still one of my favorite SH films of all time. It'll be hard to dethrone that one for me at least.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #787
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

I'm certainly getting that feeling based on the footage we've seen. It doesn't hurt that everyone involved seems really confident too. In interviews leading up to IM2, people like Favs were going "Oh yeah, two years is a short time frame, but we're just gonna try making it bigger and better and see how the audience takes it." Whereas during the SDCC footage you could just see Feige, Black, and RDJ giving each other mental high fives the whole time.

edit: Not that IM2 was bad or anything, but the difference in quality is noticeable. I have fairly high expectations for this one; hope it doesn't disappoint.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #788
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Oh good we're done with the silly sexist discussion, lol.

The fact that RDJ called IM3 the best script he had read in years really gives me hope that this will be the best IM yet. Although, the first IM is extremely hard to beat.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #789
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

This is so freaking rediculous. Rescue is part of Iron Man's history, like it or not. If they choose to use it outright, or just have Pepper borrow the suit for a bit, it doesn't matter.

Secondly Pepper doesn't have to know how to fight, I'm sure Tony would figure out a way to have Jarvis operate the suit and protect her.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #790
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

moving along, and not to create a new contraversy, but one thing I want to know about this movie is if they will incorporate the plot twist invoving Maya . Clearly Killian plays a bigger roll as the bad guy, then he does in the comic. In fact he wasn't really a bad guy in the comics, he'd realized he'd created a monster and killed himself. But just due to that change it doesn't mean that Maya may have helped out Mandarin in the first place

Old 02-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #791
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post

Secondly Pepper doesn't have to know how to fight, I'm sure Tony would figure out a way to have Jarvis operate the suit and protect her.
which, of course, means that everybody could wear a Stark Armor and it is nothing special. you don't have to be a genius or a skilled pilot, just wear that stuff and a computer programm does the rest. Kinda destroys everything that makes Tony Stark special. He's just the guy who invented the software and the hardware, nothing more.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 02-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #792
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
which, of course, means that everybody could wear a Stark Armor and it is nothing special. you don't have to be a genius or a skilled pilot, just wear that stuff and a computer programm does the rest. Kinda destroys everything that makes Tony Stark special. He's just the guy who invented the software and the hardware, nothing more.
Well, in a way. The thing is operated primarily by regular movement and thought w/assistance from Jarvis. I'm mean it's not like the interior is outfitted with thousands of buttons, dials and switches you have to remember.

You could make the case that there's so much sensory information that only a savant like Tony or a trained and experienced pilot like Rhodes would really be able to handle the thing. I dunno if it's ever really been explained. It's comics!

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #793
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #794
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
um so your argument is basically now "that's the way it's always been done, and that's the way it should remain... predictable and the same"
Again: Lois Lane. Mary Jane Watson. Betty Ross. Jane Foster. Iris West.

Where's the "Rescue Armor" brigade for them? Are you, or any of your cohorts, queuing up to suggest that comic book writers or moviemakers start giving *them* special protection, too? All of *those* Significant Others face an even worse rogues' gallery than anything that was ever thrown at Tony Stark. Start picketing the writers for those characters and demand special protection for them; then we'll start talking about Pepper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
This is so freaking rediculous. Rescue is part of Iron Man's history, like it or not. If they choose to use it outright, or just have Pepper borrow the suit for a bit, it doesn't matter.

With a username like yours, I'm assuming you've read the Iron Man comics quite a bit. If so, you know full well that the circumstances under which comic book Pepper got the Rescue Armor are very different from what you're suggesting for movie Pepper. Pepper got the Rescue Armor in a story that was an exact ripoff of Tony's own origin story; is that what you want to see? Shrapnel in Pepper's heart, an arc reactor, joining the Avenger Initiative as Hera, going out superheroing, the whole nine yards? As a reader of the Iron Man comics, you're also well aware that the whole Rescue Armor concept was so despised by fanboys that Matt had to write it out last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post
I've been trying to avoid this section of the forums for a while cause I don't want to be spoiled for anything come May 3rd.... but that being said, does anyone get the distinct impression that this'll be the best Iron man yet?

I mean yes, every time Marvel Studios has released a trailer I've been blown away and have been one of the first to sing it's praises, but there's something about this third installment that has me convinced that Marvel is now focusing on raising the bar after the Avengers.
Yes, I think this will be the best Iron Man movie by far. Looks like Shane Black is getting ready to knock this one out of the park.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #795
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
What's the trouble, bubble?

Quote:
Pepper got the Rescue Armor in a story that was an exact ripoff of Tony's own origin story; is that what you want to see? Shrapnel in Pepper's heart, an arc reactor, joining the Avenger Initiative as Hera, going out superheroing, the whole nine yards?
Holy ****ing ****, how many times does it have to be explained THAT NO ONE IS ASKING FOR THIS?

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #796
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

I'm really interested to see how many armours are present in the film. I hope we see a lot, the whole iron legion but I don't want him to wear all of them. I'd be happy if he just wore the one suit, but from what I've heard he wears 3, which isn't too bad. I'm mainly excited to see the next phase kick off and look for any clues to where this phase will take us.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #797
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

I suspect we may see a fair few different suits, but Tony only using two or three. I could see them having something like the toy package, with a load of different suits lineup in the 'wine cellar' but they're only really there in the background as a nod to the comic designs.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #798
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
I tend to agree, which is why I'm not a fan of Rhodey having a suit. That being said, Extremis allows for Tony to control multiple suits at the same time, so it's not like it's "everyone gets a suit!" It's more like someone can have a suit on them that Tony controls. I don't think he loses his specialness that way.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #799
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Again: Lois Lane. Mary Jane Watson. Betty Ross. Jane Foster. Iris West.

Where's the "Rescue Armor" brigade for them? Are you, or any of your cohorts, queuing up to suggest that comic book writers or moviemakers start giving *them* special protection, too? All of *those* Significant Others face an even worse rogues' gallery than anything that was ever thrown at Tony Stark. Start picketing the writers for those characters and demand special protection for them; then we'll start talking about Pepper.

With a username like yours, I'm assuming you've read the Iron Man comics quite a bit. If so, you know full well that the circumstances under which comic book Pepper got the Rescue Armor are very different from what you're suggesting for movie Pepper. Pepper got the Rescue Armor in a story that was an exact ripoff of Tony's own origin story; is that what you want to see? Shrapnel in Pepper's heart, an arc reactor, joining the Avenger Initiative as Hera, going out superheroing, the whole nine yards? As a reader of the Iron Man comics, you're also well aware that the whole Rescue Armor concept was so despised by fanboys that Matt had to write it out last year?

Yes, I think this will be the best Iron Man movie by far. Looks like Shane Black is getting ready to knock this one out of the park.

Peter Parker can't give MJ spider-powers (and to his character.. he never would) not only that, but MJ would love being a hero to much that he wouldn't want her in harms way (pepper has made it clear that she doesn't like violence and would never "fight" ), Superman can't give lois lane kryptonian powers (or he probably would if he could). Tony stark is a billionaire who has the means to protect those he loves (bruce wayne does the same exact thing with children. He trains them and equips them to fight) and to protect the one he loves.. he gave her armor (THE VERY THING HAPPENED IN THE COMICS) I do not see why you do not understand this concept.. you don't have to like it, but you really should try to understand it because you sound pretty jaded saying "giving her armor makes him sexist" especially when women themselves are telling you you're wrong.

[=]
Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #800
Godsfireworks
Arch Duke of Anemone

all I know is that I'm going to be disappointed if there isn't a legitimate Unibeam blast in this movie. Like seriously, I want it to be powerful enough to level a building.

Proud Member of GOSA (Geyser Observation and Study Association)

Follow my adventures:
http://godsfireworks.blogspot.com/
Closed Thread