View Poll Results: Who will win?
Detroit Tigers 6 35.29%
San Francisco Giants 11 64.71%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default 2012 Major League Baseball: Showdown!

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
Erzengel
Hype Award Winner

Default *Official* 2012 Major League Baseball Thread

The 2011 Season has come and gone with the St. Louis Cardinals coming out of nowhere to win their 11th World Series title.

Post here to discuss free agents, trades, intrigue, and now with more new managers.

Who will buy the Los Angeles Dodgers?

How much radio/talk show time are we going to spend on Pujols inevitably going back to St. Louis?

Will Theo Epstein actually be able to break 2 curses in 8 years?

Who will coach the St. Louis Cardinals? The Chicago Cubs?

Will less people show up at Tampa Bay?

Will the Texas Rangers go back, to back, to back, World Series appearances?

Who will be silly enough to dump a s' load of money for Yu Darvish?

Old 07-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
Franklin Richards
Banned User

Default Re: *Official* 2012 Major League Baseball Thread

Isn't it funny how a Yankee Fan is telling everyone how to act at a baseball game?

:cap: :cap: :cap:

Old 07-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Richards View Post
Isn't it funny how a Yankee Fan is telling everyone how to act at a baseball game?
Isn't it funny how being a Yankee fan somehow negates something that would apply to anyone? The fact is what they did was in poor taste, regardless whose player alleggedly gave them the excuse.

Enough. Again, everyone got on fine afterwards....but it's an unfortunate smear on the all-star game.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 07-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
Franklin Richards
Banned User

Default Re: *Official* 2012 Major League Baseball Thread - Part 1

Yankee Fans negate things that would apply to them all the time. Why change now?

Old 07-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Richards View Post
Yankee Fans negate things that would apply to them all the time. Why change now?
We already discussed fan incidents that are shameful before, it goes booth ways.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 07-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Padres pulled out a crazy double-steal last night to edge out the Dodgers.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=320714119

It's one of those crazy things where you appreciate the sharpness and ballsiness of the player, but you wonder how badly he would've gotten chastised if it didn't work.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Isn't it funny how being a Yankee fan somehow negates something that would apply to anyone? The fact is what they did was in poor taste, regardless whose player alleggedly gave them the excuse.

Enough. Again, everyone got on fine afterwards....but it's an unfortunate smear on the all-star game.
Except no one but you thinks that. Like you said, everyone got on fine afterwards aka no one cared enough to cry about it a week after the fact.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 07-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
Franklin Richards
Banned User

I think the word you were looking for was "ergo" instead of aka.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Concertedly.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 07-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #11
Franklin Richards
Banned User

vis a vi

Old 07-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #12
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Except no one but you thinks that. Like you said, everyone got on fine afterwards aka no one cared enough to cry about it a week after the fact.
Actually, MLB thought that way and so did the announcers/coverers of the game....and MLB even now said it will rethink how and who handles selections to try and appease these things beforehand. Again, no-one's crying, but they also shouldn't have 'cried' about not having Butler in the derby if they have built a tradition of not being part of playoffs and such for so long.

But yeah time to move on from this discussion here.

Last edited by KalMart; 07-15-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Actually, MLB thought that way and so did the announcers/coverers of the game....and MLB even now said it will rethink how and who handles selections to try and appease these things beforehand. Again, no-one's crying, but they also shouldn't have 'cried' about not having Butler in the derby if they have built a tradition of not being part of playoffs and such for so long.

But yeah time to move on from this discussion here.

Yeah, at the time it happened. Then they devoted 30 seconds to it on SC that night and no one cared about it after. Well, except for you apparently.

EDIT: Because you edited your post and I didn't see this little gem here. I like how you keep bringing that up. No offense but it makes you sound like that stereotypical ******* Yankee fan that everyone hates. What does not being in the playoffs have to do with Cano saying he would pick a Royal and then not doing so? How ****** the team is have nothing to do with someone breaking their word.

I mean, **** look at the guys Kemp picked for the NL, most of those guys are on teams that haven't sniffed the playoffs in years.

Last edited by Darthphere; 07-15-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #14
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Yeah, at the time it happened. Then they devoted 30 seconds to it on SC that night and no one cared about it after. Well, except for you apparently.
Actually it's still a topic for MLB today, and time doesn't make it like it never happened. But we can move no from it in here, thanks.

Edit:
Quote:
EDIT: Because you edited your post and I didn't see this little gem here. I like how you keep bringing that up.
No less fair than bringing up the Yankees money and success. Again, it goes both ways.

Quote:
No offense but it makes you sound like that stereotypical ******* Yankee fan that everyone hates. What does not being in the playoffs have to do with Cano saying he would pick a Royal and then not doing so? How ****** the team is have nothing to do with someone breaking their word.
The way they were expressing themselves was no longer about not picking Butler...that much was abundantly clear. That's where the issue lies. It's a little HR derby...no reason for them to get up in arms like they did unless there's something deeper and more miserable they want to let out.

Quote:
I mean, **** look at the guys Kemp picked for the NL, most of those guys are on teams that haven't sniffed the playoffs in years.
Alrighty. Again...enough of this in this discussion.

Last edited by KalMart; 07-15-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #15
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

edit

Last edited by KalMart; 07-15-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #16
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Actually it's still a topic for MLB today, and time doesn't make it like it never happened. But we can move no fro it in here, thanks.
Nope, doesn't work that way. You're the one that came in here and made a huge big deal about it calling a fanbase classless, going on how they're just mad because their team is **** and they should worry about getting better in typical arrogant Yankee fan fashion. You don't get to decide when the discussion is over.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #17
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Nope, doesn't work that way. You're the one that came in here and made a huge big deal about it calling a fanbase classless,
And they behaved that way.

Quote:
going on how they're just mad because their team is **** and they should worry about getting better in typical arrogant Yankee fan fashion.
Because it was clear that's why they did. If you don't care, that's fine. It doesn't change it being what it is. As I said, it wasn't about being a Yankee or Yankee fan, it shouldn't have happened with anyone.

Quote:
But even if I agreed that they were venting their frustration over years of futility, who gives a ****?
Some do, as does MLB, for the sake of baseball, not just the Yankees.

Quote:
You don't get to decide when the discussion is over.
I just did. Discussion's over. Sorry if it got you upset.

Last edited by KalMart; 07-15-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #18
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

But even if I agreed that they were venting their frustration over years of futility, who gives a ****? They didn't dump beer on an opposing players wife. They didn't throw beer bottles at him. They booed. Something he gets every time he plays outside the friendly confines of Yankee Stadium. If anything, the fact that they booed so vehemently over a HR derby snub shows how much they care about their team and city to want to see one of their guys take a few swings of the bat. That's not being classless, that's passion.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #19
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Let's get this back to the second half of the 2012 MLB...

Where do people think Cole Hamels will go...and is he worth signing big?

Old 07-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #20
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

He should go to the Yankees so he can get booed every time he throws the ball.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #21
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
He should go to the Yankees so he can get booed every time he throws the ball.
In a game, by the fans of the team the actual game is specifically against...which will happen anywhere. (but nice try )

But with the money that the Phillies spent to get the people they have now, there was a lot of concern of how it would hurt in the near future. You wonder how much longer, and for how much $$$, they'd be looking to bet with the Phils getting older and in last place right now.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #22
Immortalfire
The Mod of Death
SHH! Global Moderator

Someone give me a catchy subtitle for this MLB thread, like all the other sports league threads have.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
Franklin Richards
Banned User

Ranger Danger!

Now 98% Steroid Free!

Old 07-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #24
TheOnlyOmega
Banned User

MLB Thread: Arrr! We're not in last place!

Old 07-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #25
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

My team sucks, boo a Yankee.

Closed Thread