The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Stand-Alone Movies

Old 11-09-2017, 05:06 PM   #1
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default New Star Wars Trilogy from Rian Johnson

http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-jo...r-wars-trilogy

Quote:
For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

No release dates have been set for the new films, and no porgs were available for comment.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:27 PM   #2
Boom
I got nothin'

Default Re: New Star Wars Trilogy from Rian Johnson

I'm dead.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:34 PM   #3
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Absolutely bonkers.

BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
Lord
All Mighty

I wonder if this is still happening. It would make sense to still give Rian Johnson another Star Wars film, but an entire trilogy sounds risky.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:49 PM   #5
David H.
Side-Kick

Johnson has said he’ll direct the first movie and map out the story but likely won’t direct the follow-ups.

David H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:40 PM   #6
Harry Dresden
Side-Kick

Can’t wait!

Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:06 AM   #7
Aximili86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I wonder if this is still happening. It would make sense to still give Rian Johnson another Star Wars film, but an entire trilogy sounds risky.

How do you figure?

93% RT score, it's doing gangbusters business with the public. A little fan whineing isn't going to remotely shake their faith in the guy. Especially when there's equal fan praise as hate.

Aximili86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:28 AM   #8
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aximili86 View Post
How do you figure?

93% RT score, it's doing gangbusters business with the public. A little fan whineing isn't going to remotely shake their faith in the guy. Especially when there's equal fan praise as hate.
I loved the film but keep in mind that we're in the first two weeks. This is when all the fans flock to see the film. We'll only realy know how much it clicked with general audiences once it gets clear how many legs it's box office has had in comparison with Force Awakens.

Even though youtube doesn't define how the entire GA thinks, it can get a close idea of what some are thinking. The fact that even someone who rarely talks about films like PewDiePie is complaining that the film was disappointing does make me slightly worried.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:46 PM   #9
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aximili86 View Post
How do you figure?

The movie don't fell like a 93 with how much fan complaining there is though. If I hadn't looked at the RT score and then looked after seeing all the fan complaining you would think its RT score was more like a 63 then a 93.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
spiderman2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:49 PM   #10
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Its now 92% not 93%.

Old 12-21-2017, 11:15 PM   #11
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Right but 92 is still darn good and at this point its not going to drop more then like a 91 but fan reception is so much worse.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Old 12-22-2017, 12:06 AM   #12
InCali
I got a pUpgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman2 View Post
Right but 92 is still darn good and at this point its not going to drop more then like a 91 but fan reception is so much worse.
A large section of a relatively small group, can have a significant effect on ratings which are dependent on a very small section of a VERY large group.

I go to and have seen more movies than a the vast majority of people and have never scored a movie on RT as a viewer.

Bottom line is we know why the audience score is low and therefore we know it is not indicative of the general audience reception.

www.cloudvistas.com

Last edited by InCali; 12-22-2017 at 12:10 AM.
InCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:32 AM   #13
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCali View Post
A large section of a relatively small group, can have a significant effect on ratings which are dependent on a very small section of a VERY large group.

I go to and have seen more movies than a the vast majority of people and have never scored a movie on RT as a viewer.

Bottom line is we know why the audience score is low and therefore we know it is not indicative of the general audience reception.
Its not even RT fan reviews though. Its ever where I am seeing way more hate then I ever saw for TFA not just on this web site but also on social media, bluray.com forums etc. Its like a night and day difference.

Old 12-22-2017, 03:36 AM   #14
Iceman
Infinity War!

I'm really looking forward to hearing details of what these films will focus on.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:09 AM   #15
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman2 View Post
Its not even RT fan reviews though. Its ever where I am seeing way more hate then I ever saw for TFA not just on this web site but also on social media, bluray.com forums etc. Its like a night and day difference.
People who frequent forums like this are a vocal minority.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #16
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
People who frequent forums like this are a vocal minority.
Maybe but what about people on social media are they really the minority? There are a lot of people that have a facebook page and you are seeing way more hate on there then RO or TFA ever had.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:30 AM   #17
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Does it really matter? The GA seemed to like it, and that is where the money is made.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote