The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Don Cheadle taking over for Terrence Howard in Iron Man 2?
I'm all for it, bring on Don Cheadle! 106 38.41%
Recasting sucks. Marvel should have kept Terrence Howard! 134 48.55%
I don't care one way or the other. 36 13.04%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Don Cheadle joins IRON MAN 2!!!

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
[A]
Banned User

Default Don Cheadle joins IRON MAN 2!!!

Quote:
Don Cheadle is stepping in to replace Terrence Howard in "Iron Man 2," Marvel Studios' sequel to its summer blockbuster.

In the movie, Howard played Jim Rhodes, Tony Stark/Iron Man's best friend and future armor-clad hero War Machine. One scene featured Howard looking at a silver suit of armor and saying "Next time," a line that caused great delight for fans.

But there will be no next time for Howard.

Marvel had no comment, but sources close to the deal said negotiations with Howard fell through over financial differences, among other reasons. Marvel, which had wanted to work with Cheadle, then decided to take the role in another direction and approached the actor, who is shooting Antoine Fuqua's "Brooklyn's Finest" with Richard Gere and Ethan Hawke.

Rhodes is expected to play a larger part in the sequel, which is rumored to go beyond high-tech villains. Justin Theroux is writing the screenplay.

Jon Favreau is returning as director, and Robert Downey Jr. is expected back as billionaire industrialist Stark/Iron Man. Gwyneth Paltrow also is expected to be back as Stark's assistant, Pepper Potts.

Cheadle, repped by UTA, most recently starred in "Traitor," a thriller on which he was also a producer. He will next be seen in DreamWorks' "Hotel for Dogs."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...5b0b84b924a87b

[A] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
chatterbot
Side-Kick

Default Re: Don Cheadle joins IRON MAN 2!!!

Cheadle was not good in this film. Howard would have been a lot better. The tone of Cheadle's performance felt off. I also think Howard looked the part more. Howard could have been the next denzel if not for the lies of his girlfriend.

chatterbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Don Cheadle joins IRON MAN 2!!! - Part 1

Cheadle is a far better actor. His skin tone may be darker than comic book Rhodey/Terrence Howard, but that is no reason to say he made a worse War Machine.

I think Cheadle did as good a job as Howard, if not better.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:05 AM   #5
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

I prefer Cheadle. He's more believable as a military type guy than softy Howard. Plus he seems to be helluva lot easier to work with from a studio managerial standpoint.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
the last son
Side-Kick

Terrance Howard just went on record saying why he didn't reprise his role. Saying they wanted to pay him 1/8 of what he got in Iron man. The interview is on yahoo.