The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

View Poll Results: Who is Colm Feore playing?
Norman Osborn 27 27.00%
Vulture 37 37.00%
J. Jonah Jameson 11 11.00%
Other 25 25.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #101
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Colm Feore - Who is he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
So Rhino and Electro are there.There's Lizard from the first movie,Goblin will eventually come it
This guy looks tailor made to play Toomes

I hope they arent thinking about sinister six
Why not a Sinister Six? If they find a way to build up to it, that could be epic.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #102
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post

does everyone even understand why the question is even up for debate?

if Feore is Osborn, who was the man in the shadows?
The man in the shadows can still be Osborn. They did the same thing with Sherlock Holmes. Moriarty made a quick appearance in the first one, but he wasn't played by Jared HArris who played him in the second movie. The same thing is going to happen with Thanos. Whoever they got for 2 minutes in the makeup is not going to play Thanos when he gets real screentime

Old 02-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #103
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

thing is... this

looks nothing like this

not that it means much as it could be a younger osborn in the 2nd picture

but i still think Massee looks more like the actor playing harry osborn then Colm Feore does

Old 02-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #104
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i know everyone wants norman to be in this film but maybe he isn't? pehaps as people say he faked his death or just doesn't appear

BUT... perhaps maybe makes an appearance at the end or even mid end credits to a surprised harry

Old 02-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #105
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Maybe Feore is Robbie Robertson

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #106
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
Did anybody mention that this guy could be playing Eddie Brock Sr?
With the rumors of the symbiote possibly being in this, it could be possible that they'll explore the plot where Peter and Eddie's fathers worked together.
Was just about to post this. I think he's Eddie Brock Sr.

I don't think Norman will even be in this movie. Just mentioned and maybe a brief scene like in the first movie(without seeing his face).

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #107
SM71
bending unit

Whoever he is, I hope he's playing just the man behind a supervillain pre-accident. I love the idea of establishing these characters, Toomes, Octavius, etc, and introducing them into the universe without actually having them being a villain or main antagonist in the film. I never understood why cbm's, especially ones that knew they would be a multi-film franchise, didn't do this more often. It can lend so much more depth and weight to the characters and villains than just having their story begin and end in one movie. Even just how they merely mentioned Norman and teased him without showing him was really interesting to me and really gets me excited for the future installments. I think it's a really cool idea and I hope that's what they have in mind for this trilogy

Old 02-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #108
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I think I'm 70% certain Feore is Toomes now.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #109
SM71
bending unit

^ I think that would be the most interesting/best way to go. Would be super pumped about this universe they're creating if I found out that's who he's playing

Old 02-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #110
SM71
bending unit

I know everyone's disappointed about the Lizard's lack of development and depth, as was I originally. But I've come to realize that movie was solely about, as it should be, Peter Parker and his development. It's a really small, intimate movie about a big icon. I've heard people's wishes and suggestions about additional back story for Connors such as alternate plans and his family, and as much as I liked that idea, I honestly don't think it's a movie I would have prefered to see than what we got. just my opinion

I think Webb will do a great job handling villains from here on out, and if they exist solely to serve the story of PP/Spidey, I'm ok with that./ Bring on TASM2

Old 02-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #111
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I think I'm 70% certain Feore is Toomes now.
Why?

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:04 AM   #112
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Am I the only one who never liked the idea of Massee being Norman? He looks way too crazy on the outside. I never picture Norman looking like that. Green Goblin? Yes, but some green on Massee's face and he looks like a great Gobby. But not Norman.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #113
FVD
Jolly Loves You

I think it would be silly if they introduced Norman Osborn in TASM3. Be better to build up his character in this movie and have him act like he does behind the scenes etc. We could still have that Green Goblin reveal at the end of this movie. I mean what's the point of having Harry in the movie and no Norman? Doesn't seem right if you ask me.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #114
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

I don't get a Norman Osborn vibe from him at all.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #115
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I think Feore could play Toomes... another scientist working at Oscorp. Maybe he stole some of Max Dillon's ideas or something?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #116
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I don't want Toomes to be scientist from Oscorp. Having every villain be from Oscorp is boring.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #117
Rise_-
Side-Kick

I still don't think Massee is Norman.

Rise_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #118
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Why?
It just makes the most sense to me.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #119
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
I don't want Toomes to be scientist from Oscorp. Having every villain be from Oscorp is boring.
If it makes you feel any better, I imagine it will just be the initial trilogy that is Oscorp-centric. Once Osborn goes itll be free reign with miscellaneous villains.

Mysterio, Chameleon, Kraven. I doubt any of these guys will have even heard of Norman Osborn.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:27 AM   #120
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Why not a Sinister Six? If they find a way to build up to it, that could be epic.
Com'on
6 against 1 is too cartoonish

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #121
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Com'on
Not if he's using the symbiote.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:01 AM   #122
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
I know everyone's disappointed about the Lizard's lack of development and depth, as was I originally. But I've come to realize that movie was solely about, as it should be, Peter Parker and his development. It's a really small, intimate movie about a big icon. I've heard people's wishes and suggestions about additional back story for Connors such as alternate plans and his family, and as much as I liked that idea, I honestly don't think it's a movie I would have prefered to see than what we got. just my opinion

I think Webb will do a great job handling villains from here on out, and if they exist solely to serve the story of PP/Spidey, I'm ok with that./ Bring on TASM2
While there's really no origin CBM that can give true development to the film's villain as the film pays the most attention to the hero and the "coming of age" tale of a boy/man becoming a superhero, Dr. Connors/Lizard is given one of the worst development that I've seen in an origin film for a villain, but also...with the talk of the first film just being one part of an origin anyways, it begs me to question on why Connors isn't even given more development since the first film isn't even all about the origin of Spider-Man.

Quote:
Com'on
I'm very back and forth with the idea of 6 vs 1. It can definitely feel "cartoony", but the kid in me just thinks it would be ****ing fantastic as well

One thing I would never understand is just how Sam Raimi would ever do the Sinister Six, as he talked before, when his Spidey couldn't even handle Venom and Sandman by himself.

Quote:
Not if he's using the symbiote.
No symbiotes please, lol.

Although, Black-suited Spider-Man vs the Sinister Six in TSSM was such a great episode.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:54 AM   #123
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I'm very back and forth with the idea of 6 vs 1. It can definitely feel "cartoony", but the kid in me just thinks it would be ****ing fantastic as well
The way Spidey took out the sinister six twice in TSSM was really creative and fun to watch
I am not sure Webb has it in him,not to mention its difficult to do in live action and as I said,could look cartoony

But what the hell,The final fight in TA looked cartoony to me and people loved it

Quote:
One thing I would never understand is just how Sam Raimi would ever do the Sinister Six, as he talked before, when his Spidey couldn't even handle Venom and Sandman by himself.
Sam Raimi is one of the best for Action scenes,the fight scenes would have been great,no doubt about that

Quote:
No symbiotes please, lol.
Although, Black-suited Spider-Man vs the Sinister Six in TSSM was such a great episode.
My favouraite in the one vs Venom at his School,That episode was crazy

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #124
Valkyrje
Monstah Lobstah

Venom was better in TAS imo.

Valkyrje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #125
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
The way Spidey took out the sinister six twice in TSSM was really creative and fun to watch
I am not sure Webb has it in him,not to mention its difficult to do in live action and as I said,could look cartoony

But what the hell,The final fight in TA looked cartoony to me and people loved it
Yah...the final fight was ridiculously awful, lol, but I don't think we can say a Sinister Six vs Spidey fight would be cartoony just because of the OsCorp Tower fight.

Quote:
Sam Raimi is one of the best for Action scenes,the fight scenes would have been great,no doubt about that
Oh, he's great with action scenes, no doubt about that, but Raimi couldn't let his Spidey take on two villains at once...his Spidey could never deal with six at once.

Quote:
My favouraite in the one vs Venom at his School,That episode was crazy
That and Spider-Man's final fight with Green Goblin were probably the very best in TSSM, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zece View Post
Venom was better in TAS imo.
Only the look, imo. The development of Eddie, the hatred over Peter Parker/Spider-Man, the evil nature of Venom were all better in TSSM I think.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote