Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #201
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Where is this from again? I remember seeing it before but I forget from where...

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 AM   #202
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Where is this from again? I remember seeing it before but I forget from where...
The website

http://marvel.com/ironman3

Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 AM   #203
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I like this theory, sans the uber leadership part. Banner just isn't the leader type, and while Hulk can lead by sheer of example of his brute power, it wouldn't last.
I imagine Hulk as a reluctant leader, seeing as how he'll possibly have his forces with him when he comes back to Earth. Since he's inexperienced in leading, I thought him using some of the skills he's picked up from Cap would make sense. Whether that is a subconscious or conscious decision by the Hulk would be up to Marvel.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:01 AM   #204
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I never said Hulk would beat Thanos, just that he'd go primal on him and in doing so, would become an increased danger to the world around him. Even then, you're making assumptions based on what you've read in the comics. Now from what we've seen so far in the MCU, we know that is not always the case.
well you made it sound like he would beat thanos down lol.

and again, it's not always the case. but they won't run away fom the source material.

we saw a 400% powered Ironman still hardly holding his own against Thor.

Thanos stood with Odin for like 10 pages. In the MCU, yes, it's not the case. But they won't do that. They made it clear, thor was above ironman, just like the comics. Thanos won't get beat down by hulk 1 on 1.

I know they can change things from the comics, but this difference is big enough, they just won't do that.

it would be like ironman at normal power getting the better of thor in their fight

Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #205
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Thanks man.

But I could have sworn I had seen that clip of Iron Man landing on the pad before (and it's not me having flashbacks of his intro in IM2 either). Maybe I'm just imagining things.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 02-04-2013, 01:04 AM   #206
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
well you made it sound like he would beat thanos down lol.

and again, it's not always the case. but they won't run away fom the source material.

we saw a 400% powered Ironman still hardly holding his own against Thor.

Thanos stood with Odin for like 10 pages. In the MCU, yes, it's not the case. But they won't do that. They made it clear, thor was above ironman, just like the comics. Thanos won't get beat down by hulk 1 on 1.

I know they can change things from the comics, but this difference is big enough, they just won't do that.

it would be like ironman at normal power getting the better of thor in their fight
Yeah, true. I think it will take them all to defeat Thanos.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #207
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Yeah, true. I think it will take them all to defeat Thanos.
yeah exactly. They can change tihngs, and certainly have hulk give him a good fight fist to fist, no power ups, no shielding, but overall, Thanos is WAY to smart, and way too powerful.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 AM   #208
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

the mayimbe scoop story on cbm.com comes up with an attack site warning when you click on it. how bizarre.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 02-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #209
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
yeah exactly. They can change tihngs, and certainly have hulk give him a good fight fist to fist, no power ups, no shielding, but overall, Thanos is WAY to smart, and way too powerful.
Definitely. What do you think about the Hulk being sent to a galactic prison that's been established by the GOTG, but on the way the ship is knocked off course and lands on Sakaar instead?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #210
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Kevin Feige saying Planet Hulk and WWH are possible last SEPTEMBER!

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/09/21...e-kevin-feige/

Seriously, THERE IS NO SCOOP! Feige referenced all this several months ago.

Says they could do a new Hulk movie but wouldn't do another one until after Avengers 2!
Thank you. I knew I wasn't crazy.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #211
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

The more I watch the rescue scene the more I fall in love with it. Visually it looks flawless but the music and just the whole task of Tony having to use his ingenuity once again to save all these people has me at the edge of my seat and my heart pumping.

That music especially is damn good.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #212
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Old 02-04-2013, 01:24 AM   #213
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
meanwhile the rest of them are trying to stop thanos from trying to destroy the universe. and as he said, his teammates may have to subdue him...Thanos gets beat by hulk single handidly, but the avengers are able to temporarily subdue hulk? while they couldn't stop thanos? not too sure this route will work
It's easy to fool Hulk in his blind rage. All they'd have to do is trick him into getting in a space pod and ship him out. Or maybe Thanos will have opened another wormhole and they can get him to go through that. They don't have to subdue him, just trick him like in the comics.

Quote:
I imagine Hulk as a reluctant leader, seeing as how he'll possibly have his forces with him when he comes back to Earth. Since he's inexperienced in leading, I thought him using some of the skills he's picked up from Cap would make sense. Whether that is a subconscious or conscious decision by the Hulk would be up to Marvel.
I don't think Hulk will be the one leading the army to Earth. I think Hulk will be involved in something bigger and used as a pawn by the real antagonist...if this is true.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:25 AM   #214
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
The more I watch the rescue scene the more I fall in love with it. Visually it looks flawless but the music and just the whole task of Tony having to use his ingenuity once again to save all these people has me at the edge of my seat and my heart pumping.

I don't think I can properly judge it yet. Looks all cut up.

Quote:
That is damn sexy.

What I like about this, is how it seems to be a strong progression on the Suitcase suit and the Mark VII in terms of how Tony armors up.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:26 AM   #215
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Definitely. What do you think about the Hulk being sent to a galactic prison that's been established by the GOTG, but on the way the ship is knocked off course and lands on Sakaar instead?
actully I think that's the best way to do it. It attempts to still tie everything together

Quote:

me too. it's like a perfect super hero moment

Old 02-04-2013, 01:26 AM   #216
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
It's easy to fool Hulk in his blind rage. All they'd have to do is trick him into getting in a space pod and ship him out. Or maybe Thanos will have opened another wormhole and they can get him to go through that. They don't have to subdue him, just trick him like in the comics.

I don't think Hulk will be the one leading the army to Earth. I think Hulk will be involved in something bigger and used as a pawn by the real antagonist...if this is true.
Who do you think the antagonist will be?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:27 AM   #217
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane52630 View Post
At least you didn't say it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane52630 View Post
also if anyone want some nice wallpapers...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 02-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #218
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Who do you think the antagonist will be?
I don't even want to predict that, too far down the line...but for the sake of sport

We know The Inhumans are in the works...if the Inhumans are happening then logically that leads us to the Kree.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #219
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
actully I think that's the best way to do it. It attempts to still tie everything together
Yeah, same thing I thought.

Another thing I'm wondering is if Beta Ray Bill or SS will get to make a cameo in Planet Hulk. If it's Beta Ray Bill, will he have already been introduced in a Thor movie? Personally, I think there's other people they could use besides Bill or Surfer.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #220
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
I don't even want to predict that, too far down the line...but for the sake of sport

We know The Inhumans are in the works...if the Inhumans are happening then logically that leads us to the Kree.
I really wanted to see Ultron.

Or Kang.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:37 AM   #221
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

100x100 avvys for anyone to use.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #222
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
100x100 avvys for anyone to use.

Awesome, great work as always.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:44 AM   #223
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
me too. it's like a perfect super hero moment
It really is. It sets up an action piece where our hero actually has to use his wits on how to save these people. It's rare when that perfect balance is struck but Black really seems to be going for it with this one.

The music and the whole set up is just perfect.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2013, 01:46 AM   #224
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
I really wanted to see Ultron.

Or Kang.
I don't think those are natural progressions of the story the way the Kree are. Even though the movies don't completely adapt the comics, what they do do is splice a bunch of the elements together and follow a certain development line, so to speak. So, the way I see it, in the comics when Thanos first appeared he attempted to use the Cosmic Cube to wipe out Titan and conquer the Earth. We've already had the MCU version of that. After that, he wanted to please Death so he got the Infinity Gauntlet and killed half the universe. At the end of Avengers we already got the line about fighting humans is courting Death.

So in A2 I'm figuring he'll come in and kill a whole bunch of people and get taken down by the Avengers. If Hulk were blamed for that somehow, it would match up with Hulk being accused of killing hundreds of people in Ultimates 2, by the way. So moving from that, the next cosmic event after the Infinity Gauntlet was Operation: Galactic Storm which involved the an intergalactic war between the Shai'r, Kree, and Skrulls that spread to Earth. WWH can easily be rolled into that along with other plotlines.

But like I said, that's far out.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:46 AM   #225
Danalys
Sol Invictus

Quote:

imagine if when hulk gets to sakaar instead of the villian from the comic it was red skull there ruling over a planet.