Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #51
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Also, rumors say that in addition to the bigger eyes and "Gnarly" webshooters, the costume is, overall, more classic.

What that exactly means is anyone's guess.
I hope that only means perhaps a belt or a redesigned mask. I was very okay with the TASM suit, especially the redistributed stuff in the gloves area.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 02-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #52
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Make the eyes slightly larger. Get rid of the leg strips. Add some amount of a belt. That's all I need to be happy, though by the end of the first movie, I really couldn't complain about the suit as is.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #53
Arrowhead
Webhead

I hope we get the official title very very soon.

1. The Spectacular Spider-Man (TV) 2. Arrow (TV) 3. Batman: TAS (TV) 4. The Dark Knight 5. Batman Begins 6. The Wolverine 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8. The Avengers 9. Spider-Man 2 10. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Old 02-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #54
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Me too. And I hope its The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 02-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #55
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

https://twitter.com/MarcW/status/298...567361/photo/1

Old 02-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #56
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i wouldn't be suprised if its given a different title, i mean if you look at what marvel is doing we have iron man 1,2 and 3, but captain america and thor have different sequel names and we have already had spiderman 1,2 and 3 so webb may want to give any sequels a title that will get peoples attention

wouldnt surprise me is they used the ultimate spiderman or the spectacular spiderman

Old 02-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #57
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
Interesting. I wonder if this is just random room dressing, or if this is an actual prop used by a character.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #58
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i wouldn't be suprised if its given a different title, i mean if you look at what marvel is doing we have iron man 1,2 and 3, but captain america and thor have different sequel names and we have already had spiderman 1,2 and 3 so webb may want to give any sequels a title that will get peoples attention

wouldnt surprise me is they used the ultimate spiderman or the spectacular spiderman
I have a feeling they'll leave "Ultimate" and "Spectacular" for future trilogies/reboots. I don't care one way or the other though; the title means little to me.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #59
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
I don't want Bagley eyes. They look fine on paper, but in real lfe? No thanks.

What about Ultimate Spider-Man eyes? I don't think the eyes are going ot take up 70% of the mask like in the comics but when you say "more traditional" and "bigger eyes" I do think Ultimate Spidey.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #60
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Are you talking the comic or the cartoon? The former has huge eyes as well. I actually had an Ultimate Spider-Man comic pic in that post, but it was deleted. Don't know why.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #61
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

"SPECTACULAR" or "SENSATIONAL" would be the best title choices for the new film. Although, I remember seeing several critics deeming the first film as 'anything but amazing' or calling it 'mediocre.' Hell, a lot of posters on here do that as well.

They need to change the gloves to its normal red color and black webbing, give Spidey a giant spider on his back, change the spider emblem on the chest so it variates from Raimi's films, no more basketball-looking boots, and the eyes could be a little bigger and wider, but I more was frustrated by the gloves and boots than anything.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #62
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Web of Spider-Man!

Please.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #63
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I don't see why this shouldn't be the sequel of the title.

Leave The Spectacular Spider-Man for a next reboot, which would be a dream come true if it felt just like the TSSM cartoon.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #64
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
"SPECTACULAR" or "SENSATIONAL" would be the best title choices for the new film.
But then what would they call the reboot 15 years down the line? Lol, I wouldn't be surprised if they're taking that into account.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 02-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #65
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
I want it to have a subtitle like every other Marvel movie is doing these days. The Amazing Spider-Man: <Insert Subtitle Here>

Quote:
Are you talking the comic or the cartoon? The former has huge eyes as well. I actually had an Ultimate Spider-Man comic pic in that post, but it was deleted. Don't know why.
The comic. Specifically this:

Just little smaller.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #66
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
"SPECTACULAR" or "SENSATIONAL" would be the best title choices for the new film.
I'm thinking Sensational, because he kind of is a sensation now. It would deal with the fact that he's really famous and all these supervillains come after him, i.e. the need for Electro and Rhino.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #67
socool
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
Foxx said that he was being fitted for "bolts"...maybe this is what he was referring to. Maybe this is part of Electro's creation.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #68
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick

do you think we would see the Venom Symbiote in this movie since it was referenced in the game.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #69
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I really wouldn't mind if if the title was The Amazing Spider-Man 2. That's I would personally go for.

I also just realized that 2014 will be a Marvel-only competition. There won't be any DC movies coming out but Marvel will have TASM 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy. These are the movies that will be competing.

I expect TASM 2 to be the best comic book movie of 2014 and I will be angry with Webb if this won't be the case. Since the year will have an all-Marvel competition, there is no reason why Spider-Man shouldn't have the best movie. This may sound a bit fanboyish of me but I think it will be a complete embarrassment for Marvel's most iconic and most popular character to not have the best comic book movie of the year.

The Avengers being better than TASM in 2012 was an exception because it was an ensemble event with different characters that has been built up for years while TASM was a reboot and had to redo certain things like the origin. However, now you got rid of the origin leaving you with the chance to tell a complete Spider-Man story and all the other Marvel movies coming out in 2014 will also be just solo superhero stories. And yes, I know that the X-Men and Guardians are teams but they're the equivalent of having a solo superhero story because they're not an ensemble-team that brings together popular characters from the Marvel universe like how the Avengers and Justice League are so they don't count.

I don't think there ever was a year with more than 3 Marvel movies coming out and with no DC movies coming out. If there was, Spider-Man didn't have a movie coming out in that year. This will be Spidey's biggest chance to shine and to prove himself. I have no doubt that he will most likely beat the rest at the box office but I want him to have the best movie too. Captain America, GotG, and even X-Men beating him in that category would be the equivalent of a Batman movie losing to a Green Arrow or Aquaman movie. Nothing against characters any of these characters. They're all great characters but Spidey being Marvel's top dog should beat them all.

TASM was a well done movie that established the universe wonderfully but now Sony has to step up their game and make the awesome epic-in-scale Spider-Man movie we all want that blows everyone's minds away. Bring it on, Webb . Spidey's status as Marvel's #1 rests in your hands.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #70
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

No contest. X-Men sucks in the box office. Cap and GotG may or may not do well, but beat Spidey? No way.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #71
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I'm not just talking about box office money. I want Spidey to beat them all both financially and critically. I think it will be embarrassing for Marvel's most iconic and popular character equal to Superman and Batman in those categories to lose to any of those movies in 2014 in any way, either financially or critically.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 02-05-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #72
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
Foxx said that he was being fitted for "bolts"...maybe this is what he was referring to. Maybe this is part of Electro's creation.
That was my first thought upon seeing that picture.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 02-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #73
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Make the eyes slightly larger. Get rid of the leg strips. Add some amount of a belt. That's all I need to be happy, though by the end of the first movie, I really couldn't complain about the suit as is.
Def agree so long as the belt does not end up using the ugly design from the video game. Other than that, even if zero changes were to be made to the suit, I really have no complaints. I thought the new suit looked fantastic in the movie and the colors were spot on.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #74
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
No contest. X-Men sucks in the box office. Cap and GotG may or may not do well, but beat Spidey? No way.
Actually, now that Bryan Singer has returned as director and is finally adapting DOFP(sentinels!)it stands a strong chance of attracting more crowds than TASM2. I also just think DOFP is going to be the better movie for the time being.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #75
itsleroy
Side-Kick

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWH YEAH.

Yeah.