The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 01:09 AM   #901
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,233
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
Bulls/Rockets mid-90s Finals would have been pretty interesting.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
LOL, good grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
93-94 I think they would have been fine.

Cartwright was one of the best, most consistent defenders in the league when it came to defending against specifically Hakeem.

He'd probably have done better than Ewing and certainly would have done better than Shaq and that would have been more than enough.
Unless Bill caught Hakeem with a few elbows (which is a distinct possibility, he already caused Hakeem to miss almost a quarter of a season once) I don't see any way on Earth he would've slowed the Dream down. Not on the Finals stage.

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 03-21-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Doc Samson is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #902
JaD
Thriller Night
 
JaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 19,364
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flooop citttyy!!!!!! Flooopppp ciiitttyy!!!!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Gotta love Cousins' reaction

__________________

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #903
BatSpider
Not an S
 
BatSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 12,259
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assault!!! Cousins you big bully.

__________________
*T*

BatSpider is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #904
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,182
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
LOL, good grief



Unless Bill caught Hakeem with a few elbows (which is a distinct possibility, he already caused Hakeem to miss almost a quarter of a season once) I don't see any way on Earth he would've slowed the Dream down. Not on the Finals stage.
Despite the fact that Cartwright was statistically one of The best players when it came to defending Hakeem and consistently held him to less than his season averages and was an awkward pain in the ass who Hakeem seldom lit up efficiently.

He certainly would have done better than Shaq did and that would have been more than enough for Jordan, Pip and HoGrant.

I'm not saying he wouldn't have been putting up numbers, but he wouldn't have been doing it efficiently enough to beat the Bulls with Jordan there. At least not that year. He had a bit more help the following year with Cassell stepping up a bit more and pressing Kenny

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #905
Tigress
Mrs.Leroy Jethro Gibbs
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Anywhere Gibbs Is.
Posts: 257
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really want to see the L.A Clippers go to the finals instead of the Lakers this season.

Tigress is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:58 AM   #906
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,233
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Despite the fact that Cartwright was statistically one of The best players when it came to defending Hakeem and consistently held him to less than his season averages and was an awkward pain in the ass who Hakeem seldom lit up efficiently.

He certainly would have done better than Shaq did and that would have been more than enough for Jordan, Pip and HoGrant.

I'm not saying he wouldn't have been putting up numbers, but he wouldn't have been doing it efficiently enough to beat the Bulls with Jordan there. At least not that year. He had a bit more help the following year with Cassell stepping up a bit more and pressing Kenny
I hear what you're saying, but I think you can acknowledge the difference between regular season and playoff intensity. Then you would have to realize the difference between playoff intensity and Finals pressure. I just don't think Bill could handle Hakeem going at him aggressively for 4 games. But we can agree to disagree, I'm not saying it's impossible, I just feel it would be unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
I really want to see the L.A Clippers go to the finals instead of the Lakers this season.
I have a strong feeling you won't be seeing either one of them.

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #907
L.A.
Side-Kick
 
L.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,623
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen Kobe's whole career, start to finish and payed close attention. I got cousins, aunties and uncles all over L.A., and half my damn idiot friends are laker bandwagon clowns... I've had regular debates about this dudes career, in the moment when it's was happening, game by game damn near, playoff season after season, year after year.... I've watched this dude chuck a gazillion of the most ill advised shots that have ever surfaced into the basketball lexicon, seen him shoot horrible %FG and have dominant front lines make up for it... Seen him QUIT on his team, seen his team QUIT on him at the same time, and watched him have some of the most gutless, deplorable efforts with his back against the wall in the playoffs, of any elite player ever... ever. Seen the NBA make a mockery of the All-NBA first team, by awarding him the honor year after year, despite him playing terrible gambling defense, never taking charges or putting full effort in save for every blue moon, for the better part of a decade He is a high volume shot chucker, that landed in great conditions to have a productive career... Never faced much adversity on bad teams, and when he did he QUIT on the court and threw everyone in ****ing sight under the bus like a tyrant....... Dude's greatness and "Clutch" ability is one of the biggest myths in the history of sports.... He doesn't do anything better than any of the alltime greats, outside the sheer relentless insistence to jack up and shot humanly possible, in any situation, good or bad.... Better leader than Jordan, Bird, Magic? Better defender than Olajuwon, Duncan, Russell? More clutch than Bird, Jordan? Dominated the defense more than Shaq, Wilt, Jordan?

What did he historically do better than all the rest of the all-time greats, that puts him top 5 alltime, outside take an inordinate amount of shots at a mediocre %?.......

I'll give you a hint: nothing.

L.A. is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #908
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,233
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA, LA, LA, smh. Your hate knows no bounds. Where do we begin?

First of all, the only time Kobe ever "quit" on his team was Gm 7 in Phoenix (after he scored 55 the game before and got reamed for it by Phil and everyone else in the media. Like Smush & Kwame were gonna do something ) and even then he still had almost 20 pts in the first half.

The only other time was when he was with Shaq in'03-04, and the wheels were coming off of their relationship. It's not right, it's not an excuse, but Shaq is also the same guy who refused to get surgery in the offseason because he "got hurt on company time, so he'll heal on company time." But I get it, he's big and goofy and acts like a clown so nobody remembers that. Or the fact that Shaq never, ever, not once, was on a team without a superstar perimeter player. But we never accuse him of benefiting from teammates because, well...he's Shaq. Go figure.

Stats, like anything else, lie all the time. Toss out Kobe's first two seasons, where he played sporadically, therefore, skewing his "stats", and his true shooting % (accounting for FG, 3pt & FT) is almost identical to MJ's. He shot thousands more 3pts than MJ or Lebron or any of those guys you mention, so of course his % isn't going to be above 50. He never played in the paint as much as Jordan or Bird or anybody else. He's primarily a jumpshooter, who willingly takes tough shots. Been like that since forever.

You talk about his clutch ability being a myth, but the fact is he's hit more clutch shots than anyone in League history. And took more too. So what? That's his MO, he's going to be aggressive and wants the ball in clutch situations. He's gonna miss more than he'll ever make, but he's not worried about his "percentage" he's worried about trying to win the game. Period.

Also, trying to disparage his defense, ESPECIALLY during those Shaq years makes me think you and your cousins weren't paying as close attention as you seem to remember. That Portland game, where he throws that alley oop to Shaq? Kobe brought that team back basically with defense alone. In fact, Kobe routinely lead the team through the Western Conference playoffs. He averaged damn near 40 against the Spurs & Blazers, and yes, shot over 50% doing it. The only reason he doesn't have more final MVPs is because of the atrocious East front lines they faced. Do you remember the Nets Center without looking it up? Yeah, I almost didn't either. Or how bout Rik Smits? Or Mutumbo? Please. But I digress...

Your main reason of stress though is the Clippers. You know like I do they ain't doing nothing, so you come in here and rant on Kobe like that's going to help. Just like I said a few pages back, I'm sorry they ain't winning nothing, and it's the best squad you guys ever really had. It's still not going to work. And after the team gets blown up, it might be another decade for you guys to compile a squad good enough to be a legit threat. It just is what it is son...

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #909
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 67,777
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, you admit that he quit on his team twice....that is something a great will never do.

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty
Anubis is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #910
Mister J
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Mister J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Aww, isn't that cute ...BUT IT'S WRONG!!!!!
Posts: 36,481
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Wall has been quietly kicking ass lately. Ridiculous game last night.

__________________
So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #911
BatSpider
Not an S
 
BatSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 12,259
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
John Wall has been quietly kicking ass lately. Ridiculous game last night.
This is the John Wall we envisioned when taking him #1 overall. If he learned to play with better pace and develop a shot and deep 3, his potential could easily be superstar. I can guarentee that if he was healthy all year, we would be an above .500 team. With him and Beal growing together, and hopefully an addition of a great big man, I enjoy wher this team is going.

Plus I got tired of the "Wall is bust, shoulda waited for Kyrie" talk.

__________________
*T*

BatSpider is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #912
Mister J
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Mister J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Aww, isn't that cute ...BUT IT'S WRONG!!!!!
Posts: 36,481
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It certainly didn't hurt to rid the locker room of Blatche, McGee and Lewis.

He looked fairly silly acting like he wanted to fight Klay Thompson and getting ejected, but at least he cares at this stage... I guess.

__________________
So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #913
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 more games...

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #914
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.
 
DoomsdayApex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 14,975
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
7 more games...
The Bulls or Spurs could end the streak but it almost feels as if The Heat can't be stopped right now.

__________________
Law is an instrument of commerce and often an obstruction to justice. It is a Court of Law, NOT of Justice.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."


Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #915
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm worried about the game at Orlando tomorrow...trap game if I've ever seen one. Hope Vucevic doesn't play so he can't light us up for 30 rebounds again. >.>

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 05:02 AM   #916
BatSpider
Not an S
 
BatSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 12,259
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
It certainly didn't hurt to rid the locker room of Blatche, McGee and Lewis.

He looked fairly silly acting like he wanted to fight Klay Thompson and getting ejected, but at least he cares at this stage... I guess.
Well, at least he's not the one losing his allowance

__________________
*T*

BatSpider is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #917
Mister J
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Mister J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Aww, isn't that cute ...BUT IT'S WRONG!!!!!
Posts: 36,481
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, what is that about? I understand being cautious with your money and wanting to have some structure in place, but come on.

__________________
So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #918
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


KD wants to be Lebron so bad.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #919
JaD
Thriller Night
 
JaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 19,364
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only thought that was awkward because he ran away directly after. Didn't even help him up, what a jerk.

__________________

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #920
Poeman
Banned User
 
Poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In the town with no name
Posts: 11,318
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whatd the guy win?

Poeman is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #921
JaD
Thriller Night
 
JaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 19,364
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, to be fair. If you watch a different angle, you can see the fan signalling for someone on OKC to give him some love
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
He's obviously seen the LBJ fan tackle so I guess because he hit a half court $20,000 shot he feels entitled to getting a hug from an NBA star. What a douche.

__________________

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #922
BatSpider
Not an S
 
BatSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 12,259
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
I only thought that was awkward because he ran away directly after. Didn't even help him up, what a jerk.
"Get that on camera?, Alright *****, you smell, im outta here."

__________________
*T*

BatSpider is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #923
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 more games....

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #924
Mister J
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Mister J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Aww, isn't that cute ...BUT IT'S WRONG!!!!!
Posts: 36,481
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
John Wall has been quietly kicking ass lately. Ridiculous game last night.
Just going to quote this with the difference being the game was tonight and there wasn't a damn thing quiet about it. Mercy.

__________________
So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #925
BatSpider
Not an S
 
BatSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 12,259
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man he went off!!!!!

Mesmerized by his play

middle finger to people calling him a bust.

__________________
*T*

BatSpider is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.