The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #801
Frodo
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well , that's good to hear. Hopefully this will give WB incentive to hold their horses on JLA a bit and give Snyder/Nolan/ Goyer, a chance to make a couple Superman sequels.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #802
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemeres View Post
well, that's nothing but a rumor, i'm not gonna believe what one journalist says, he's probably biased and has been since the very beginning, he hates the idea of the reboot and no doubt wants to torpedo it. I'm gonna make up my own mind when it comes out in june, thank you very much.

Wait, wait. He said it was... good?

Well, in that case...

lmao!!!

Old 02-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #803
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Yeah, it's definitely getting harder and harder not to give into the assumption this movie is going to be perfect... I mean, I want to be guarded and skeptical... but I just can't!
I have so uchfaithin this film, tbh I have since Cavill was cast

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #804
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Same thing was said about TDKR, and good buzz for GL before it hit....

I've learned my lesson.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 02-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #805
protocida
Side-Kick

The Dark Knight Rises is as good as The Dark Knight to most people.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #806
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post

I've learned my lesson.
Yep, me too.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #807
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
The Dark Knight Rises is as good as The Dark Knight to most people.
Most people that don't share my name

Old 02-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #808
DKDetective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Most people that don't share my name
Also, Titanic, Avatar, and Transformers 2 are among the highest grossest movies of all time. That doesn't say much for the movie tastes of most people.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #809
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

Sweet jesus. Yeah, right, Titanic and Avatar are the worst movies on Earth. The Cameron hate is getting annoying, stupid backlash because his movies make a ton of money and are so popular.

Cameron knows how to do blockbusters RIGHT, he is one of the greatest directors ever, deal with it.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #810
DKDetective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Riggins View Post
Prior to 1995, Cameron knew how to do blockbusters RIGHT, he was one of the greatest directors ever, deal with it.
Fixed that for you.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #811
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:

I've learned my lesson.
I do wonder if a directors cut of TDKR which would fix a lot of the problems people had with the film. Not that we'll probably ever get to find out with Nolan, but I'm looking forward to the potential of extended cuts etc with MoS/Synder at the helm.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #812
DKDetective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
I do wonder if a directors cut of TDKR which would fix a lot of the problems people had with the film. Not that we'll probably ever get to find out with Nolan, but I'm looking forward to the potential of extended cuts etc with MoS/Synder at the helm.
Probably not, there are only minor differences between the shooting script and the finished film. It seems likely that the film's story problems developed when they had to cut down Jonah's massive 4 hour draft.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #813
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:

I've learned my lesson.
I loved both of those. So woohoo!

Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #814
protocida
Side-Kick

^ Pretty much this.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #815
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Quote:
Sweet jesus. Yeah, right, Titanic and Avatar are the worst movies on Earth. The Cameron hate is getting annoying, stupid backlash because his movies make a ton of money and are so popular.

Cameron knows how to do blockbusters RIGHT, he is one of the greatest directors ever, deal with it.
Couldn't agree more.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #816
hawkeye27
Side-Kick

I loved both TDKR and GL so I have a lot of faith in MOS.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #817
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:

Popularity does not equal objective value. The plot to Avatar was highly derivative, the characters unsympathetic, and the film overall over-reliant upon CGI rather than storytelling. Cameron is without a doubt one of the best directors on the planet. I'm not jealous of his money or popularity. I just hated the film.

Maybe opinions different from your own annoy you, but you are just going to have to learn to get over it.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #818
sup101
Side-Kick

The spoiler dude description was a few weeks ago, the same time as the screenings.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #819
GreenKToo
In the fire

Not doubting it, BUT, the same thing was said about SR. I prefer to wait for a little more to come out about that before getting too crazy.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #820
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Popularity does not equal objective value. The plot to Avatar was highly derivative, the characters unsympathetic, and the film overall over-reliant upon CGI rather than storytelling. Cameron is without a doubt one of the best directors on the planet. I'm not jealous of his money or popularity. I just hated the film.

Maybe opinions different from your own annoy you, but you are just going to have to learn to get over it.
I don't care about this, it's just this constant bashing of Avatar and of Cameron in general. As if Avatar was the worst movie of the world, but that's what happens with highly successful movies.

Congrats, you hate the movie, but saying that Avatar is bad is blatant ignorance (I'm not talking about you, but in general). Highly derivative plot, who cares? It's got universal themes, Cameron said that he could have done something else but he wanted to appeal to as many people as possible, and he knows how to do that.

That Avatar grossed 2.6 billion is not a coincidence lol, but I don't need to tell anyone that.

Anyway, this is a MOS thread, just saying that this kind of silly statement should stop.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #821
Liam_H
Side-Kick

GL...something I'll certainly never understand.

Spill

Old 02-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #822
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I loved both of those. So woohoo!
You telling me I'm not the only one who enjoyed the heck out of Green Lantern?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #823
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
You telling me I'm not the only one who enjoyed the heck out of Green Lantern?
I think I've told everyone I love Green Lantern.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #824
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Eh, I liked Sucker
Punch which like everyone hates so I'm sure I'll find something to like in Man of Steel. Despite my mad hate for 300 I actually like ZS as a director. I mean he is hugely flawed and he did need a calming force like Nolan but I think the raw talent is there

I will be shocked if I like MOS less than Returns. I'm not convinced I'll love it because I'm a very peculiar. film watcher, If a movie isn't grabbing me it just isn't and I'm not going to lie to make fanboys or anyone else happy.

I was never a huge fan of Batman Begins because the second half of the film didn't work for me, it's as simple as that. Still Begins is a solid 7.5/10 for me and I see MOS at least being that good to me. Personally I'm expecting it to be a bit better than Begins.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 02-15-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #825
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post

It's not like we didn't know that it wasn't gonna be mostly cg characters on green screen right? That's like saying The Incredibles used too mush too, going in you know what the movie is, motion capture cartoons.

Cameron is one of the greatest ever and some of the nitpicking at him comes off as sour grapes.

Closed Thread