The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #101
Mister J
El Jefe en Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: My Team is Better Than Your Team! - Part 2

The Spurs are ridiculous. Better yet, Pop is ridiculous. I'd give all the hair in Darthphere's new age afro for that man to coach Miami.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #102
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
The Spurs are ridiculous. Better yet, Pop is ridiculous. I'd give all the hair in Darthphere's new age afro for that man to coach Miami.
Nobody touches my fro.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #103
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
Pop and the Spurs are lucky to have one another. Top to bottom the best run organization in the NBA for the past decade. There's just no fat there; no incompetence at any level.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 02-12-2013, 12:10 AM   #104
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Aren't they designed to wick away sweat faster, cause only other advantage would be less drag I guess.
I could see someone like Dirk Nowitzki really enjoying those jerseys since he's always tugging at his jersey during games. But other than that I don't see how they can actually be more comfortable than normal jerseys.

Next up are advertisements on jerseys.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #105
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Do the Warriors even sell enough jerseys to warrant this?
If they keep winning and wind up surprising someone in the playoffs, I think they will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Pop and the Spurs are lucky to have one another.
True. I actually don't think Pop's style would work as long with too many other teams in the league. Besides Timmy, Parker & those guys naturally having the type of personality that's more conducive to his brand of coaching, the market helps too. There was no real "identity" or rich tradition to San Antonio Spurs basketball that Pop had to fit into, he's creating that now. I liken it to Jerry Sloan & Utah during his 90s tenure there. The right mix of player type, market & coaching and you'll see that consistency.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 02-12-2013, 02:35 AM   #106
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. View Post
Dear god... What DAFUQ??

When did Esquire take over the NBA?

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 02-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #107
killface
Side-Kick

the warriors will wear those in what would be called "the pajama game"

Old 02-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #108
Grievous
Miss Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Dwight leaving LA is showing Kobe. If he leaves, no way does Kobe come close to winning another ring unless he's traded. And with Dantoni there, I don't blame Dwight at all.
I don't see Howard winning a ring without Kobe either. Heat and Thunder are too good right now. I bet that if no team that has a legit championship shot wants Howard that he would rather stay in LA than go to some random team that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Also I don't have a problem with Kobe talking about Howard needing to play even if he is injuried. Howard is saying he wants to play in the all-star game. Ok so he says he don't know if he will be able to handle the regular season but you bet he wants to be in the all-star game. At this point Kobe can say whatever he wants if you ask me.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Old 02-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #109
Poeman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Dear god... What DAFUQ??

When did Esquire take over the NBA?

Since this man became their spokesman

Old 02-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #110
Anubis
Sup?

NBA's gone hipster.....deal with it b***hes.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #111
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous View Post
I don't see Howard winning a ring without Kobe either. Heat and Thunder are too good right now. I bet that if no team that has a legit championship shot wants Howard that he would rather stay in LA than go to some random team that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Also I don't have a problem with Kobe talking about Howard needing to play even if he is injuried. Howard is saying he wants to play in the all-star game. Ok so he says he don't know if he will be able to handle the regular season but you bet he wants to be in the all-star game. At this point Kobe can say whatever he wants if you ask me.
What makes you say that? He was the main option on a legitimate contender just a few years ago despite the fact that that team had to burden the weight of what was then the two worst contracts in the NBA.

Why couldn't you see him winning a ring outside of this trainwreck of a team?

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #112
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

In other news, LeBron is amazing. He will now be known as LeGod. 30 points on 70% shooting average these last couple of games is utter insanity.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #113
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

LOL at the NBA hyping up the "bad" blood between Houston and GS due to the "hard" foul at the end of the day. Man the league is soft today.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #114
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

LeGod, Flash and Boshzilla killed it tonight. I'm so damn happy I decided to take the ticket off my co-worker's hands.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #115
BatSpider
Not an S

Watching Dwight try to play "offense" is just painful to watch. He has no clue where to be on the floor for spacing and gets in the way of his own players. Dude expects to just walk up and dunk everytime.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:40 AM   #116
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post
Watching Dwight try to play "offense" is just painful to watch. He has no clue where to be on the floor for spacing and gets in the way of his own players. Dude expects to just walk up and dunk everytime.
Blame it on the coaching. Dantoni runs NO plays whatsoever. And it shows.

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Old 02-13-2013, 02:33 AM   #117
JaD
Thriller Night

So, wow. Celtics lose 2 point guards to season ending ACL injuries in what? 2 weeks? That's insane.

James Dean
Old 02-13-2013, 03:03 AM   #118
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Quote:
LOL at the NBA hyping up the "bad" blood between Houston and GS due to the "hard" foul at the end of the day. Man the league is soft today.

NBA and NFL. Just the society we live in. Everything someone does is scrutinized and labeled offensive most the time. Give a hard foul and ESPN dissects it as a cheap shot or something personal. It's pretty pathetic. I play ball against my friends and if they going in for an easy layup and its a close game ill hit them hard. It's nothing personal. Just competition. I see big men like Tyson Chandler complain every damn time he gets touched. Like, what the hell you think a 6'5 guy is going to do against a 7 footer.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:25 AM   #119
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
NBA and NFL. Just the society we live in. Everything someone does is scrutinized and labeled offensive most the time. Give a hard foul and ESPN dissects it as a cheap shot or something personal. It's pretty pathetic. I play ball against my friends and if they going in for an easy layup and its a close game ill hit them hard. It's nothing personal. Just competition. I see big men like Tyson Chandler complain every damn time he gets touched. Like, what the hell you think a 6'5 guy is going to do against a 7 footer.
Well, to be fair, you have seen Rondo take cheap shots at peopole bigger than him just because they fouled a teammate of his.

But let's be honest, if it wasn't for that hype, no one would even care about the Rockets/Warriors, so as stupid as it is, they're doing them a favor.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #120
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

I don't think anyone cared about that game regardless. It was one of the most boring games ever. And Apocy is right. It seems the guys cry after every basket about a foul, knowing darn well the ref ain't going to blow a late whistle. It's just kind of hypocrisy for the NBA and NFL to glorify certain things then if something happens suspend the guy. Like Melo and KG. They WANTED something to happen between those two but yet they suspended Melo for a game before hand. You can't have it both ways.

And watching the Houston/GS game, you just realize how Linsanity needed NYC. He's been descent this year but you barely hear from him. If he put up those same numbers in NYC, he'd be starting in the All Star game.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #121
JaD
Thriller Night

@ Will Ferrell working security at the Laker game last night He eventually "ejected" Shaq too.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

James Dean
Old 02-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #122
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
I don't think anyone cared about that game regardless. It was one of the most boring games ever. And Apocy is right. It seems the guys cry after every basket about a foul, knowing darn well the ref ain't going to blow a late whistle. It's just kind of hypocrisy for the NBA and NFL to glorify certain things then if something happens suspend the guy. Like Melo and KG. They WANTED something to happen between those two but yet they suspended Melo for a game before hand. You can't have it both ways.

And watching the Houston/GS game, you just realize how Linsanity needed NYC. He's been descent this year but you barely hear from him. If he put up those same numbers in NYC, he'd be starting in the All Star game.
That's something I've never understood about both Basketball and Football, and even Baseball to some extent, which is when players whine about not getting a call and sometimes won't even get back on defense because they're too busy complaining. I don't think I've ever seen a ref change a call just because a player complained about it, yet the players still do and it bothers me because it reminds me of times when I've played in pick-up games where people would call their own fouls whenever they miss a shot. Although I've also seen a lot of elbowing and pushing from players who have the ball and it kind of makes me wonder why they rarely make calls on that.

As for Lin, I think he scored like 30 in that last Warriors game, and that was the first I heard from him in a while. I think the Harden trade pushed him out of the spotlight there. But to be fair, the reason he got big was because the Knicks were horrible last season and he gave them hope. But give Woodson some credit for turning that team around and becoming the quickest Knicks coach to win 50 games.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #123
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

The Knicks may fall to the 5th spot, I'm calling it right now. They are getting killed on the boards but yet people are saying Melo is excelling at the four!? THEN they have the balls to play small ball and wonder why they are getting killed on the boards. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see why.

And if Lin was in NYC, and averaged 10, 3, 6, he'd be on every commercial. Which is why I said he may have gotten the contract but he's missing out on millions he would have earned in endorsements. His numbers are similar to what they were with the Knicks, possibly even stealing the ball more but yet you barely hear from the guy.

Last edited by Docker2.0; 02-13-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #124
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I never thought I'd see the day KD led the league in techs lol.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #125
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I love it when refs try to save a game with BS fouls.

Closed Thread