The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #351
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well the great thing about MOS is that we'll have the same actor playing the character both before and after he put on the costume.

When we were introduced to Reeve for the first time on the screen, he was already Superman; we never got to see Reeve play the character during his wandering years.

So when we see Cavil play the character as he goes on that journey, it'll make a bigger impact on the audience when he finally makes it to the end since the audience would have started out with him first.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #352
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cavill was great at the BAFTAS.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 02-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #353
robmx522
Banned User

thats exactly right i love what you said ...this take on superman is like he's superman all the time the suit and clark persona are just gimics ...there is no flip of a switch where he goes from goofy to gladiator hes allways superman

Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #354
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
But could Michael Shannon *fight* in that suit? I doubt it.

At any rate, you might be jumping to conclusions a little too quickly. Yes, we know that Zod's armor will be CGI in the fight scenes, but I think his armor will be real in the nonphysical scenes. If you look at the picture released by Empire magazine, the suit looks very, very real. I don't think it's CGI:

This approach (i.e. real suit for dialogue scenes and CGI suit for action scenes) is certainly not unprecedented. The Iron Man movies are shot in exactly the same way, from what I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I still think Shannon's CGI suit something else cause Shannon said the armour was big n that it had to be done in CGI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
Yep, I don't think we've seen the cgi armor yet
What on god's green earth are you guys talking about?

That is clearly the CGI armor.

This/That

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

couldn't possibly be done practically and still allow for the actor to do fight scenes, etc. It's kinda like what RDJ said about the practical IM armor. He couldn't wear it in every scene and still be effective as an actor. Hence why he wore a mocap suit for most of his scenes and only wore partial bits of the armor in some scenes. Shannon didn't even have that luxury though.

Shannon himself already said that, to his dismay, he NEVER had a practical armor to wear.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 02-10-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #355
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

That suit can easily have a helmet attached to it. Why you guys are thinking we haven't seen the cgi suit yet is beyond me.

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #356
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
That suit can easily have a helmet attached to it. Why you guys are thinking we haven't seen the cgi suit yet is beyond me.
The same person that described the Zod emblem 1 year before and turned out to be true, said that the Zod armor has a helmet similar to the Prometheus helmets.

I think there is indeed a real suit, but in the fight scenes the suit will be CGI.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #357
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Example?
Not sure about all his movies but Watchmen was pretty terrible.

Spill

Old 02-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #358
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
The same person that described the Zod emblem 1 year before and turned out to be true, said that the Zod armor has a helmet similar to the Prometheus helmets.

I think there is indeed a real suit, but in the fight scenes the suit will be CGI.
Again. Shannon himself said THERE WAS NO PRACTICAL SUIT.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 02-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #359
robmx522
Banned User

i loved watchmen

Old 02-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #360
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Not sure about all his movies but Watchmen was pretty terrible.
no it was'nt

Old 02-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #361
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Well, I think the issue is that suit worn by Zod in the statue seems a good deal smaller in scale than the armor seemed in the shot of Zod and Superman flying at each other in the trailer. Also, statue Zod has a cape whereas trailer Zod does not. So those details point to Zod possibly wearing too different sets of armor in the film.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #362
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
no it was'nt
Makeup?

Spill

Old 02-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #363
Project862006
Banned User

ahh my bad thought you referred to movie

i get defensive over watchmen

yeah make up was kind of bad on gugino but it looked fine on Jefferey dean morgan

Old 02-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #364
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post

It's possible there is a practical suit as well, and the way the neck is designed it looks to me that you could attach a helmet to it.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #365
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
ahh my bad thought you referred to movie

i get defensive over watchmen

yeah make up was kind of bad on gugino but it looked fine on Jefferey dean morgan
yeah, but you can't blame ****** makeup on a director....he's not in the makeup trailer putting the makeup on the actors. So when people complain about makeup and blame it on a director I don't see their argument at all

Old 02-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #366
Liam_H
Side-Kick

What? Are you saying the director has no say how the makeup should look? Even if it looks terrible he has to go with it?

Spill

Old 02-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #367
Project862006
Banned User

why are we talking about age make up again?

it is pretty common that age make up never looks good or convincing on a young actor
but i think the age make up looked solid on matthew goode in watchmen

Old 02-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #368
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
What? Are you saying the director has no say how the makeup should look? Even if it looks terrible he has to go with it?
Sometimes you may just have to. When you're on a schedule and don't have time to redo...yeah, you go with what you got I guess

Old 02-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #369
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Sometimes you may just have to. When you're on a schedule and don't have time to redo...yeah, you go with what you got I guess
Can't accept that reason even if it is what happened. And I'm pretty sure Watchmen had plenty of time to shoot.

Green Lantern was rushing to finish its effects shots but its still not acceptable.

Spill

Old 02-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #370
Naite22
Side-Kick

Didn't I read somewhere, sometime, that a couple of people had seen an early cut of the film. And they weren't too happy with it???

Old 02-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #371
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
Didn't I read somewhere, sometime, that a couple of people had seen an early cut of the film. And they weren't too happy with it???
what...

Old 02-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #372
robmx522
Banned User

i read where some producers watched it and thought it was amazing

Old 02-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #373
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
i read where some producers watched it and thought it was amazing
Source?

Old 02-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #374
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Lets not cause meltdowns without actual sources.

Spill

Old 02-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #375
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Ya'll reading all these things from all these places. lol

Closed Thread