The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #426
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
that was awesome yeah he sounds like the ball is allready rolling with justice league also
Seems the opposite of that.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #427
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
It's not just a belt buckle...the design is cool too. I think it does the job of the trunks
I agree, sure at first I was upset that the trunks were removed, but really, thats the only big change.

The suit is still pretty well the same, it could use a little red in the middle to break up all the blue sure, but I've grown to like the movie suit, currently my favorite suit of all the new suits (DCnU = 3...4 if you include Earth 2, Smallville comic = 3, Injustice = 2)

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 02-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #428
Project862006
Banned User

wb's problem is they are pretty terrible when hiring writers lol

Old 02-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #429
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I think they should wait for avengers 2 or 3 before going

Old 02-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #430
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
I agree, sure at first I was upset that the trunks were removed, but really, thats the only big change.

The suit is still pretty well the same, it could use a little red in the middle to break up all the blue sure, but I've grown to like the movie suit, currently my favorite suit of all the new suits (DCnU = 3...4 if you include Earth 2, Smallville comic = 3, Injustice = 2)
Yup, Man of Steel suit is my favorite and I was a little disappointed at first but quickly got over it

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #431
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So, assuming if Zod's supposed robot army looks anything like this, what are your thoughts then on its look and design?

Old 02-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #432
titansupes
Side-Kick

Except for the shoulders and colour (pictured it black, and the shoulders rounded) it looks exactly as I imagined.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:19 AM   #433
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Should have been a robot spider darn it.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-11-2013, 12:20 AM   #434
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Should have been a robot spider darn it.
Well if Zod's ship looks anything like this, we may still get something like that in the film.lol

Old 02-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #435
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Bwahahaha.

Jon Peters can finally rest easy. I had no idea it was going to look like that. Perfect.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 02-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #436
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Robot characters; giant spider-like machines, Superman's suit with no trunks, civil war on Krypton, several Kryptonian characters and mythology, and a character that was portrayed as primarily Caucasian within the comics only to be portrayed as a different ethnicity for the first time in the film...

wow, if I didn't know it any better, I'd say that MOS took liberties from almost every failed superman project that came before it.lol

Old 02-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #437
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

It sure seems that way...if it works, I'm not against the idea

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #438
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Iron Monger.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:28 AM   #439
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
So are you saying... It could be true
yes it could be true that someone told him that WB didnt like the cuts. what wrong with that?

Old 02-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #440
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Didn't Russell Crowe say in a previous interview that Thomas Tull, one of the heads of the project was supposedly thrilled with what he's seen of the film?
you mean the Russell Crowe who is IN the movie and was promoting MOS when he said that?
Peter Sciretta is a writter for a movie site.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:32 AM   #441
Project862006
Banned User

so? he didn't even see a screening of the movie

Old 02-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #442
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
If the vast majority of the Superman action scenes are CGI, that early cut must have been without most of the action given when it was viewed. I can't imagine it had much if any of the entire 3rd act. Plus all the Krypton stuff probably wasn't done. Honestly, what could they have been watching? Clark hitch-hiking and fishing in Alaska? To best honest, those non-action scenes look incredible in the trailer.
what is this? what kind of a post is this? why wouldnt they watch the early cuts with previz 3D scenes for effect shots? WB has the script so they know what happens in the movie. they evaluated the edit. how the pacing,acting and music works.

and why would they even watch early cuts without action? MOS was filmed in 2011. which means that from may 2012 until december 2012 they had cgi action scenes in their early cuts.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:36 AM   #443
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
you mean the Russell Crowe who is IN the movie and was promoting MOS when he said that?
Peter Sciretta is a writter for a movie site.
Well if he didn't like it then he didn't have to answer the question in the way that he did; I mean based on how Russell answered the question, he went a good deal to explain exactly on what Tull had told him regarding his (Tull's) opinion of the film.

On another note, I do hope that the robots translates well on screen since I'm not the biggest fan of their current designs.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:38 AM   #444
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

The eye pattern on those robots is slightly reminiscent of Brainiac.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:40 AM   #445
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well if he didn't like it then he didn't have to answer the question in the way that he did; I mean based on how Russell answered the question, he went a good deal to explain exactly on what Tull had told him regarding his (Tull's) opinion of the film.

but he is an actor. its his job to like everything from his movie when answering questions in interviews. its like every job on this planet. the worker can not bash their product.

even when you get an actor bashing the movie you then find out that the movie was decent. James Franco and Planet of the Apes. of course he was IMO high when he said that.

Last edited by dark_b; 02-11-2013 at 01:50 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:46 AM   #446
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
The eye pattern on those robots is slightly reminiscent of Brainiac.
Good catch.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 02:03 AM   #447
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
wow, if I didn't know it any better, I'd say that MOS took liberties from almost every failed superman project that came before it.lol
Does seem like it. I wonder if WB demanded that Goyer worked all that into the script somehow? If so, then

Old 02-11-2013, 02:07 AM   #448
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Good catch.
indeed, they look similar to Brainiac's ship

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 02-11-2013, 02:07 AM   #449
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Does seem like it. I wonder if WB demanded that Goyer worked all that into the script somehow? If so, then
I think they were in such a rush to get a script together that they probably suggested Goyer to take as many aspects from past throwaway scripts to shorten the amount of time spent on it.

Batman Begins has a bit of that with the Aronofsky/Miller script but on a much smaller scale.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 02:08 AM   #450
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
On another note, I do hope that the robots translates well on screen since I'm not the biggest fan of their current designs.
Well, if the Superman design in the same package is anything to go by, it'll look slightly different in the movie. Less clunky and cartoonish. That's what I hope at least.