Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 01:07 AM   #226
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: My Team is Better Than Your Team! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. View Post
Charles on Russel Westbrook shirt:

"When you see a shirt that bad looking you've gotta think 'what did the shirt he DIDNT want to buy look like'"?

lmao

Oh Charles, I'll miss you when you're dead.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 02-17-2013, 02:30 AM   #227
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I read a tweet from Dan Le Betard joking that Vince Carter ruined the Dunk contest, and I think in some way he's right because he set the bar so high.
Definitely did, along with 'Nique & MJ. At this point, there's almost nothing else humanly possible you can do, so all the props and gimmicks just water it down. Especially coming from no-names.

Most importantly though, Carter, 'Nique & MJ did all those amazing dunks almost flawlessly. I don't care if you jump over a helicopter, if it takes you 200 tries to do it, it's vastly less impressive.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 02-17-2013, 04:17 AM   #228
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Westbrick at MJ's 50th birthday party.

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/...irthday-party/

Old 02-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #229
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

When did dressing like a jack ass and wearing glasses without frames become so fashionable? If one of these players who dresses like that were my child I'd smack him upside the head and tell him to put on matching clothing and lose the fake glasses!

Old 02-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #230
L.A.
Side-Kick

The Los Angeles Clippers and Utah Jazz are discussing a trade centered on Eric Bledsoe for Paul Millsap.

Bledsoe is the Clippers' best asset to be moved, though two sources with knowledge of the team's thinking predicted he would not be moved.

Millsap will be a free agent this offseason and the Jazz want to build around a younger core.

Via Ramona Shelburne, Marc Stein/ESPN

Old 02-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #231
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
When did dressing like a jack ass and wearing glasses without frames become so fashionable? If one of these players who dresses like that were my child I'd smack him upside the head and tell him to put on matching clothing and lose the fake glasses!
You wanna dress like a jackass, go ahead. But I can't stand the fake glasses. As someone who has to wear glasses, I don't get it. I just don't.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #232
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
You wanna dress like a jackass, go ahead. But I can't stand the fake glasses. As someone who has to wear glasses, I don't get it. I just don't.
And what's really odd is that it is only the NBA that has adopted this bizarre subculture. Yeah, NFL and MLB players may not always be the best dressed in their press conferences, but the NBA players seem to go out of their way to be dressed oddly. I just don't get it either.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #233
L.A.
Side-Kick

i remember when this pic used to not be him

**** is definately him though

Old 02-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #234
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
And what's really odd is that it is only the NBA that has adopted this bizarre subculture. Yeah, NFL and MLB players may not always be the best dressed in their press conferences, but the NBA players seem to go out of their way to be dressed oddly. I just don't get it either.
Didn't the NBA adopt a dress code? How do they get away with this?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #235
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

look at Dr. J in that francis picture, he doesn't have to dress like a jackass and he looks pretty good.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #236
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Didn't the NBA adopt a dress code? How do they get away with this?
Because no one is enforcing it. David Stern ran the Rodmans and Barkleys out of the league and in doing so took away the guys who made it fun to watch. Now he is desperately trying to get some of that image back by encouraging players to dress like idiots, allowing Meta World Peace to act like a thug without any REAL consequences, etc. Unfortunately, what he doesn't get is that while Rodman and Barkley may have been a bit crazy, had a unique style, etc., it was never forced like this or felt so tacky. It was just them being them. This feels like a bunch of posers trying to be stylish, not just players being themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
look at Dr. J in that francis picture, he doesn't have to dress like a jackass and he looks pretty good.
Exactly.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #237
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I don't want to get into a racial argument but if a white guy dressed the way Westbrook, Lebron and Wade did they would be getting a hell of a lot more flack.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #238
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I don't want to get into a racial argument but if a white guy dressed the way Westbrook, Lebron and Wade did they would be getting a hell of a lot more flack.
True. But I don't even see how guys like Westbrook, LeBron and Wade can say that they dress the way that they do, due to cultural identity. There is nothing in the way that they dress that is a reflection of their culture or its values. They are just dressing like morons.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #239
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
True. But I don't even see how guys like Westbrook, LeBron and Wade can say that they dress the way that they do, due to cultural identity. There is nothing in the way that they dress that is a reflection of their culture or its values. They are just dressing like morons.
But thats how all these rapper and hippity hop stars dress now too. I blame Lil Wayne.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #240
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
LeBron, for the most part, has always dressed 'to impress' (ex. ties, vests, suits, dress jeans, etc). Wade use to dress like that too but nowadays he (along with Westbrook) dresses like a metro-sexual who got drenched in clown road-kill.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 02-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #241
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
LeBron, for the most part, has always dressed 'to impress' (ex. ties, vests, suits, dress jeans, etc). Wade use to dress like that too but nowadays he (along with Westbrook) dresses like a metro-sexual who got drenched in clown road-kill.

Yeah a couple of years ago you had the stylish suits and fancy get ups. Now, it's like someone set the make up gun to whore but made a clothes version of it.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #242
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
But thats how all these rapper and hippity hop stars dress now too. I blame Lil Wayne.
I heard some stupid hippie say on NPR once that the glasses are a way for African Americans to show young black kids the importance of education.

I call bull ****. Rappers and basketball players who never go to or drop out of college after one year wearing fake glasses does teach a damn thing about the importance of education.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #243
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
I heard some stupid hippie say on NPR once that the glasses are a way for African Americans to show young black kids the importance of education.

I call bull ****. Rappers and basketball players who never go to or drop out of college after one year wearing fake glasses does teach a damn thing about the importance of education.
The fake glasses is just a style thing. I mean, every girl on the planet now has a pair of fake nerdy glasses.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #244
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Lebron looked okay until I saw he was wearing what looked like Leather jogging pants, and I was going to say something at first, but now I'm trying to think if I saw Drake wearing that at some point. But it's true, if Kanye was seen wearing a "skirt" at one of his recent performances, how can you question what basketball players are wearing.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #245
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:

Yeah a couple of years ago you had the stylish suits and fancy get ups. Now, it's like someone set the make up gun to whore but made a clothes version of it.
That's what I envision when I see those post-game outfits.

Maybe it's because I grew up in a traditional Spanish/Hispanic household but you'll never see me rocking a skin tight v-neck with fake glasses and pocka-dotted pants. Yeah, I got pecks and biceps but I don't show them off in douchey fashion. I love my vests, dress shirts, ties and slacks.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #246
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Adam Morrison should get his clothes budget subsidised by the league on the condition that he spend it on the same s*** that Westbrook, Lebron and Wade have been wearing just to show them how f***ing ridiculous they look...

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 02-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #247
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Kobe's injury suits last year were pretty good

Old 02-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #248
Hound55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
Doc J has always been at the forefront of style. Hell, you could make a fair argument that that's where real flair in the NBA began.

Now you've just got idiots running around trying to outdo each other in the stupid stakes desperately trying to stand out.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 02-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #249
Hound55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Doc J has always been at the forefront of style. Hell, you could make a fair argument that that's where real flair in the NBA began.
Wait, Frazier pre-dates Doc J... disregard that first sentence.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #250
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Lebron looked okay until I saw he was wearing what looked like Leather jogging pants, and I was going to say something at first, but now I'm trying to think if I saw Drake wearing that at some point. But it's true, if Kanye was seen wearing a "skirt" at one of his recent performances, how can you question what basketball players are wearing.
WTF.

I've heard about the male 'skirts' but I just thought they were an urban legend. Seriously, this metro-sexual phase has gotten out of hand -- yet women dig the look (and that confuses the hell out of me). Women are attracted by guys who dress... like them.

I'm not homophobic, but goddamn, we've crossed a line here.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Closed Thread