The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #551
robmx522
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

so whats the deal with this part of the movie

Old 02-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #552
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Me too...as Ice Cube said, you better check yourself before you wreck yourself cause shotgun bullets are bad for your health!
word

Old 02-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #553
protocida
Side-Kick

^ Faora demands that Superman and Lois are surrendered to Zod's forces, and Colonel Hardy is forced to comply.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #554
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
word
to your mother

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #555
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #556
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
to your mother

Now I declare myself as the big daddy kane
The teacher, teaching a lesson to be heard
That's word,to the mother my brother

Nah, no my brother
No my sister
Try to get hip to this
Word, word to the mother

Yo man - Let's get out of here! Word to your mother!

Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #557
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
^ Faora demands that Superman and Lois are surrendered to Zod's forces, and Colonel Hardy is forced to comply.
That..or Superman and Lois decided to have a wedding ceremony in the middle of the desert in order to avoid the Paparazzi and have military soldiers acting in as guests and guards to the event.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #558
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
That..or Superman and Lois decided to have a wedding ceremony in the middle of the desert in order to avoid the Paparazzi and have military soldiers acting in as guests and guards to the event.
seems legit

Old 02-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #559
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
I mean you gotta have a witness to the wedding....

Old 02-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #560
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

On another note, given the fact the US Military has to resort towards making an agreement with Zod's forces, I can only assume that Zod does something beforehand that shows that he has the advantage and made an example out of something to show on what would happen should they not comply.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #561
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Probably destroying a good portion of Metropolis.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #562
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

yeah my money is on he destroyed half of Metropolis...

Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #563
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
I'm sure lots of us have the pics saved anyway,and I'm thinking they may release that pic sooner rather than later,I can see that pic being used in loads of cinemas.
I'm on of them. lol I really do wish they would release that officially it's amazing!

And if they do... I hope they fix that fist.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Last edited by The Shield; 02-11-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #564
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
so whats the deal with this part of the movie
There are things you're...not seeing here...

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #565
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
There are things you're...not seeing here...

exactly...Superman checking out Lois with his x-ray vision

Old 02-12-2013, 01:02 AM   #566
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

That shot will likely feature the BZ in the background in the next trailer.

And weird story with that manip. I actually thought it was just that, because even though it was good there were some less good elements.
But when you looked at the rest of his work this one really stuck out, so that should've been a hint really. I noticed that, but didnt really think more of it.

Irony will be that the REAL version will be less good. IF WB even releases it now. They probably wont.

Last edited by Rust; 02-12-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:33 AM   #567
dark_b
Side-Kick

you know whats the best part that the image is real? that there is now a big chance that WB will use it for promotion.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #568
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

On another note, I wonder if MOS will be the first Superman film that is considered to be a great film from start to finish as opposed to past Superman films.

From what I gather, while many still love and adore the past films, especially the first two, people have always had with the way that the first two end, with one being the turning time around and the other being the mind wipe kiss. The remaining films from SIII to SR were considered to have problems from start to finish.

So it'd be nice to finally break this trend where a majority can enjoy seeing the film from start to finish, especially where we don't have to go WTF? at the very end of it.lol

Old 02-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #569
protocida
Side-Kick

Quote:
On another note, given the fact the US Military has to resort towards making an agreement with Zod's forces, I can only assume that Zod does something beforehand that shows that he has the advantage and made an example out of something to show on what would happen should they not comply.
Faora and another Kryptonian, Kelor, attack the air base and kill a lot of people.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #570
Smallville13
Side-Kick

On the whole MOS using elements of past failed Superman movie projects (spidery ships, Kryptonian war) I think it all comes down to the character. None of those are bad ideas as long as Superman is properly represented. This was the problem with SR, the action sequences were great, it's just Superman wasn't there. Not the Superman we know and love. We have to be able to identify with him and see how noble and honest he is, not make him an alienated stalker who hardly even speaks.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #571
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Faora and another Kryptonian, Kelor, attack the air base and kill a lot of people.
also, dnt forget the images of the crashed/destroyed planes in smallville. i'm not saying that has anything to do with this image, but it could.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #572
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
On the whole MOS using elements of past failed Superman movie projects (spidery ships, Kryptonian war) I think it all comes down to the character. None of those are bad ideas as long as Superman is properly represented. This was the problem with SR, the action sequences were great, it's just Superman wasn't there. Not the Superman we know and love. We have to be able to identify with him and see how noble and honest he is, not make him an alienated stalker who hardly even speaks.
Well at least we don't have the Gay Robots and Polar Bear Guards at the FOS since I doubt that anyone could make those concepts work in a Superman movie.lol

Old 02-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #573
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
On another note, I wonder if MOS will be the first Superman film that is considered to be a great film from start to finish as opposed to past Superman films.
Superman the Movie is considered a great film from start to finish? Even with the "Turning back time" resolution?

Old 02-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #574
X Knight
Straight Edge

so what did I miss??

some pics got leaked then pulled??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #575
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

I fail to see how people don't like Superman: The Movie...

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Closed Thread