The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #851
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Yeah, there's no fun to be found in being cynical.
I prefer being a pessimist and having my expectations exceeded rather than being an optimist and having them let down.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 02-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #852
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

OT - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=25znynpQz9E#!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=XIAm5hq8WWc#!

Zod and co arrives! Well, not really, but it's still undenyingly fascinating! It's the meteor that hit Russia friday.

Last edited by Rust; 02-15-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #853
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
One thing's for sure, I've learned to not heed early twitter reactions absolutely.

GL had somewhat positive twitter reactions, and we know how that turned out. TDKR had nose bleeding, brain sploogingly insane reactions, people were calling it the greatest in the trilogy, the greatest in Nolan's canon, as good as Godfather part 2 (seriously). I still wonder if they saw a different film than I did. On the other hand, The Avengers' twitter reaction was equally as ecstatic and the film lived up to that hype.
Were there any positive pre-release reactions outside of Twitter or was that it?

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 02-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #854
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
OT - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=25znynpQz9E#!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=XIAm5hq8WWc#!

Zod and co arrives! Well, not really, but it's still undenyingly fascinating! It's the meteor that hit Russia friday.
A lot of people were injured in that strike. Posts like this just seem to be in poor taste considering.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #855
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanin View Post
A lot of people were injured in that strike. Posts like this just seem to be in poor taste considering.
I disagree since it was a natural phenomenon. And since no one actually died. And I wasnt referring to the destruction either, but the phenomenon itself.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #856
Glassjaw
In training

Well I know we were all thinking the same thing that's for sure Ive seen a few scientists on tv and NASA's website today acting very excited about the Russian meteorite lol. So glad so many Russians have dash cams, the footage is amazing.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #857
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Well I know we were all thinking the same thing that's for sure Ive seen a few scientists on tv and NASA's website today acting very excited about the Russian meteorite lol. So glad so many Russians have dash cams, the footage is amazing.
It is. No shame in admitting that. And hopefully it'll alert the governments into taking more action, so that they may prevent actual fatal catastrophes in the future.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #858
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

At this rate, I wonder if we'll be getting anything substantial during this month or if we'll have to wait till March before we start getting in some photos.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #859
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

Considering how there were rumors at one point that Nolan and the studio weren't happy with the movie, this is definitely great news and no bias here. WB execs know that a lot of stuff depends of the success of MOS, if the reaction was "through the roof", they know they got gold here.

Just seeing the teaser trailer last year made me think immediately that this is going to be Snyder's masterpiece (even if IMO he already accomplished that with Watchmen), and that every person that said that Snyder was a terrible choice will be eating crow.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #860
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

People said Snyder was a terrible choice?

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #861
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

I haven't heard any rumors they weren't happy.

All the stuff Nolan actually said were positive.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #862
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I thought Snyder was a horrible choice when i first heard he was director.

After 2 amazing trailers, i am ready to eat my words.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #863
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
People said Snyder was a terrible choice?
I'm pretty sure someone said. I myself was a little disappointed since I'd hoped for a more original choice, but a big part of me was also doing back-flips thinking about Synder's style being applied to Superman.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #864
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
At this rate, I wonder if we'll be getting anything substantial during this month or if we'll have to wait till March before we start getting in some photos.
Me personally, I've given up months ago. I'm just waiting for Midnight June 14.

The art and manips in the fan art thread have been so good I don't care anymore.

I trust the next trailer will do what the last trailer did but bigger. Plus it will be on tv and all over the net so I'm not worried about hype either.

I used to be very concerned and worried WBs wasn't doing enough until I saw the response from Trailer 2. Trailer 3 should do even better.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 02-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #865
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
I'm pretty sure someone said. I myself was a little disappointed since I'd hoped for a more original choice, but a big part of me was also doing back-flips thinking about Synder's style being applied to Superman.
Sums up my thoughts when I first found out

Old 02-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #866
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I think I was pretty hopeful before then too, back when there were a lot of rumours of a Birthright-ish script and Goyer and Nolan were first talking about their ideas.
I'm glad you deciphered that from my message cause my keyboard on my iPad keeps screwing me over lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
But yeah, the wrong man for the job could easily have killed my feelings about this film. I've never been so ecstatically shocked in my life... just started squeeling and laughing
Like Nic Cage?

I was the same it's strange I never go on digital spy first but u did the day Henry was cast and it was the main headline I git really excited and text a few mates to tell them they all came back with who? Ha ha

I went on digital spy first when the first pic of Henry as Superman was released too so I consider that site good luck

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #867
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
TDKR didn't live up to its hype? I'm pretty sure it was rated higher than Avengers and broke a billion dollars with no 3D and with bad press from the shooting.

Lumping TDKR with GL is ridiculous. Some people really confuse their opinions as reality.

Yeah. No need to even waste time, energy and even bite on that non sense....

Old 02-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #868
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I thought Snyder was a horrible choice when i first heard he was director.

After 2 amazing trailers, i am ready to eat my words.
Quote:
I also remember not being entirely too thrilled about him getting the role because I was afraid that he'd end up making superman as dark as his other characters from his previous films and he was mainly known for making films that were in a world of its own, where it didn't really look like ours.

I was afraid that all of MOS would be filmed on sound stages or sets.lol

Old 02-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #869
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Yeah, I think there were some understandable reservations to be had about Snyder doing this movie, but the teaser and especially the last trailer really impressed me and put me at ease.

Watch, if this movie is truly as great as they're saying, the new mantra will be "In Snyder We Trust"

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 02-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #870
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Yeah, I'm still definitely very happy that we got the team that we did to be in charge of this film.

Snyder with his visuals and direction with the actors.

Goyer with his pitch and story.

And Nolan with his resources, influence with the studio, and story input.

With a team like that behind Superman's helm, especially when they get that the point is not to make Superman more darker but more real and that he's a far different creature than the likes of Batman and respects him for who he is at his core...that says it all.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #871
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

Yeah, I think the trailer shows Snyder understands different tastes and isn't just a genre director. I was surprised how well he captured the 'Romantic hero' aspect of Superman in the trailer.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #872
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Yeah, I'm still definitely very happy that we got the team that we did to be in charge of this film.

Snyder with his visuals and direction with the actors.

Goyer with his pitch and story.

And Nolan with his resources, influence with the studio, and story input.

With a team like that behind Superman's helm, especially when they get that the point is not to make Superman more darker but more real and that he's a far different creature than the likes of Batman and respects him for who he is at his core...that says it all.
Beautifully put

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #873
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post

Old 02-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #874
Kevin Smith
Banned User

MOS trailers and all the footage shown so far doesn't seem "dark" or even "moody" at all, IMO. It just looks like Superman to me. For today's audiences.

Go watch Batman Begins trailers then MOS back to back. You'll see what I mean. And MOS clearly looks like the better more interesting movie to me just from the trailers btw.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #875
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Given my love for all things "The Far Side" by Gary Larson, a couple of days ago I was looking through my collection of Tales from The Far Side when I came across this:

Closed Thread